Windows 10: free xml viewers

Discus and support free xml viewers in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have searched the web for a free xml viewer. No luck! If I open the xml file in notepad it is not easily readable. I need an app to view the text -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by errolgreer, Mar 16, 2017.

1. free xml viewers

I have searched the web for a free xml viewer. No luck! If I open the xml file in notepad it is not easily readable. I need an app to view the text - and print if possible - in an easily readable format.

Thanks Errol

:)

errolgreer, Mar 16, 2017

2. Delete Event Log Files created in one month

Rishad,

I noticed that some type of XML coding might help to export.

I export the logs basically based on the setup of the events. For example, you have Event Viewer (Local) -> Windows Logs -> Security. And I export them to )say the month of April):

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Windows Logs\2016\Security\

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Windows Logs\2016\Security\Comma Separated Value - CSV\04.csv

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Windows Logs\2016\Security\Event Viewer\No Display Information\04.evtx

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Windows Logs\2016\Security\Event Viewer\Display Information for English\04..evtx

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Windows Logs\2016\Security\Event Viewer Current View - XML\04.xml

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Windows Logs\2016\Security\TXT\04.txt

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Windows Logs\2016\Security\XML\No Display Information\04.xml

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Windows Logs\2016\Security\XML\Display Information for English\04.xml

What is getting a bit more difficult is creating the Event Viewer (Local) -> Applications and Services Logs -> Dell (OK a bit easy), but then you have Event Viewer (Local) -> Applications and Services Logs -> Microsoft -> Windows -> AAD. Which goes to:

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Applications and Services Logs\Microsoft\Windows\AAD\Operational\2016\Comma Separated Files - CSV\01.csv

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Applications and Services Logs\Microsoft\Windows\AAD\Operational\2016\Event Files\No Display Information\01.evtx

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Applications and Services Logs\Microsoft\Windows\AAD\Operational\2016\Event Files\Display Information for English\01.evtx

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Applications and Services Logs\Microsoft\Windows\AAD\Operational\2016\TXT\01.txt

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Applications and Services Logs\Microsoft\Windows\AAD\Operational\2016\XML\No Display Information\01.xml

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Applications and Services Logs\Microsoft\Windows\AAD\Operational\2016\XML\Display Information for English\01.xml

So maybe if an XML export can some export / create the proper documents, that would be great!

Thank you!

CoreyBryant, Mar 16, 2017
  3. bo_gatt Win User
    Sports Tracker

Is there any way you can export the XML files to a P.C and see them in graph form. Have read something about the polar viewer but havent really understood it. I have managed to view the KMl files with google earth but not the XML.

Can anyone help pls ??

Thanks

Bo

bo_gatt, Mar 16, 2017
  4. free xml viewers

You can try Notepad++ with XML plugins, but if the code is badly written, it will not help.

TairikuOkami, Mar 16, 2017
  5. Kyhi Win User
  6. Kyhi Win User
  7. essenbe Win User
    Kyhi does it work in Windows 10? The requirements say Vista and XP.

essenbe, Mar 16, 2017
  8. essenbe Win User

free xml viewers

Thanks, Just installed.

essenbe, Mar 16, 2017
  9. Kari Win User
  10. essenbe Win User
    Yep. I tried it out once and it seemed real good.

essenbe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

free xml viewers

1. free xml viewers - Similar Threads - free xml viewers

2. Device status .xml?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device status .xml?: i was scrolling through my pc disk when i found this im wondering if its a virus or something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-status-xml/c2de3037-073b-4680-a6b6-3cddc638ca3d
  3. Microsoft XML Parser MSXML and XML Core Services Unsupported

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft XML Parser MSXML and XML Core Services Unsupported: Hi Team,Microsoft XML Parser MSXML and XML Core Services UnsupportedThis is the vulnerability flagged on systems with WIN10 PRO. 1. Can we go ahead and remove MSXML 4.0 SP2 parser and SDK from control panel to mitigate?2. Does it require any latest version to be installed on...
  4. XML Files

XML Files: Hi folks! Just registered to this forum and glad to have found it. So I was installing Ubuntu on my computer which already had windows 10.I wanted to have a dual OS. Things went south and windows got deleted/ over written or whatever. I used a hard drive recovery device to...
  5. Looking for a free binary file viewer for Windows 10

Looking for a free binary file viewer for Windows 10: I tried "Crafty File Viewer" from the Microsoft Store. It does show some nice checksums and the content for a file, but it is quite sketchy and doesn't do much else. I was looking for an old fashioned viewer that shows sixteen or thirty two bytes from a file at a time in a...
  6. PC Activity Viewer free - sharewareonsale.com

PC Activity Viewer free - sharewareonsale.com: $39.90 Free! (100% off) sharewareonsale.com - Sale ends in July 11 12 Midnight PC Activity Viewer free Are you in a position where you need to know exactly whats going on with multiple PC workstations? Like, beyond just a list of applications and really whats happening on...
  7. Free Gui type xml editor for xml config files in VM's

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Free Gui type xml editor for xml config files in VM's: Hi folks Running Windows (or other) VM's using KVM the configuration files are in XML -- and using VI or VIM (or similar text based editors) is a real pain. However Geany is a nice little free GUI that does the job. It's not intended as a robust enterprise xml editor (these...
  8. Understanding the Event Data of Event Viewer logs in XML format

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Understanding the Event Data of Event Viewer logs in XML format: Hello, I'm trying to understand how to decode the %%-numbers present in some XML event data section. For example, in the eventID 5152, I have <EventData><Data Name='ProcessId'>0</Data><Data Name='Application'>-</Data><Data Name='Direction'>%%14592</Data><Data...
  9. xml

in Windows 10 Customization
    xml: what is xml and how can I modify it. My windows media player was working alright then it stopped. When I did troubleshooting, I was told a software has changed the XML to SXL. Any help?...
  10. xml error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    xml error: When doing a scan with free version of Spybot I get the message (in bold) below about file 180702-213610.xml. Has been on the 'cleaner' page for a few days. What is 180702-213610.xml? Is it a virus? Has it been cleaned based on note in green below? I use Webroot...