Windows 10: FreeCad is not showing on the default App list!!

Discus and support FreeCad is not showing on the default App list!! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am running Windows 10 and have just installed FreeCad for working on some .dwg files. The default app is set by the PC to paint.net which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Thomas_2018, Jul 31, 2018.

1. FreeCad is not showing on the default App list!!

Hello,

I am running Windows 10 and have just installed FreeCad for working on some .dwg files.

The default app is set by the PC to paint.net which I would like to change to FreeCad.

Have tried to change the app the files are opening in the following ways;

1. Via file explorer => right on the file/files => click "Change" for Opens with => FreeCad is not on the list for app to be selected.

2. Via Setting => Apps => Default Apps => Choose default apps by file type => go to .dwg =>

FreeCad is not on the list for app to be selected.

Can someone please explain why FreeCad is not appearing on the list of apps for "Opens with" and how this change can be made so I can get on with my work.

Thanks in advance.

Thomas

:)

Thomas_2018, Jul 31, 2018

2. How to edit a default app list

But that's the problem. It does NOT show up. None of the Adobe apps except Acrobat shows up in that list--not even the ones that show up in other lists. Not even the old Lightroom app that I want to replace.

The real problem is that one is limited to using whatever apps Windows (or Microsoft) has chosen for any given list; there's no ability to use whatever apps are on the computer. In fact, there are a couple of apps on the "set defaults by app" list that
    aren't even on my computer. This seems an arbitrary limitation of function here, and it's pretty frustrating.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not sure there is any way at all to do what should be standard.

GailGoldey, Jul 31, 2018
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done *Smile I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jul 31, 2018
  4. FreeCad is not showing on the default App list!!

Apps not showing in app list

Hello Shirley,

Could you answer the below questions:

• Are you using a Local account or a Microsoft Account?

• Is Cortana able to search the apps installed?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Start Settings in Search and hit
      Enter
    • Turn on Show recently added apps in jump list of Start of Taskbar.
    Please also run SFC scan and check if the issue persists. System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

• Press Windows key + X key.

• Select command prompt (admin).

• Type the below command:
    sfc /scannow

Please get back to us with the necessary detail so that we can resolve your issue at the earliest.

SujataMoktan, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

FreeCad is not showing on the default App list!!

1. FreeCad is not showing on the default App list!! - Similar Threads - FreeCad showing default

2. .pdf will not show up in the list of files at "Apps">"Default Apps">"Choose defaults by...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .pdf will not show up in the list of files at "Apps">"Default Apps">"Choose defaults by...: Hi.When i open any .pdf file from file explorer, the default app to open and view such files is Notepad.I want to change so that the default app is Google Chrome. This should be easy to do, by going to "Apps">"Default Apps">"Choose defaults by file type", scroll down until i...
  3. .pdf will not show up in the list of files at "Apps">"Default Apps">"Choose defaults by...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .pdf will not show up in the list of files at "Apps">"Default Apps">"Choose defaults by...: Hi.When i open any .pdf file from file explorer, the default app to open and view such files is Notepad.I want to change so that the default app is Google Chrome. This should be easy to do, by going to "Apps">"Default Apps">"Choose defaults by file type", scroll down until i...
  4. Setting an app for default when the app doesn't show up in the list of available apps

Setting an app for default when the app doesn't show up in the list of available apps: How do I force default for Adobe Acrobat 10 Pro Windows app for .pdf extension https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-an-app-for-default-when-the-app-doesnt/c9149348-bb36-4fe6-ae2b-0b9bcc0b2a0c
  5. Setting an app for default when the app doesn't show up in the list of available apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting an app for default when the app doesn't show up in the list of available apps: How do I force default for Adobe Acrobat 10 Pro Windows app for .pdf extension https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-an-app-for-default-when-the-app-doesnt/c9149348-bb36-4fe6-ae2b-0b9bcc0b2a0c
  6. default app not listed for a file

default app not listed for a file: how do I change the default app for file if the app is not listed but has been installed on the PC. the files are for embroidery software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-app-not-listed-for-a-file/646fc608-d66f-4545-bf2d-ccbc2a16545b
  7. Default app list doesn't appear

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default app list doesn't appear: I need to change my default pdf-reading. When I tried to bring up the "select app by file type" page, all I get is the header and nothing else? How do I fix it?...
  8. App not showing in "installed apps "list

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    App not showing in "installed apps "list: I am trying to limit my sons time on Fortnite. The game shows up under "activity" but not under "App and game limits", so I am not able to block or limit the time on it....
  9. Adding programs to the list of Default Apps

Adding programs to the list of Default Apps: I run Windows 10 Home, latest patches. It the settings where I set Default Apps, and I set for example Default Vide player , there appears just a short list of apps. Kodi does not appear on this list, even though it is installed. How do I add applications to this list? I...
  10. Default apps in settings is not on the list

Default apps in settings is not on the list: I have a relatively new acer aspire, bing has sneaked into being my default browser but I can't change it because there is no Default apps in settings, it's not on the list. What can I do?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. freecad not working with windows 10

2. freecad start menu not appearing