Windows 10: Freebie Software from Kaspersky

Discus and support Freebie Software from Kaspersky in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been using driver booster 3.3 from Advanced system Care for quite a while, it works fine, up to a point but - I bought a mag Web User for £2 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by elbmek, Apr 17, 2016.

1. elbmek Win User

Freebie Software from Kaspersky

I have been using driver booster 3.3 from Advanced system Care for quite a while, it works fine, up to a point but - I bought a mag Web User for £2 and page 26 shows us the freebies from Kaspersky.

Go to free.kaspersky.com/uk and there is the options:

1. Cleaner
    2. Software Updater
    3. Password Manager
    4. Safe Kids
    5. Security Scan
    6. Rescue disk
    7. Virus Removal Tool

I tired 1 and 2 and there was a fair bit of rubbish in there, now gone. ". Updated software drivers that ASC Driver Booser did not pick up on. I checked Driver booster afterwards and it said my sound needed updating - it always says that. I do not believe updates on realtek come out THAT quickly.

In the mag are also where to get excellent (up to 35 passes) files shredder; and a reCAll, software licence key reminder/discovery. Something else not looked at yet ToView, from bit.ly/toview394 - watch live tv!!

A few other articles naturally incluing a DONT INSTALL section for software like Andromeda Video Editor (try this instead KineMaster) and Dont inall Directory Report (but try this instead WinDirStat.) etc.

Next windows is codenamed Redstone possibly spring 2017

:)

elbmek, Apr 17, 2016
  2. intasun32 Win User

Kaspersky Mobile 9.0 Trial Version

A while ago I downloaded the trial version of Kaspersky Mobile 9.0, I did not use it very much and found it annoying when it scanned when I wanted to use my phone. I decided to uninstall the software, a simple task I thought, how wrong I was.

When I tried to uninstall it asked for a pass word, I didn't remember setting up a password and checked all my record to see if I had noted it down in the hanset manual. This is something I do for each handset but there was no record of it. I sent an e-mail
    to Kaspersky and waited for a reply. I then Googled the problem and to my surprise I was not alone, there were many that had posted the same problem even on Kaspersky's own forum.

I received a reply which placed the blame on me for forgetting the pass word and advising that I contact Nokia. I have replied bringing it to their attention that it was not a one off complaint, I have yet to receive a reply.

I

t show's that there is no such thing as a freebie!!

Has anyone else experienced the same problem?

Has anyone from Nokia any comments or advice, please?

intasun32, Apr 17, 2016
  3. PC runs slow after running game apps from MS Store

What problems were you having that you thought uninstalling/reinstalling the Comcast/Norton freebie might resolve?

What problems were you having in September of 2016 that you thought uninstalling/reinstalling the Comcast/Norton freebie might resolve?

Was the previous Comcast freebie McAfee Security Center ever installed?

How about the Comcast freebie Constant Guard Security Suite?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Apr 17, 2016
  4. Freebie Software from Kaspersky

Please explain why I should not install Directory Report

gamersamer, May 2, 2016
  5. elbmek Win User
    Thats kaspersky saying that, maybe it explains better on the link, I didnt want it anyway to didnt read it through.

elbmek, May 2, 2016
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    I wouldn't bother with ANY of that stuff

For example Virus Removal -- the trouble with Virus Removal is that you are already using an INFECTED computer to run the tool --so it's impossible to say if the OS is doing what you want it to do.

As I pointed out earlier - it's a bit like asking a Pilot to deliberately fly a defective plane and repair it while it's in the air !!!.
    You'd do it on the ground and use proper (independent) diagnostics to locate and replace / repair the defective equipment.

Whether you use AV software or not the best method of getting a computer back to a 100% clean state is to always have plenty of CLEAN backups -- there's software (Free) out there which take backups - FREE MACRIUM is a good one for example.

Registry cleaners, driver scans, uninstallers etc -- I'd keep those well away from a system.

A decent Bootable FREE MACRIUM restore only takes around 15 Mins on an average W10 installation using relatively modern hardware -- with an SSD it can sometimes take as little as 5 Mins. Keep your OS and applications on a separate partition / Disk and have your DATA on another partition / disk(s) etc.

I really can't understand why people don't backup their systems regularly --saves so much trouble and for a few minutes work you can save HOURS (and sometimes DAYS) of extra work.

