Windows 10: Freeze/BSOD after sleep and with fast startup enabled

Discus and support Freeze/BSOD after sleep and with fast startup enabled in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey there! I have this strange problem since I have installed 2x8GB DDR3 memory on my Desktop computer. Sometimes when I start the computer with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by uglyfatandalive, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Freeze/BSOD after sleep and with fast startup enabled

Hey there!

I have this strange problem since I have installed 2x8GB DDR3 memory on my Desktop computer.

Sometimes when I start the computer with Fast Startup enabled I have BSOD with ... well you will see in the dmp files - DRIVER IRQ LESS OR EQUAL, NTSOKRNL or something.. it happens once and often.
    Also happens when I wake my PC from sleep (from time to time again....)

All drivers updated.
    No viruses/malware
    No unwanted software or strange software with unknown origin*Smile)

Windows Memory Diagnostics + MEMTEST + doing this twice - No errors. The RAM used to work for years in my work PC.
    I haven't reinstalled Windows 10 yet but it works flawlessly when I do not wake it up or use Fast startup.

I guess it's a f***** driver. If u can read the dmp file and guide me what to look for I will be alot thankful!

Thanks *Smile

MARTIN-PC-???_05_01_2018_?__181851,37.zip

:)

uglyfatandalive, Jan 4, 2018
  2. Aljaž_91 Win User

Computer freezes right after startup (issues started after new updates on 14/04)

Thanks for the suggestions!

Unfortunately it didn't work.

However, it worked with disabling the fast startup.

Any idea why or how to enable it without freezing on first boot?

Edit: I've tried and checked whether both Fast startup and Hibernate are on and even with both of them turned on the computer still freezes with Fast startup enabled.

Thanks,

Aljaz

Aljaž_91, Jan 4, 2018
  3. Can't wake PC from sleep

Windows 10 operating system: version 1709 (OS Build 16299.192)

I just used the standard Windows 10 troubleshooter.

Current settings for sleep are:

Screen. On battery power, turn off after 5 minutes

Screen. When plugged in, turn off after 10 minutes

Sleep. On battery power, PC goes to sleep after 15 minutes.

Sleep. When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after 30 minutes.

Power and sleep buttons and lid settings When I press the power button: on battery - sleep, plugged in - sleep

When I press the sleep button: on battery - sleep, plugged in - sleep

When I close the lid: on battery - sleep, plugged in - do nothing

Shutdown settings

Turn on fast startup - enabled

Sleep - enabled

Hibernate - not enabled

Lock - enabled

Power plan = balanced

TIA

Sarah_J_81, Jan 4, 2018
  4. Ztruker Win User

Freeze/BSOD after sleep and with fast startup enabled

Turn off fast startup then. It doesn't buy you much pf anything and if it's causing BSODs then get rid of it.

Ztruker, Jan 5, 2018
  5. zbook New Member
    Iorbit has been problematic in many computers.
    Can you uninstall it?

The website has strict rule about piracy.
    What is the situation with Corel and Acronis?

zbook, Jan 5, 2018
  6. Feel free to report the topic and if needed I will delete it. Just wanted a hand for the drivers issue if any..

I don't have Iorbit stuff anymore.. got rid of them by the conventional uninstall way

uglyfatandalive, Jan 5, 2018
  7. zbook New Member
    Please uninstall Acronis and Corel.
    Post a new zip when the above have been uninstalled:
    log collector v2-beta06.zip

zbook, Jan 5, 2018
  8. Freeze/BSOD after sleep and with fast startup enabled

Done that. Thanks in advance...

MARTIN-PC (7.1.2018 ?. 6 12).zip

uglyfatandalive, Jan 6, 2018
  9. zbook New Member
    The website has strict policies on piracy.
    The files still display problems with:
    iorbit
    Acronis
    Corel

Rule 4
    No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc) - it is forum policy that no help shall be given to people who knowingly steal software or services.

One of the main reasons for this is that the act of pirating the software will inevitably change the working of the software and make investigation and repair impossible. Please install a legitimate copy of the software and if you are still experiencing the issue we will be pleased to assist - No further assistance will be provided until we are satisfied that the software is genuine.

