Windows 10: Freeze up issue on HP 15-F233WM

Discus and support Freeze up issue on HP 15-F233WM in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After first week of buying this notebook back in Febuary, I have had an issue where everything freezes up. I have to hold down the power button for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MrHudson, Oct 16, 2017.

1. MrHudson Win User

Freeze up issue on HP 15-F233WM

After first week of buying this notebook back in Febuary, I have had an issue where everything freezes up. I have to hold down the power button for about a minute to force a shut down. I have done everything HP Support said to do and once to twice a week it just freezes up completely.

:)

MrHudson, Oct 16, 2017

2. Code: 0x80073D12 when trying to install a game

It's a laptop HP 15-f233wm windows 10. Version 1709. OS build 16299.125

justinmedina, Oct 16, 2017
  3. Wycked0ne Win User
    USB Thumbdrive

My HP Laptop is running Windows 10 and will not recognize any USB Thumbdrive.

The laptop is an HP 15-f233wm. How do I get the laptop to recognize the thumbdirve?

Wycked0ne, Oct 16, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Something that is expected from a machine that light, that is a step up from a Netbook. If you are running the OEM version of Windows 10, you may want to use the Windows 10 ISO to get rid of everything that came preinstalled.

bro67, Oct 16, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    This is a DM log collector that is used in the bsod forum that will collect msinfo32, dxdiag, event log, etc.:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums
    Please post a zip into the thread so that we can troubleshoot them.

For the HP computer please enter the computer's serial or product number with the operating sytem and post a link into the thread so that we can view the drivers: HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

On many HP computers there are BIOS UEFI diagnostics. Please update to version 6.4:
    HP PC Hardware Diagnostics | HP® Official Site

In the evening power on the computer repetitively clicking the F2 or F10 key. Run the UEFI diagnostics in loop until failure mode. In the AM if the testing is still running that is a good sign. If there have been at least 2 loops then click the keyboard escape key to abort the testing. View the BIOS UEFI logs to confirm the test results. If there is a battery problem or any other problem the testing will automatically abort. The testing will then be incomplete. If there is a failure there will be a code and only HP can decipher or decode it. Please post the UEFI version and the test results into the thread.

zbook, Oct 17, 2017
  6. MrHudson Win User
    It now wont even let me enter diagnostic mode. I tried several times by tapping F2 repeatedly, even held it down. it just goes on booting up.

MrHudson, Oct 17, 2017
  7. zbook New Member
    Are you able to boot to desktop?
    What happens if you power on and repetitively click the the F10 key?

Were you able to download and install:
    HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

Were you able to run the DM log collector?
    Can you post a zip into the thread so we can troubleshoot the logs?

Is the bios up to date?
    HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

Have you updated to these 2017 drivers?:
    Audio driver
    Graphics driver
    Wireless driver
    Touchpad driver
    LAN driver
    Card reader driver
    HP image enhancement for system logon
    Cyberlink
    HP image
    HP Orbit
    HP Recovery manager
    HP Support assistant
    HP System event

zbook, Oct 17, 2017
  8. MrHudson Win User

F10 is Bios, F2 is diagnostics. I was able to get in diagnostic, run the test, all passed. and again, while on Facebook it freezes up, shut it down, ran tests again and all passed. Bios was updated, made no difference. Drivers are all up to date.

MrHudson, Oct 17, 2017
  9. zbook New Member
    zbook, Oct 17, 2017
  10. bro67 Win User
    To get to the bios screen, you have to hold down the Fn key and the appropriate Function key. Same with getting into Safe. Only if you change that, then you can just press the function key that is for what you want to do.

bro67, Oct 18, 2017
  11. MrHudson Win User
    Its not blue screening, its not crashing and coming up with the blue screen. it just locks up / freezes.

MrHudson, Oct 18, 2017
  12. MrHudson Win User
    FN with F10 key puts back in original state. just the F10 enters Bios.