These 3rd party "Cleaner / driver / booting / uninstaller" etc type stuff might have been worth it at some time in the past - if they ever were but totally not worth it on W10 systems and can cause the OS to malfunction too.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 2, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    I agree.

davidhk, May 2, 2016
  8. elbmek Win User

jimbo delete the thread. It was only for info, if one person got something out of it, thats all that matters

elbmek, May 2, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    jimbo's thread is on post #4. It is still there.

davidhk, May 3, 2016
  10. elbmek Win User
    No, I said delete the thread - not post.

elbmek, May 3, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    jimbo does not have the power to delete a thread, especially a thread NOT started by him.

ONLY the Admin, Forum Owner, and maybe the Moderators have the power to do so, and I do not believe there is any valid reason to delete the thread. After all, it is an useful info, as you said. More the reason it should stay.

Give one of them a private message and see if your request is granted.

davidhk, May 3, 2016
  12. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there.

I can't see why I should delete my reply -- I haven't posted incorrect or misleading info - and I certainly think MORE people would benefit by taking timely and regular backups than installing bits of 3rd party software which are installed not as basic applications but hook themselves right into the internals of the Windows OS.

Particularly with the current state of Windows 10 receiving loads of updates quite regularly those programs could render your OS as inoperable.

(They might not - but these types of programs usually cause problems when Windows release are updated),

So to use a Latin quote : STET.

(For our less Classically endowed readers - this means IT STANDS - i.e I'm not altering or deleting it).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 3, 2016
  13. elbmek Win User

I didnt say that!!!

I said remove the whole thread, come on guys, read what is wrote *Cool

Thread: a collection of posts

elbmek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Freebie Software from Kaspersky - Similar Threads - Freebie Software Kaspersky

2. uninstalling kaspersky lab and kaspersky antivirus and kaspersky total security from my pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    uninstalling kaspersky lab and kaspersky antivirus and kaspersky total security from my pc: I need to unistall Kaspersky Internet Security from my pc, windows 10. after manual Uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security I have a problem. I already did 1. control panel 2. programs and feautures 3. uninstall The Kaspersky Internet Security the result is: it is not...
  3. uninstalling kaspersky

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    uninstalling kaspersky: dear sir i am downloading windows 10 a requirement is to uninstall old kaspersky antivirus which i cannot as i do not have the pass word and for years now i am using windows essential as the kaspersky license expired long time so how can i proceed. best rgds...
  4. Defender/Kaspersky

Defender/Kaspersky: I have win 8.1 on my PC and have relied on Kaspersky for a number of years. It has served me well over the years except once when I encountered a software issue and turned off Kaspersky, enabled Windows Defender so I could scan for issues. Defender found the issue that...
  5. Kaspersky Risks?

Kaspersky Risks?: Here is another story on Kaspersky software today - Google for UK spymasters raise suspicions over Kaspersky software’s Russia links I've had concerns for some time and have now decided to remove Kaspersky software from my PCs. This is a shame since Kaspersky antivirus...
  6. Kaspersky 2018?

Kaspersky 2018?: Kaspersky have suggested I install the 2018 version of Kaspersky Total Security due to a few minor issues I'm having - see Kaspersky Total Security 2018 release notes Has anyone used the 2018 version yet and what do you think of it? 90741
  7. Antivirus kaspersky

Antivirus kaspersky: I'm using windows 10 version 1703 i want to install kaspersky internet security 2017 .. But i can't install please hlep me out... Thank [img] 87146
  8. Kaspersky Update

Kaspersky Update: The UK National Cyber Security Centre is warning against using Kaspersky software for systems related to national security - see UK warning of Russian anti-virus software I've always been impressed by Kaspersky software but I have decided to stop using it. 99390
  9. Kaspersky not opening

Kaspersky not opening: I have Kaspersky Full Internet security on my Desktop and Laptop. My desktop is running Win 10 Pro 64bit and my Laptop is running Win 10 Pro 32bit. On my Desktop I have no problems with my Kaspersky it works as it should, but on my Laptop it runs in the background...
  10. Kaspersky Cleaner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kaspersky Cleaner: Kaspersky Lab is well known for its security products. While it’s popular products like Kaspersky Antivirus and Kaspersky Internet Security are paid solutions, Kaspersky Lab does offer couple of free tools for Windows operating system. One of them is Kaspersky Cleaner....