Windows 10: Free Windows 10 upgrade a permanent license?

Discus and support Free Windows 10 upgrade a permanent license? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Again you are choosing to do the free upgrade, hence take the responsibility. What you do is not Microsoft's fault it is your own so own it. . . That... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Delicieuxz, Jan 25, 2015.

1. groze Win User

Free Windows 10 upgrade a permanent license?

That is like saying, you chose to buy that car, and the company offered free tires for a year, but if a tire blows out and causes you to crash, you can't sue the manufacturer.

Microsoft has an obligation and responsibility, to honor continued function. They can't offer an upgrade that may cause you not to operate the system in the future. They are the ones making the offer, what Microsoft does is their fault, not ours, so they should own it.

Of course they could always make people buy it, to remove all doubt, but perhaps, many people wouldn't even bother.

Here is a big *Thumbs Trust_No1

I am not sure I agree on your analogy but I do agree with the bold part.

People tend to forgot who owns the computer, not Microsoft, Nor it is the OEM company or the system builder it is the consumer, business or enterprise owner. You should be able to run & use your computer how you see fit as long as what you do is legal in your jurisdiction.

groze, Jan 26, 2015
  2. LEE
    Lee Win User

See all the children are out playing. . .really mom it wasn't my fault. . .he did not me. . .*Roflmao2

3. BunnyJ New Member
    Yes,.. but they're allowed to their thoughts even if they're incorrect. *Wink

BunnyJ, Jan 26, 2015
  4. badrobot Win User

Don't do it..... yet.

badrobot, Jan 26, 2015
  5. When the time comes, "read the EULA". If you don't like the terms don't upgrade, simple as that. Your going to have to agree to it, even if you don't take the time to read it, to get the upgrade. free or not. It's not being forced on you, you do have a choice. What's with all this Free isn't good enough baloney. I want, I want, I want, It's all Microsoft's fault. *Confused

alphanumeric, Jan 26, 2015
  6. You didn't happen to go here, Microsoft Releases Windows 10 Preparation Tool For Windows 8.1 And Windows 7 PCs and run that tool did you?

7. BunnyJ New Member
    It's the same old thing. No matter what MS does it's not going to please everyone. I for one am happy with the idea that I can get Win10 as a free upgrade later this year.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Jan 26, 2015
  8. adamf Win User

Oh go then, someone has to ask, do tell. I don't get rhetorical questions.

Who owns your computer then seeing as you bought it?

And who owns the Windows OS you use seeing as you didn't buy it?

adamf, Jan 26, 2015
  9. It's the same old thing. No matter what MS does it's not going to please everyone. I for one am happy with the idea that I can get Win10 as a free upgrade later this year.

Jeff *Ditto To the free offer. And your other comments.

10. badrobot Win User
    For me and for others who has more than 1 pc, there's really no pressure to upgrade my windows 7 to 10 within the "free period". 10 is not all bad but I still think it's not worth giving up 7. As for support and security concerns, it's my own problem if I chose not to give it up. But for sure, my Win 8.1 PCs will get upgraded to 10.

But who here really knows what the concept of "FREE" means for M$? It only reminds me of a free printer. Where you have to buy your own ink regularly to be able to put it into good use. Printer inks are a rip-off. Don't tell me to use replacement ink. This is just an analogy. *Smile

badrobot, Jan 26, 2015
  11. LMiller7 Win User
    Don't criticize Microsoft for a problem that does not and may never exist. It seems inconceivable that Microsoft would not have thought of this and devised a solution. It seems really quite simple.

LMiller7, Jan 26, 2015
  12. It is considering the subject of the thread. "It seems inconceivable" doesn't preempt discussions from happening, and the number of times in computing where something wasn't discussed out of surety there would be no problem, and it turns out to have been a problem that should have been discussed, is very great.

The considering stands. And "it seems inconceivable" just highlights the significance of the matter, and makes all the more understandable that it would be discussed openly by those who could become affected by it.

Delicieuxz, Jan 26, 2015
  13. LEE
    Lee Win User

Yes,.. but they're allowed to their thoughts even if they're incorrect. *Wink Never said they couldn't . . .*Biggrin

14. Why are you wasting your efforts flame-baiting? It lowers the stature of your opinion by reflecting the caliber of person it came from.

Delicieuxz, Jan 26, 2015
  15. Too late!

But … after a while it seems my wifi driver was replaced with one from the same company as my Bluetooth module (meaning: it killed itself) and as soon as I plug in the ethernet cable the computer BSODs (and BSODs when it gets to the point of the startup when it loads the network drivers).

However, they make it dead simple to revert to the old OS. It's in update and recovery and took three clicks and half an hour.
    No, but I did register for the TP on my account that my computer is linked to.

FuturDreamz, Jan 26, 2015
Thema:

1. Free Windows 10 upgrade a permanent license? - Similar Threads - Free upgrade permanent

2. Free upgraded PC activation and license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free upgraded PC activation and license: I have a old pc that I upgraded to windows 10 during free upgrade period. If I give my pc to a friend or family member, will the windows 10 license still be valid as it is digitally linked to my Microsoft account?...
  3. Find Digital License for Windows 10 Free Upgrade

Find Digital License for Windows 10 Free Upgrade: I did the free upgrade to Windows 10 Home had Windows 7 before in 2016, directly from Microsoft. Recently my PC started having issues with the Windows update, then this weekend I noticed an error message in Settings, saying "Windows is not activated." I ran the...
  4. Windows 10 Free Upgrade License and Audit Compliance

Windows 10 Free Upgrade License and Audit Compliance: Hi, We had upgraded Windows 7 Pre-Installed OEM (Which came with HP / Dell Workstations) to Windows 10 in the year of 2016 when Microsoft announced a pubic free upgrade. We had reloaded a couple of our internal systems in the year of 2017 due to performance issues. We had...
  5. Windows 10 License for free

Windows 10 License for free: Split from this thread. I need to know if is possible to get product key freely https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-license-for-free/87835dbc-e4ea-4bb2-afff-18a8393e43f5"
  6. Question on Windows 10 free upgrade license.

Question on Windows 10 free upgrade license.: I have an old machine that was originally running Windows 7 Pro(Retail) and I upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro through the free upgrade process. I believe I tied it to an MS Account with my email, but cannot remember. I logged onto my account from another computer and see my...
  7. Window 10 Free Upgrade License Question

Window 10 Free Upgrade License Question: I have a few questions relating to the license terms for the Free Windows 10 Upgrade from 7. 1) Does the license require that Window 7 be replaced on the computer with Windows 10? For example, can I create an image of my existing Win 7 system, recover it to a second hard...
  8. Will this plan work to "reserve" my free upgrade permanently?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will this plan work to "reserve" my free upgrade permanently?: I have 4 retail versions of Win7 running on various machines in my house. I do not really want to upgrade to Win10 yet, but I also don't want to miss out on 4 free upgrades, and the time counting down until 7/29 has been bothering me. But I have a plan that I think might...
  9. Free upgrade license type requirements

in Windows 10 Support
    Free upgrade license type requirements: Hello this is my first post so "Hi!". I've read on Wikipedia that the Windows 10 free upgrade will offered to all users of "consumer editions" of Windows 7 and 8.1. I'm currently at a stage where I need to do a fresh install of Windows 7 but do not have a recovery disc....
  10. Retail license W10 upgrade permanent?

in Windows 10 Support
    Retail license W10 upgrade permanent?: So the MS position on upgraded Win 7 / 8 machines is straight-forward: for the life of the device. But what does this mean for non-OEM people, who are using a retail Windows license, which they upgrade to Windows 10? If they get a new PC, and install Windows using their...