Windows 10: Free up storage space does not reduce the storage used for photos application.

Discus and support Free up storage space does not reduce the storage used for photos application. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've selected free up storage space for all of my files on the One Drive application but have run out of room on my SSD as a result of photos stored in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KentWright, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Free up storage space does not reduce the storage used for photos application.

I've selected free up storage space for all of my files on the One Drive application but have run out of room on my SSD as a result of photos stored in the photos application.

I appreciate advice on how to minimize the storage size required on my SSD for the Microsoft Photos application.

Surface Pro 2017 i5 256 Gb.

Many thanks,

Ken

:)

KentWright, Aug 11, 2018

2. Storage space reduced after upgrading iBall i701 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

Hi Rajender,

The above issue might occur if the files from external storage is moved to internal storage space on the mobile device.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Are you using external memory card on the mobile device?
    • Did you check if the data from external storage space is moved to internal storage space on the mobile?

Check if data storage option is changed in the mobile settings. If changed, revert the changes and check if the issue is resolved. If not, check if data from external storage is moved to internal storage space on the mobile device.
    If moved, revert the data to external storage and check if the issue is resolved.

Also delete any unwanted/unused data saved on the mobile device.

Write to us with the status of internal space reduced to 2.4GB after upgrading to Windows 10 on iBall i701 in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 11, 2018
  3. Storage Space

Surface Pro 3 storage space is low. Storage settings say that Apps and Games is using 17.5 GB but when I add up the space from the list of apps it is only 5.7 GB. What is taking up up the other ~12 GB and how do I free up space?

renataAtkinson1, Aug 11, 2018
  4. Joan Pin Win User

Free up storage space does not reduce the storage used for photos application.

disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

Free up storage space does not reduce the storage used for photos application.

1. Free up storage space does not reduce the storage used for photos application. - Similar Threads - Free storage space

2. OneDrive reducing to free storage limit.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive reducing to free storage limit.: I had a OneDrive only subscription but it became difficult to use where I am in Mainland China, so subscribed with a local cloud backup, but I still have OD on three of my devices, and on one it is showing the grey cloud with a line through it. I tried to log in but when I...
  3. OneDrive reducing to free storage limit.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive reducing to free storage limit.: I had a OneDrive only subscription but it became difficult to use where I am in Mainland China, so subscribed with a local cloud backup, but I still have OD on three of my devices, and on one it is showing the grey cloud with a line through it. I tried to log in but when I...
  4. OneDrive reducing to free storage limit.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Free up storage space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Free up storage space: Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place, but I just wasn't sure where else to put this. My laptop has barely any storage space left, and that's because 174 gigabytes of it are being used by apps. The problem is, I don't have many apps with large sizes, I just have tons of apps...
  6. freeing storage usage of windows storage spaces

freeing storage usage of windows storage spaces: Hi there, I switched from winbtrfs to windows storage spaces. I have 4 drives for them and firstly attached 2 drives, copied data to it and then attached the other 2 drives and optimized the storage to equal the storage usage over the 4 drives. Unfortunately the blocks...
  7. Storage Spaces - Reduced Resilency

Storage Spaces - Reduced Resilency: Hi guys, woke up this morning to find this. Not being able to access my drives, they're really not THAT old and don't get used much. See pic: https://gyazo.com/04604b6312c515b42e4765f0a03a568f I am not really that familiar with all this stuff, but I figured it would be...
  8. Free storage space

Free storage space: I am having trouble clearing storage on my PC disk. My laptop has used 28.9 GB of 29 GB. I deleted apps and files. The use of storage on this laptop is now at 28.3 GB. I want to at least delete 10 GB or clear the disk out. I am trying to restore my iPhone using the iTunes app...
  9. Using Cloud storage to free up space on my laptop

Using Cloud storage to free up space on my laptop: How do I delete a folder on my local hard drive but preserve a copy in the cloud using Onedrive? My hardrive is getting full but I may need some of the information again....
  10. disk storage: freeing up space

disk storage: freeing up space: Microsoft: In the change how free up space automatically, I had 3.08 GB of space freed up. But it dropped down to 3.06 GB. I managed to free up space and it went up to 3.07 but now, it dropped down to 2.73 GB. What happened there? Is it a bug or is that normal or what is...