MrHudson, Oct 18, 2017
  13. zbook New Member

The DM log collector is used to collect BSOD and many other logs: msinfo32, dxdiag, event log, etc.
    If you can use the DM log collector the logs will be useful in the troubleshooting.

zbook, Oct 18, 2017
  14. bro67 Win User
    It really is more helpful if you would state what programs that you are in when it freezes. If you have not wiped out the OEM install and installed a clean Windows 10 install, it can be a number of items why the machine is freezing, which is going to happen a lot more with a underpowered CPU and RAM.

bro67, Oct 18, 2017
  15. MrHudson Win User
    I mainly use browser, Edge or IE. its random, some days it doesn't freeze/lock up, other times it does.
    Tuesday and Wednesday, it freezes, Thursday and today, working fine. (knock on wood)..
    Seems from what I read on the internet, everybody with Win 10 and HP has this issue.

MrHudson, Oct 19, 2017
Thema:

1. Freeze up issue on HP 15-F233WM - Similar Threads - Freeze issue F233WM

2. HP 15-bs212wm to HP 15-BS085nia Motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    HP 15-bs212wm to HP 15-BS085nia Motherboard: I have a HP 15-bs212wm laptop that has spill damage and the motherboard got damaged. I purchased a HP 15-BS085nia Motherboard w/ Intel i7 Radeon Graphics. An Upgrade to intel i7 processor and Radeon Graphics. Problem I see after purchase when I went to HP to check specs out...
  3. HP Pavilion 15 will not boot up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Pavilion 15 will not boot up.: I have tried the recommended method of hard shut down repeated after the logo and spinning wheel appear and it reaches the 'preparing automatic repair' stage. That is where it stays. I have left it on that screen for up to 15 hours at one stage, and nothing happens, therefore...
  4. Wireless driver Issue On HP 15 Notebook PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless driver Issue On HP 15 Notebook PC: Here the problem is, When I Switch on my laptop signal range of wireless driver is low means not able to connect more than 5meters and when I restart my laptop wireless drivers are working goods and connecting more than 10- 20meters range I want to know what is the reason...
  5. HP Pavillion 15 Power/battery issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP Pavillion 15 Power/battery issue: I have an HP Pavillion 15 Just recently I have been having trouble with my power/battery. I can charge up my laptop using the power cord when it its powered off, but when I turn on my laptop and attach the cord it will not charge while using. Is there a setting that I may...
  6. HP Omen 15-dc1xxx Thunderbolt 3 issue

HP Omen 15-dc1xxx Thunderbolt 3 issue: Hi all, I was wondering if you could help me.. I have an issue with the Thunderbolt on my new HP Omen 15". When connecting a video capture card ( AJA IO XT ) Windows recognizes it but the popup menu saying that "this thunderbolt device is not certified for pc use " does...
  7. Freezing and start up issues.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Freezing and start up issues.: So, a couple weeks back my laptop start acting up. I have plans to send it in to Acer but at this point I think the warranty might be voided and not due to expiration. it started freezing and showing like colorful type lines across the screen at first, making me force shut...
  8. How do I install bluetooth on this HP Notebook 15 f233wm?

How do I install bluetooth on this HP Notebook 15 f233wm?: I bought this computer used from someone. It was hardly used at all. I discovered there is no Bluetooth. I need Bluetooth. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-do-i-install-bluetooth-on-this-hp-notebook-15/aa55f476-36cd-4ad9-b891-f330e9d605dc
  9. My HP 15-f233wm crapped out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My HP 15-f233wm crapped out: I went to restart my laptop, and it booted into this and none of them work. [img] [img] I can not even do a factory default restore to put back the way I bought it. What are my option beside finding HP and shoving it where the sun doesn't shine? 97738
  10. hp laptop booting up and freezing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    hp laptop booting up and freezing: my WIN 10 HP laptop boots.up slowly, then will take me to my desktop. desktop icons load but Simple Sticky Notes which I have on my desktop do not load. Then.everything freezes. I do have a mouse cursor which moves freely but I can not click on anything. Keyboard is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp-f233wm freezes

2. my hp 15 slodliggish And freezing up

3. 15-f233wm laptop touchpad issues