Windows 10: Free Windows 10 Copy

Discus and support Free Windows 10 Copy in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; How do I get signed up for my free 10 copy? I haven't gotten a prompt to register for it on my 7 install but I don't run it much. Does that come as an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by townsbg, Jul 22, 2015.

1. townsbg Win User

Free Windows 10 Copy

How do I get signed up for my free 10 copy? I haven't gotten a prompt to register for it on my 7 install but I don't run it much. Does that come as an update? I've installed the latest updates. Also my 10 insider preview isn't updating past build 10162. The latest round of updates didn't change the build number.*sarc

:)

townsbg, Jul 22, 2015

2. Windows10 upgrade

windows 10 free upgrade, Jul 22, 2015
  3. FREE COPY OF WINDOWS 10

Hi Jessen,

Thanks for replying. I went to the site using a fonctioning computer and transfered the "media creation tool" and loaded it onto a "clé usb". I plugged it into my laptop then switch on. the system booted, as usual, it asked for my password, as usual which,
    when entered, gave me my new windows 10 flashing desktop with no fonction -(well, the cursor can be moved with the little, never-ending, spinning, blue circle next to the arrow!)

What I need is to be able to get into safe mode in order to get rid of Win 10 and start using my computer as before. If necessary, I'll reformat the hard disk... How do I do that, in simple English. One further question: what is the 'Del' key in British
    English? Is it delete or back space? Many thanks in advance.

IANBURTON_FRANGLAIS, Jul 22, 2015
  4. Free Windows 10 Copy

Hello @townsbg Brink's tutorial below should help ensure you get the free upgrade to 10 from 7, Please review the "Information and Note" sections of the tutorial to ensure you have met all criteria.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...s-7-8-1-a.html

However for the latest new build 101240 the build update is only available through Windows Update and you must be logged in to your Microsoft Account and set to receive Insider Builds to receive the update.

Microsoft has also temporarily suspended ISO downloads and activation of new clean installs from the Windows Insider Program until GA on July 29th.

IownAmoneyPit, Jul 22, 2015
  5. @townsbg when build 101240 first came out some had to wait 24+ hours for the update also as I mentioned M$ has temporarily suspended downloads and activations from the Insider Program in order to prepare for GA of Win 10 on July 29.

However M$ has stated that the Insider Program will still continue after GA with new builds and ISO's so I would follow the news section of the forum for the latest details.

IownAmoneyPit, Jul 22, 2015
  6. townsbg Win User
    That update was installed last may still no pop up. I meet the minimum system requirements, I don't have the enterprise version, I am running 7 sp1, and I am connected to the internet so why else would I not get the popup?

townsbg, Jul 22, 2015
  7. Maybe because they said not everyone will get the upgrade at the same time...

GaloreRu1z4n3x, Jul 24, 2015
  8. townsbg Win User

Free Windows 10 Copy

I should still be able to register even if it delays download.

townsbg, Jul 25, 2015
  9. IownAmoneyPit, Jul 27, 2015
  10. Slartybart, Jul 27, 2015
  11. townsbg Win User
    On my Windows 7 system I've noticed that only 3.5 gb of space is available. ccleaner only freed ~150 mb so I ran disk cleanup and selected the system clean up option. The top of the list is Windows update cleanup at 2.62 gb. Could that be for the Windows 10 update or is that just update uninstallers? I still have not gotten the option to register for an upgrade and it doesn't show up under windows update. I haven't had a lot of time to fool with this lately. I have downloaded the iso but I don't have a serial number.

townsbg, Aug 5, 2015
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    You are going to need 8 gb of free space for Windows 10 upgrade.

NavyLCDR, Aug 5, 2015
  13. Berton Win User

Free Windows 10 Copy

I Upgraded a Dell Venue Tablet with Win8.1 a couple of days ago and got the message about needing 8GB space but it had a place where I could choose a different drive or partition so I pointed it to the 32GB MicroXD card I had installed and the Win10 installation left a 12GB 'Temporary' Folder on it. I'd certainly plan to have more space available.

Berton, Aug 5, 2015
  14. townsbg Win User
    I cleared the updates and added 10 gb of hard drive space yet still no upgrade offer. I have over 15 gb free.

townsbg, Aug 8, 2015
  15. NavyLCDR New Member
    Then use the "Upgrade this PC now" option of the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.

NavyLCDR, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

Free Windows 10 Copy

1. Free Windows 10 Copy - Similar Threads - Free Copy

2. Install fresh copy of Win. 10 on device with about 3GB of storage free via least elaborate...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install fresh copy of Win. 10 on device with about 3GB of storage free via least elaborate...: Having run this past Googe Bard GB it looks like the only way is to install a lighweight LINUX OS; delete Win. 10 entirely and then create an installer. I'm "clutching at straws" - have done two Re-sets of Win 10 recently but it's often slower than ever e.g. typing out four...
  3. Install fresh copy of Win. 10 on device with about 3GB of storage free via least elaborate...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install fresh copy of Win. 10 on device with about 3GB of storage free via least elaborate...: Having run this past Googe Bard GB it looks like the only way is to install a lighweight LINUX OS; delete Win. 10 entirely and then create an installer. I'm "clutching at straws" - have done two Re-sets of Win 10 recently but it's often slower than ever e.g. typing out four...
  4. Install fresh copy of Win. 10 on device with about 3GB of storage free via least elaborate...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My OneDrive was apparently copying everything to the cloud. It filled up. I tried to free...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My OneDrive was apparently copying everything to the cloud. It filled up. I tried to free...: I can't even reach my own desktop from the Windows Explorer anymore. The content has been replaced with a shortcut link to OneDrive. And the shortcut no longer works, because I tried removing the link from my computer to OneDrive to stop it from trying to copy everything...
  6. My OneDrive was apparently copying everything to the cloud. It filled up. I tried to free...

My OneDrive was apparently copying everything to the cloud. It filled up. I tried to free...: I can't even reach my own desktop from the Windows Explorer anymore. The content has been replaced with a shortcut link to OneDrive. And the shortcut no longer works, because I tried removing the link from my computer to OneDrive to stop it from trying to copy everything...
  7. Try to copy to external drive but keep get error message No Enough Free Space.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Try to copy to external drive but keep get error message No Enough Free Space.: I try to copybackup the folder from C:\ drive to my external F:\ drive. My external F:\ drive Free Space = 800 GB,I want to copy the folder of about 212 GB In the local OneDrive directory. Each time I try to copy the folder, it will pop up the error message "There is not...
  8. Try to copy to external drive but keep get error message No Enough Free Space.

Try to copy to external drive but keep get error message No Enough Free Space.: I try to copybackup the folder from C:\ drive to my external F:\ drive. My external F:\ drive Free Space = 800 GB,I want to copy the folder of about 212 GB In the local OneDrive directory. Each time I try to copy the folder, it will pop up the error message "There is not...
  9. While copying, showing insufficient space, but the drive has more than double free.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While copying, showing insufficient space, but the drive has more than double free.: Hello,The setup is Windows Server 2022. I am trying to copy a folder from a Drive E: to another drive D:. But it says insufficient space. However there is more than double space available. Can anyone please help me understand this weird behaviour?Drive E:Folder:Drive D: Space...
  10. While copying, showing insufficient space, but the drive has more than double free.

While copying, showing insufficient space, but the drive has more than double free.: Hello,The setup is Windows Server 2022. I am trying to copy a folder from a Drive E: to another drive D:. But it says insufficient space. However there is more than double space available. Can anyone please help me understand this weird behaviour?Drive E:Folder:Drive D: Space...