Windows 10: Free OCR: Turn a picture of text into real text without spending a dim

Discus and support Free OCR: Turn a picture of text into real text without spending a dim in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Optical character recognition (OCR) software has been around for a long time. But for the most part, it's still cumbersome and expensive. If you only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Borg 386, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Borg 386 Win User

Free OCR: Turn a picture of text into real text without spending a dim

Free OCR: Turn a picture of text into real text without spending a dime | PCWorld

:)

Borg 386, Feb 25, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

How can I select and edit text in a saved paint file

As Frederik explained, the text is actually part of the picture, so you can't copy the text in Windows.

You'll need special OCR (optical character recognition) software. Another way is to upload the picture a website that does OCR in the cloud. Even then you may not be able to copy the text - it all depends on how the picture was encoded.

BulldogXX, Feb 25, 2015
  3. How can I select and edit text in a saved paint file

OCR might extract the text. Unfortunately, replacing the old text with new text leaves a badly damaged picture background.

Frederik Long, Feb 25, 2015
Thema:

Free OCR: Turn a picture of text into real text without spending a dim

1. Free OCR: Turn a picture of text into real text without spending a dim - Similar Threads - Free OCR Turn

2. going from picture to picture adding a text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    going from picture to picture adding a text: I know how to add text to a photo, I save it, then bring in another photo and try to add text to it. it will not work. I hit the text symbol again, try to hit the photo to add the text and it jumps back to 2D shapes icon? it won;t let me add text to pictures back to back...
  3. going from picture to picture adding a text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    going from picture to picture adding a text: I know how to add text to a photo, I save it, then bring in another photo and try to add text to it. it will not work. I hit the text symbol again, try to hit the photo to add the text and it jumps back to 2D shapes icon? it won;t let me add text to pictures back to back...
  4. How to use PDF X Premium to convert OCR to text as advertised.

How to use PDF X Premium to convert OCR to text as advertised.: I purchased PDF X Premium but it cannot convert OCR to text as advertised. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-pdf-x-premium-to-convert-ocr-to-text-as/215b2dfd-cdbd-4631-89d3-b31374e6ba2f
  5. text changes to pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    text changes to pictures: How to I stop my keyboard from changing the eye in breyer to a picture of an eye and the word heart to a picture of a heart? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-changes-to-pictures/931338fb-1c3d-4f41-9a5d-fe80e9d2a39d
  6. text on pictures

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    text on pictures: Does anyone know an app that is free that you can text on pictures https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-on-pictures/2bee9910-a8af-43ab-9440-17f314cea2f8
  7. picture problem and text

in Windows 10 Customization
    picture problem and text: when I am inserting a photo in power point or word. Only half the picture is being shown even in word. there is also a problem in one note where the print is showing like that[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. text turns pink

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    text turns pink: After I updated a graphic driver two days ago, the text on Google Chrome landing page turned into a mixture of strange colors ( pink/blue/black). I use Lenovo IdeaPad 320, a graphic driver is AMD Radeon R7 Graphics. It is the only change I’ve made and I am not sure that this...
  9. Pictures in Firefox Overlap Text

in Browsers and Email
    Pictures in Firefox Overlap Text: I am running Firefox 57.0.2 under W10 build 1709. The first shot in in Edge and shows the pictures just where they should be. The second is in Firefox. Notice the pictures overlap the text. Anyone have a notion how to fix this? Thank you. In Edge [img] In...
  10. free ocr

free ocr: I have seen may OCR apps on the web and even in the store. Has anyone had first hand knowledge of an app? I do not know if my new printer has it bundled as it is not here for another week and am doing research. I think PDF to Word would be ideal. 87064