Windows 10: Free upgrade to Windows 10 installation question

Discus and support Free upgrade to Windows 10 installation question in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; To introduce myself, I am a 75 year old, grey haired wrinkly with a little computer knowledge but not too much. Please forgive me if this question... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Bluenose1940, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Free upgrade to Windows 10 installation question

To introduce myself, I am a 75 year old, grey haired wrinkly with a little computer knowledge but not too much.

Please forgive me if this question seems trivial to some of you.

Like many of you, I have the opportunity to upgrade to Windows 10 and, I intend to do it once I have finished my work as treasurer of the local cricket club. However, I do prefer to do a completely 'clean install' so that I can rid my pc of all the rubbish that is on it at the moment.

At the moment I have a disk with my current O/S on it and can use this whenever I wish to do a clean install, which I tend to do approximately every 12 to 18 months.

My question therefore is, can I download Windows 10 and burn it to a disk so that it is always available for carrying out future clean installs. If this is not possible, how can I get over the problem in the future?

Many thanks.

:)

Bluenose1940, Aug 9, 2015

2. Windows10 upgrade

windows 10 free upgrade, Aug 9, 2015
  3. PomKim Win User
    how can I keep the windows 10 after upgrade from windows 7 or 8.

Hi. my question is microsoft give us 1 year free upgrade from windows 7 or 8.

what if free upgrade is expired. and if I format the computer so need install new OS. how can I install windows 10?

install windows 7 and upgrade to windows 10 again? or what else?

PomKim, Aug 9, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Free upgrade to Windows 10 installation question

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool - Windows Help

Make sure to click every upside down caret ^ (pointing down) and read the whole web page, especially the grey "Warning" box and the third grey "Note" box.

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

You have to do an in place upgrade of your old operating system first - then you can do as many clean Windows 10 installs as you like and skip entering product keys - on the same computer.

NavyLCDR, Aug 9, 2015
  5. Thank you for your reply NavyLCDR, very helpful. I assume from your reply that I can't get the new O/S onto a CD/DVD and, that it will just remain on my 'C' drive all of the time (as normal) and, that there will be a clear procedure to follow each time that I do a clean install.
    Thanks again for your input, it's much appreciated.

Edit: I've just logged on to your link and I see that it mentions a DVD/USB, should have read it before replying........sorry!!

Bluenose1940, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Free upgrade to Windows 10 installation question

1. Free upgrade to Windows 10 installation question - Similar Threads - Free upgrade installation

2. Question on Windows 10 free upgrade license.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question on Windows 10 free upgrade license.: I have an old machine that was originally running Windows 7 Pro(Retail) and I upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro through the free upgrade process. I believe I tied it to an MS Account with my email, but cannot remember. I logged onto my account from another computer and see my...
  3. Window 10 Free Upgrade License Question

Window 10 Free Upgrade License Question: I have a few questions relating to the license terms for the Free Windows 10 Upgrade from 7. 1) Does the license require that Window 7 be replaced on the computer with Windows 10? For example, can I create an image of my existing Win 7 system, recover it to a second hard...
  4. technet activations & free Win 10 upgrade question

technet activations & free Win 10 upgrade question: I used to subscribe to Technet before Microsoft discontinued the program. I have a legal, retail, Windows 7 Premium package that was an upgrade to Vista. I just used one of my Technet Windows 7 Ultimate keys that I had saved from my Technet subscription to upgrade...
  5. Installing free upgrade

Installing free upgrade: Just curious, but I have 6 pc's slated for the free upgrade. How will you know which download is intended for each machine? 9085
  6. Free upgrade question

in Windows 10 Support
    Free upgrade question: Hi, I have been reading the free upgrade FAQ on here and stuff on other sites but still unsure about one point. Once my PC has downloaded the files for doing the free upgrade do I have to perform the upgrade within the first year since Win 10 launch or can I do it at a later...
  7. Frequently Asked Questions about the WIndows 10 Free upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Frequently Asked Questions about the WIndows 10 Free upgrade: NOTE: I have updated this post to include the most recent information as of 8/8/15. There has been a lot of misinformation, poorly communicated information, interpretation of information, re-interpretation of information, reading between the lines, reporting of said...
  8. Installation question - moving from 7 to 10 under the free upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation question - moving from 7 to 10 under the free upgrade: My current system is dying a death now and so I've taken the plunge and I'm building my next one this week. My current system is Win7 Home with an unused Win10 upgrade. I am weighing up the upgrade and wanted to go for it. The problem is, I am unable to actually undertake...
  9. Question About Free Upgrade To Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Question About Free Upgrade To Win10: I am confused about the one year free upgrade. Is it free as in upgrade for a year and it is yours to have forever? Or is it free for one year and then you have to pay even though you already upgraded? 5215
  10. Windows 10: More free upgrade and activation questions answered

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: More free upgrade and activation questions answered: Here are a few more answers to some nagging questions about Windows 10 upgrades and activation in the post-Anniversary-Update era. Phasing out the year-long free Windows 10 upgrade promotion is, no doubt, a complicated process. But getting answers about how this process...