Windows 10: Freezes during booting, but only one per-day max - assistance request

Discus and support Freezes during booting, but only one per-day max - assistance request in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I recently accepted the free upgrade to Win10 (from Win7). For the most part the upgrade went smoothly and the system works as it should HOWEVER... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Omegaman007, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Freezes during booting, but only one per-day max - assistance request

Hi,
    I recently accepted the free upgrade to Win10 (from Win7). For the most part the upgrade went smoothly and the system works as it should HOWEVER usually on the first bootup of the day, the booting process will freeze on the blue Windows screen shortly after the new rotating circle (hourglass replacement) appears. Hitting the reset button on the PC when this happens always results in a successful boot. I've noticed that if I power up the PC multiple times during the day it boots successfully (admittedly I've only booted the PC a total of 3 times max).

I'd like to fix whatever is causing the problem as it's becoming annoying. So far the only thing that I've tried is the "Troubleshoot booting issues" or something like that, from the boot media. This, not surprisingly, did not find any issues.

What's the best way to troubleshoot this?

Thank you for your help!

:)

Omegaman007, Mar 9, 2016
  2. Abi99 (2) Win User

Nokia 301 - Can we reinstall same firmware our own? or can Nokia Recovery do this?

Let us

Abi99 (2), Mar 9, 2016
  3. select a different facebook/skydrive album at time of upload?

Nah I don't think its possible thaugh. There is one only Live ID per device if I understood well what they say around in this forum. But this could be a nice feature, you could post something about it in the "request" thread. I take pictures of almost
    everything I do during the day or at night, and my skydrive will one day be full of these pictures... So I will have to swap to another skydrive some day. Good feature request have to say, I never thaught that someone could fill this 25Go.

Jaimemontelephone, Mar 9, 2016
  4. Freezes during booting, but only one per-day max - assistance request

Sorry for the bump but no advice? I still am having the issue. *Sad

If more details are needed please let me know. Thank you!

Omegaman007, Mar 17, 2016
Thema:

Freezes during booting, but only one per-day max - assistance request

1. Freezes during booting, but only one per-day max - assistance request - Similar Threads - Freezes during booting

2. PC Freezes only during gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Freezes only during gaming: Hi everybody,I am dealing with this issue since a month by now. My whole PC get completely frozen when I am playing something not always, I think in 5 hours of session I get 1 crash more or less. I need to restart it manually with the power botton. The funny thing is that...
  3. Computer freezes during boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer freezes during boot: My computer freezes during boot from any boot device. I have created new media on USB and changed the boot settings to legacy. I opened laptop and tried to make sure all connections are property seated. All hardware diagnostics show clean. Any ideas?...
  4. Computer freezes during boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes during boot: My computer freezes during boot from any boot device. I have created new media on USB and changed the boot settings to legacy. I opened laptop and tried to make sure all connections are property seated. All hardware diagnostics show clean. Any ideas?...
  5. Computer freezes during boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. BSOD per day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD per day: 070321-8953-01.dmp - Google Drive i try to use v2 log collector,however,there is a error message in cmd : Get-MpPreference : The term 'Get-MpPreference' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or...
  7. PC freezing multiple times per day

PC freezing multiple times per day: I've been having issues over the past month or so where my PC will freeze/lock up randomly. The issue has been worse as of recently, just yesterday it froze around 6 or 7 times, a couple times it even froze as my PC was starting up. I've tried many things such as fixing...
  8. Windows Freezing Multiple Times Per Day

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Freezing Multiple Times Per Day: Since a Windows update in October 2019, my computer freezes multiple times per day. And by freeze, I mean screen goes static and nothing responds. The only solution is to hold down the power button. I've followed the steps in Performance and Install Integrity Checklist to...
  9. Freezing during boot sequence

Freezing during boot sequence: Hi! I have been getting crashes and unable to boot normally because during boot it shows artifacts and/or freezes. Sometimes I would get into the log-in screen but it artifacts and then crashes again. The analyzed the most recent dump file and it showed me four files that...
  10. Request for Assistance

in Windows 10 Support
    Request for Assistance: I did a stupid thing. I got carried away, saving a bunch of files to the desktop and without noting this, my desktop filled to capacity and beyond!! I there any way to cause a 2d desktop to be created and those file icons that are currently off screen, to be populated to...