If you can clean out all traces of this and submit a new set of files then we can look again.

zbook, Jan 6, 2018
  10. Rule 4
    No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc) - it is forum policy that no help shall be given to people who knowingly steal software or services.

I understand, I have uninstalled the following software using Geek Uninstaller/Revo Uninstaller, also removed the hosts entries. If there is another problem that persist feel free to tell me so I can remove the piracy off my PC. Thanks

MARTIN-PC (7.1.2018 ?. 6 52).zip

uglyfatandalive, Jan 6, 2018
  11. zbook New Member
    The logs also indicate that there is a problem with Windows piracy.

zbook, Jan 6, 2018
  12. Well, that I cannot change for now..

Thanks for your time and all the best! Feel free to close the thread if I can't do it right away.

uglyfatandalive, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Freeze/BSOD after sleep and with fast startup enabled

1. Freeze/BSOD after sleep and with fast startup enabled - Similar Threads - Freeze BSOD sleep

2. Windows 11 is not detecting second screen after Restart or Sleep when Fast startup is enabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is not detecting second screen after Restart or Sleep when Fast startup is enabled.: Windows all the latest updates are installed. Laptop all the latest HW driver updates are also installed. The laptop lid is always closed. Wake on LAN is used to power it on. 2 external displays are always connected to a closed laptop. When the laptop goes to Sleep or Shut...
  3. Windows 11 is not detecting second screen after Restart or Sleep when Fast startup is enabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 is not detecting second screen after Restart or Sleep when Fast startup is enabled.: Windows all the latest updates are installed. Laptop all the latest HW driver updates are also installed. The laptop lid is always closed. Wake on LAN is used to power it on. 2 external displays are always connected to a closed laptop. When the laptop goes to Sleep or Shut...
  4. BSOD at shutdown with fast startup feature enabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD at shutdown with fast startup feature enabled: I have an Intel NUC which is having BSOD only at shutdown, with Windows 10. I have narrowed it down to the fast startup feature. If disable it shutdows properly, without BSOD. If it is enabled, it display BSOD just before shutdown. I have latest BIOS and latest drivers. Can...
  5. I have two differents BSOD with fast startup enabled on Acer laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have two differents BSOD with fast startup enabled on Acer laptop: Hi, i don't know if i'm in the right category, but here's the thing: a friend of mine brought me an Acer laptop from Poland and, like the tittle says, if i enable fast startup i'm getting two different BSOD. One is: Critical Process Died and the other one is Kernel data...
  6. Windows 10 Crashing after Latest Updates - Fast Startup Enabled??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Crashing after Latest Updates - Fast Startup Enabled??: After recent Window 10 updates i am unable to start Windows 10. I get to the blue window screen with the circle of dots spinning and then it stops. I tried rebooting in diagnotics with no luck. I have replaced hard drive and reinstalled clean Windows 10 from usb drive...
  7. Sleeping issues and fast startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleeping issues and fast startup: Hello. I have a problem that drives me nuts with my laptop. Here is the thing: About 3 weeks ago, Malwarebytes and a 4G dongle driver begins to not load at startup with the fast startup enable in power settings in windows 10. I made some rechearch in some foruns and i...
  8. Can't Enable Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Enable Fast Startup: Hi, guys. I can't see a way to enable fast startup in my H P laptop running W10 Home. I go to the power settings section (following instructions from the Internet). and there is no check box to enable fast startup. Any ideas? Thanks/ 122620
  9. Fast Startup in W10. Enable or disable?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Startup in W10. Enable or disable?: Hi all - Do you think that Fast Startup should be enabled in W10? Yes or no? Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials Please explain your reasoning. Thanks! *Smile 111734
  10. Enable NumLock on Fast-Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable NumLock on Fast-Startup: Hello all, The issue I am currently having is enabling NumLock before the logon, I have modified the corresponding registry key (Find attached my screenshot below) and that works perfectly fine when restarting my PC, however I have fast-startup (Screenshot also below)...