Windows 10: free, no-ad lightweight general purpose benchmarking?

Discus and support free, no-ad lightweight general purpose benchmarking? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I was hoping to find a sticky about benchmarking in this forum but I can't find one. I want to compare two laptops I'm thinking of purchasing. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mike1127, Jul 7, 2016.

1. mike1127 Win User

free, no-ad lightweight general purpose benchmarking?

I was hoping to find a sticky about benchmarking in this forum but I can't find one.

I want to compare two laptops I'm thinking of purchasing. I'm interested in the performance on loading applications, including some very large professional music applications, CPU/memory performance as it might be relevant to CPU intensive programs (not graphics, not scientific, just some mathematics), and maybe Windows 10 startup and reboot times.

I looked around for benchmarking programs but most of them are either enormous (multiple GB) or ad-supported. I was hoping to find something free and lightweight that does a good job.

What about the Windows Experience index? I can't find that in the control panel.

Mike

:)

mike1127, Jul 7, 2016

2. BSOD with high frequency

Related to TVALZ_O.SYS TOSHIBA ACPI-Based Value Added Logical and General Purpose Device Driver from TOSHIBA Corporation

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jul 7, 2016
  3. XP ROCKS. Win User
    XP ROCKS., Jul 7, 2016
  4. Stephanie Win User

Stephanie, Jul 7, 2016
  5. mike1127 Win User
    I really appreciate the link, but I can't make sense of the different programs. I don't know how to choose one for my purposes. Can you maybe give me a clue what basic area I need to benchmark, and/or what the terminology would be?

Also, how do I determine my Windows Experience Index? I don't see it in the Control Panel.

thanks,
    Mike

mike1127, Jul 7, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    Windows Experience Index is useless anyway. Benchmarks are useful only when compared with results with same program and even same version of it. Some benchmarks (most of them) are geared toward graphic cards and their performance.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. free, no-ad lightweight general purpose benchmarking? - Similar Threads - free lightweight general

2. Windows benchmark

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows benchmark: Hi, I wonder is it possible to perform a benchmark check for my Windows 10. I want to know which is the most reliable benchmark for Windows 10. Thanks very much https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-benchmark/401c016c-ca4c-439d-82fc-03971a032e15
  3. make it a general purpose tab,earlier school installed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    make it a general purpose tab,earlier school installed: How to use my tab for general purpose Presently it is used for school https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/make-it-a-general-purpose-tabearlier-school/93b9df65-08e1-4351-9b98-f70c294b5c3c
  4. Toshiba x64 ACPI Compliant Value Added Logical and General Purpose Device shows a driver...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toshiba x64 ACPI Compliant Value Added Logical and General Purpose Device shows a driver...: The PC in question is a Toshiba L875D-S7232. The error appeared when Win10 ver.1903 was installed. The error (Large Yellow Triangle) shows up in Devices and Printers in Control Panel. The Troubleshooter has made several attempts to correct this, but to no avail. I have let...
  5. free benchmark program?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    free benchmark program?: I am in need of a benchmark program for a test I am planning. I am looking for some hard data on compressing the OS drive. computer that I will be using runs windows 10 home 32 legacy. aspire one d150-1165 Intel Atom N270 / 1.6 Ghz / 533 MHz Mobile Intel 945GSE Express 2 gig...
  6. Free windows for education purpose?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free windows for education purpose?: I have a question about free windows for education purpose which is strictly non-profit. My case is for use in 'class for elders operated by Presbyterian church'. It is non-profit but students(?) pay about 20 USD per class which is about 10 ~ 12 weekly lessons(breaks down...
  7. Simple realtime lightweight CPU benchmark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Simple realtime lightweight CPU benchmark: I'm looking for the simplest (lightweight, small executable) Windows program to benchmark CPU. I know there are tons of ways to see your CPU core utilization in percentage and you can see your CPU current/maximum MHz setting (for example with Core Temp). I know that there is...
  8. Ad free outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Ad free outlook: I have a Microsoft advert for signing up for ad free outlook taking up a chunk of my inbox in hotmail.com.It sees that I am using an ad blocker (which I am,Ad Blocker Ultimate). Is there any way to get rid of this advert? 76376
  9. Benchmarks

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Benchmarks: Asus PRIME B350-PLUS Performance Results - UserBenchmark Dont know if you will be able to read this link, but I have to admit that I am NOT impressed. Figures appear to be less than good. 85479
  10. General-purpose Surface devices running LTSB Windows 10 not supported

in Windows 10 News
    General-purpose Surface devices running LTSB Windows 10 not supported: Microsoft won't support general-purpose Surface devices running the Long Term Servicing Branch (LTSB) of Windows 10. [img] Credit: Microsoft Microsoft posted this information on its Technet site on October 21. When I asked whether this was a new policy, a company...