Windows 10: Free NAS Monitoring Software

Discus and support Free NAS Monitoring Software in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have had my NAS for a few weeks now. I am puzzled as to why its lights are always flashing even when theres no scheduled backup taking place or when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by swarfega, Aug 6, 2015.

1. swarfega Win User

Free NAS Monitoring Software

I have had my NAS for a few weeks now. I am puzzled as to why its lights are always flashing even when theres no scheduled backup taking place or when all the computers in the house are turned off.

I would like to be able to monitor IPs and file names and I wonder if this is possible with free software.

:)

swarfega, Aug 6, 2015
  2. jjegan---01, Aug 6, 2015
  3. labeeman Win User

The router is pinging it to see if it is still there.

labeeman, Aug 6, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User
    The hd lights alternate like they're on striped RAID 0 and quite rapidly.

swarfega, Aug 6, 2015
  5. labeeman Win User
    Now that I cannot tell you but if there are not on Raid 0 the OS may be checking to see if the drives are good.

labeeman, Aug 6, 2015
  6. swarfega Win User
    I set the NAS up to use RAID 0, but its curious that the box is lit up as described when theres no schedule active. I do keep the NAS on 24/7 so it may be running tests to check the files maybe.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Free NAS Monitoring Software - Similar Threads - Free NAS Monitoring

2. Free Microsoft Softwares

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Free Microsoft Softwares: Hy, I hope you all will be fine. Will you help me to find a website with free Microsoft software. Any Student Packages?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-microsoft-softwares/cd73eac1-cc6b-45b4-9670-79954123b047"
  3. Free Software for Inventory Control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free Software for Inventory Control: What software do you recommend for keeping inventory up to date and alerting you when you need to order something that is out of stock? Maybe something that is used locally and can be backed up on the cloud? I am looking for something that is free but reliable to use. I...
  4. Free photo editing software

Free photo editing software: I see a download that mimics the old PICASA: https://picasa.en.uptodown.com/windows. Is this legit? Is it malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-photo-editing-software/c50baf82-b489-4945-a6a1-0dbc9d795db2
  5. Free Software

Free Software: Is there a list for free software on the website; like the one on Windows 7 forum? 120742
  6. Free Music Editing Software

Free Music Editing Software: I'm looking for software that can edit music files i.e. fade in/out, snipping, etc. Any suggestions? Cheers! 1407
  7. Suggestions for free audio software

Suggestions for free audio software: Am set up now and wanting to add some software for copying to and playing audio from the Music library now that WMP is not in 10. So any suggestions welcome *Smile 55432
  8. Macrium Free - backup on Nas fail

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Free - backup on Nas fail: Hi guys, if I run a backup on an external usb 3.0 hard drive, Macrium Free create the image of the system drive, but if I scheduled (or manually run) the same backup on a network folder (a raid0 hard drive usb enclosure connected to the usb 3.0 port of my Asus DSL-AC68U...
  9. In search of free backup software

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    In search of free backup software: Few months back I lost all my favorites in Microsoft Edge. Some great folks here recommended I try a program called Recuva from the same folks that make Malwarebytes. Although I tried the program I was never able to recover my favorites file. So, I've learned my lesson and...
  10. Free Graphics Converter Software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Free Graphics Converter Software: 500+ Formats: Imports from more than 500 graphics formats, including JPG, JPEG2000, PDF, PNG, GIF, EMF, TIF, WMF and more. For more details, please read List of 500 Supported Formats. Exports 6 common graphics formats, including JPG, GIF, TIFF and PNG. 50 Filters & Effects:...