Windows 10: Free upgrades are still free February 9

Discus and support Free upgrades are still free February 9 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; A tale of two laptops - wife's laptop, licensed on Windows 10 Home only and spare laptop, previously licensed on both Windows 10 Home and Pro. Laptops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NavyLCDR, Feb 10, 2017.

1. NavyLCDR New Member

Free upgrades are still free February 9

A tale of two laptops - wife's laptop, licensed on Windows 10 Home only and spare laptop, previously licensed on both Windows 10 Home and Pro. Laptops are different manufacturers and models.

Wife's laptop needed repair, so moved her hard drive to spare laptop. As expected, Windows 10 Home remain activated because the spare laptop had previous digital license for Windows 10 Home.

Installed hard drive from spare laptop into wife's laptop. Since it was Windows 10 Pro, and I did not realize wife's laptop had never had Pro on it, Windows 10 Pro lost activation. Changed the product key to a Windows 7 Pro product key and Windows 10 Pro activated just fine. Checked the installed product key and, as expected, got the generic Windows 10 upgrade product key in return.

So, as of February 9, upgrades are still free, just as they have been in the past.

:)

NavyLCDR, Feb 10, 2017
  2. HairyFool Win User

Are free windows 10 upgrades still being delivered? I applied for the upgrade before July 29th and my computer shows that it is reserved and will be installed. It is now 6 September.

No.

In order to be issued the Digital License under the free program the upgrade needed to be completed up to the Welcome screen by the cutoff date/time.

HairyFool, Feb 10, 2017
  3. Are free windows 10 upgrades still being delivered? I applied for the upgrade before July 29th and my computer shows that it is reserved and will be installed. It is now 6 September.

Are free windows 10 upgrades still being delivered? I applied for the upgrade before July 29th and my computer shows that it is reserved and will be installed. It is now 6 September

Stephen O'Daniel, Feb 10, 2017
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

Still working Shhhh !!!!!! Just created some VM's today using keys from old TECHNET subscription !!!

If you still have your keys - they currently work -- and most of those TechNet keys even on RETAIL copies have around 10 activations per key -- probably why the TechNet thing was discontinued -- grossly over generous !!!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 11, 2017
Thema:

1. Free upgrades are still free February 9 - Similar Threads - Free upgrades are

2. free upgrade??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    free upgrade??: hi, i am considering upgrading to win 10 form my win 8. my pc meets requirements, but im wondering, if it will be free??.thank you fo reply https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-upgrade/f4e0762c-6cfd-4881-8b5e-f4824d403877
  3. free upgrade??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    free upgrade??: hi, i am considering upgrading to win 10 form my win 8. my pc meets requirements, but im wondering, if it will be free??.thank you fo reply https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-upgrade/f4e0762c-6cfd-4881-8b5e-f4824d403877
  4. Is windows 11 upgrade still available for free?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is windows 11 upgrade still available for free?: I’m wanting to purchase a refurbished Lenovo T480 with windows 10 & was wanting to know if windows 11 is still free. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-11-upgrade-still-available-for-free/3f220c09-d559-4d88-95f2-db3fddb25afe
  5. Is windows 11 upgrade still available for free?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is windows 11 upgrade still available for free?: I’m wanting to purchase a refurbished Lenovo T480 with windows 10 & was wanting to know if windows 11 is still free. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-11-upgrade-still-available-for-free/3f220c09-d559-4d88-95f2-db3fddb25afe
  6. Is free Windows 10 upgrade still legitimate?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is free Windows 10 upgrade still legitimate?: I recently did a free upgraded of my Windows 7 computer to Windows10 using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. Even though the free upgrade offer expired about four years ago, the new install of Windows 10 was activated using a digital licence supplied by MS. I see there...
  7. Free upgrade?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Free upgrade?: I had a feeling this would have been asked already, but did a quick search and nothing came up: I was under the impression that the window (no pun intended) to upgrade to Windows 10 had passed a long time ago, but there are videos on Youtube etc that suggest you can still...
  8. Is it possible to still upgrade to W10 for free?

Is it possible to still upgrade to W10 for free?: Hi all - I've been reading a few articles of recent vintage that claim if I have a valid Windows 7 x64 Product Key, I can upgrade to Windows 10 Pro x64 for free. Seems that the 1809 MCT doesn't work anymore for this purpose, so I wanted to find the real truth among...
  9. free upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    free upgrade: do we know who long to expect the free upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8? will it be 29th? 8657
  10. Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free?

Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free?: Hmm I firstly thought that free upgrade to windows 10 has end but now I see MS giving away windows 10 free again in this wsite?- Here 74024