Windows 10: Free W10 Update -- Technet subscribers - can still get keys

Discus and support Free W10 Update -- Technet subscribers - can still get keys in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there If you still need to create some Free W10 updates before expiry (Jul 29) and you were an old technet subscriber - you can still log on and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Jul 27, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Free W10 Update -- Technet subscribers - can still get keys

Hi there

If you still need to create some Free W10 updates before expiry (Jul 29) and you were an old technet subscriber - you can still log on and get ALL your keys. The easy way is to save to XML (there's export to XML at the top right hand corner after you've logged in) and then open in EXCEL and save as an EXCEL file -- then you get nice easy to read spreadsheet.

Free W10 Update -- Technet subscribers - can still get keys [​IMG]

Note a lot of those keys even for "Retail" often can be used several times so it's worth trying if you have some W7 / W8 / W8.1 keys and want to get more W10 upgrade images.

You often don't have to actually install those old OS'es to upgrade - simply present the technet key. 100% LEGAL.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jul 27, 2016

2. technet professional windows 7 ultimate upgrade to windows 10

follow-on question to this topic:

I have been a bona-fide TechNet subscriber (until the door closed on TechNet) - and I am still running a PC on a TechNet W8.1 license. When I attempt to upgrade to W10 via a media stick, it asks for a product key.

Does this mean that TechNet keys are not, indeed, full permanent licenses (or - at least - are limited to the original version, with no upgrade path)?

HansMosberg, Jul 27, 2016
  3. Wombatway Win User
    What if I require a clean install after a year has past?

This a little bit off the tack but still a general **** about Microsoft' being under handed.

I have been a strong user of Technet for several years and a quite price. I have never really gained from it but still supported and subscribed to Technet. I now find out that I am not eligible to upgrade my Technet keyed windows 7 to Windows 10.

Guys that suck after the thousands of dollars that have been spent. Further to this I hear that the people that have supported and help develop the final release by putting hours of unpaid time (that means us) will not be able to keep going with the Windows
    10 that they have on their computers.

Microsoft grow up and give your supporters including Technet a fair go. Let us keep Our Windows 10 that we have tested for your for free and the same for all those Technet people who have paid a kings ransom over the years. You killed Technet don't abuse
    us!!!!!

Wombatway, Jul 27, 2016
  4. Free W10 Update -- Technet subscribers - can still get keys

Just keep in mind its a per device upgrade, not a per key upgrade. If you do several upgrades on One PC, its only ever going to get the one Digital Entitlement for that version of Windows 10. The best you'll do is one for 10 Home and one for 10 Pro for that device. Doing 10 upgrades with 10 different keys on one device isn't going to get you 10 Digital Entitlements. Not as far as I know anyway. If you have several PC's kicking around that you haven't upgraded yet, that aren't running Windows 7 or 8, go for it though.

alphanumeric, Jul 27, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Absolutely correct. Product keys don't get upgraded. Devices get upgraded.

NavyLCDR, Jul 27, 2016
  6. Plankton Win User
    I think the point jimbo45 was trying to make was; "if you were a subscriber to TechNet and still have keys" you can still use them "on what ever device" you wanted to upgrade to windows 10 on.

Plankton, Jul 27, 2016
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

that's correct -- if you have SEVERAL devices you can use these keys
    Works fine - I've updated 6 different computers (3 X physical machines and 3 X VM's) - note a VM is regarded as a separate machine.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 27, 2016
  8. cereberus Win User

As a side issue, the new activation troubleshooter in Redstone, has a significant limitation inasmuch as you can only transfer digital licences in a VM to another VM ie you cannot create multiple VMs to "upgrade spare keys" as a parking orbit for later use on physical machines. Presumably MS did this to prevent exactly this happening.

cereberus, Jul 27, 2016
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    I actually want these as VM's --however if you use some tools such as VMware converter you can do a V2P (Virtual to Physical) on the same machine the VM was created on - and it will in general activate -- usually it's only the video / sound card that are different when converting back. (VMware).

Before doing the V2P uninstall vmwre tools.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 27, 2016
  10. cereberus Win User
    Sure for product key activated installs - not going to work for digital licences though as they are mobo bound, whether virtual or real of course.

cereberus, Jul 27, 2016
  11. I just logged into Technet and the only Keys i see are the ones I used in the past. All other keys you've claimed 0 of 0 keys. Also it doesn't even list Windows 7 or 8 in the listing of keys.

Oh now i found them.

NEVERMIND

orlbuckeye, Jul 27, 2016
  12. I had my keys all dumped out to a spreadsheet when it was announced that TechNet was being discontinued, in case access was cut.

DeaconFrost, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Free W10 Update -- Technet subscribers - can still get keys - Similar Threads - Free W10 Update

2. Is the free upgrade from W7 to W10 still in place?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is the free upgrade from W7 to W10 still in place?: I see the last posts in the upgrade forum were in 2020. Is the upgrade still available? Thanks 175774
  3. Can I get windows 10 license key for free??

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I get windows 10 license key for free??: Hi I have an HP pc , in my case the specs don't matter what matters is that my PC fell once and the hard drive stopped working, called the IT guy and he told me to buy the license key is foolish as it is expensive so he put in fake key, and after the key was recognized as...
  4. Is it possible to still upgrade to W10 for free?

Is it possible to still upgrade to W10 for free?: Hi all - I've been reading a few articles of recent vintage that claim if I have a valid Windows 7 x64 Product Key, I can upgrade to Windows 10 Pro x64 for free. Seems that the 1809 MCT doesn't work anymore for this purpose, so I wanted to find the real truth among...
  5. technet activations & free Win 10 upgrade question

technet activations & free Win 10 upgrade question: I used to subscribe to Technet before Microsoft discontinued the program. I have a legal, retail, Windows 7 Premium package that was an upgrade to Vista. I just used one of my Technet Windows 7 Ultimate keys that I had saved from my Technet subscription to upgrade...
  6. Old Technet ISOs - Keys becoming not valid ?????

Old Technet ISOs - Keys becoming not valid ?????: Hi there I tried re-installing Windows 8.1 Enterprise that I downloaded from TechNet during my subscription --it's the VL multiple activation one. The Keys don't activate it any more -- I've only activated it about 3 times and it IS a VL one with Multiple activations...
  7. Old Technet keys still valid for W10 installs -you can still get keys

Old Technet keys still valid for W10 installs -you can still get keys: Hi folks If anybody was a member of the old TechNet system and have keys from those days -- W7 / W8 /W8.1 keys are still valid to be used for W10 installs. If you haven't got your keys or lost them you can still logon (use your Microsoft ID) and get your keys -- export...
  8. Technet /Msdn Subscribers - Get keys into EXCEL

Technet /Msdn Subscribers - Get keys into EXCEL: Hi there For those of you who have MSDN or the last few days of TechNet and you want to keep your Keys for your downloads in a nice easy file do the following. 1) on the subscriber Product keys page chose EXPORT to XML 2) Save as an XML file 3) Now open with EXCEL...
  9. Previous Technet subscribers - Keys still available

Previous Technet subscribers - Keys still available: Hi there For those who were previous TechNet subscribers -- you CAN still get your keys even if you can't download the products any more. This is good for people who for example want to get a W10 licence -- you can enter a VALID W7 / W8 / W8.1 key for example for W10...
  10. Free upgrade still working (old technet Keys)

Free upgrade still working (old technet Keys): Hi there I created some Windows images on different machines this morning (30 Jul 10:56 local time) -- still activating W10 --using old keys from my Technet subcription. If you've got some keys left and some machines grab the Free upgrade while it's still working...