Windows 10: Free Space Wiping Windows 10

Discus and support Free Space Wiping Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; As an added security precaution in case a Laptop is lost or stolen (then falls into the hands or some dodgy character) understand some folk - in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Pixelme, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Pixelme Win User

Free Space Wiping Windows 10

As an added security precaution in case a Laptop is lost or stolen (then falls into the hands or some dodgy character) understand some folk - in addition to regularly running Disk Cleanup - also wipe their C Drive's 'Free' Space.

Gather that (at one time at least) this could be done without the use of any 3rd Party Software (which I don't want to download in case it's buggy or contains coding-loopholes that rogues can exploit). Believe the method that does not require 3rd Party Software works from using the Windows Key + x, then entering: cifer /w: followed by whatever Drive Name you want to clean up Free Space on. Example: cipher /w:c

1. Does this still work OK for Windows 10?

2. Though I read somewhere that a recent Windows 10 Update offered a Free Space Wipe Option via one of the 'Settings' Menu Options (possibly the 'Storage' Setting) but I've looked and can't immediately spot it?

Any feedback on 1 & 2 above would be much appreciated (so thanks in advance of any replies)

:)

Pixelme, Jul 4, 2018
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jul 5, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 5, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Free Space Wiping Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Free Space Wiping

2. How to free up space in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to free up space in windows 10: So, I use windows 10 i3, i use it for gaming and i came here to freep up space in my windows :C Drive, So any ideas of how to free my space up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-free-up-space-in-windows-10/fd969d1c-e060-4446-b780-4ea59eb3b2d8
  3. How to free up space in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to free up space in windows 10: So, I use windows 10 i3, i use it for gaming and i came here to freep up space in my windows :C Drive, So any ideas of how to free my space up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-free-up-space-in-windows-10/fd969d1c-e060-4446-b780-4ea59eb3b2d8
  4. Wiping the free space in recovery partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wiping the free space in recovery partition: I'm selling my laptop and deleting everything except the windows. Is there a way to securely wipe the free space in recovery and uefi partitions?i did the other volumes with cipher w in cmd but don't know how to address these drives with that command. submitted by /u/cs-k...
  5. Free up the space for Windows 10 update

Free up the space for Windows 10 update: Whenever I try to update windows 10 it give me error we can't install the latest windows 10 features and security improvements on your PC due to low disk space...
  6. Windows 10 Storage Spaces out of space with 2TB free space

Windows 10 Storage Spaces out of space with 2TB free space: I'm using 5 3TB drives to set up a Storage Space pool with parity, as each disk contributes 2.72TB to the pool, I have a total of 9.07TB 2.72x4. However, even though the disk "Properties" shows I still have 1.92TB of free space, Storage Spaces manager reports every disk is...
  7. Free Space

in Windows 10 Customization
    Free Space: I have a 500Gb SSD drive and checking the storage in settings it told me that the drive had 476Gb which I understood of which 367Gb were used and 109Gb were free. Hoping to free up some space and not wanting to delete my pictures or Music, I decided to tidy up my folders and...
  8. Reset this pc: fully clean drive. It wipes free space too?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset this pc: fully clean drive. It wipes free space too?: Hello again Does the feature on Windows 10 "Reset this PC" option Remove everything-fully clean the drive ALSO overwrites FREE SPACE? I manually formated the disk and everything was gone but a format doesn't overwrites anything. So the fully clean drive from reset it will...
  9. Free up space for Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Free up space for Windows 10 updates: I am trying to use external storage to allow updates to install. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4013876/windows-10-free-up-space-to-install-latest-feature-update Select Start > Settings > Update & Security . From the Windows update page, select Fix issues....
  10. Free space in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Free space in windows 10: Hi, I need to free up space in the unit in windows 10 as I do some link or understandable steps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-space-in-windows-10/85baaa22-56a0-4e6c-9abc-f2d89fb35cd9