Windows 10: Freezes during booting, but only one per-day max - assistance request

Discus and support Freezes during booting, but only one per-day max - assistance request in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I recently accepted the free upgrade to Win10 (from Win7). For the most part the upgrade went smoothly and the system works as it should HOWEVER... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Omegaman007, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Freezes during booting, but only one per-day max - assistance request

Hi,
    I recently accepted the free upgrade to Win10 (from Win7). For the most part the upgrade went smoothly and the system works as it should HOWEVER usually on the first bootup of the day, the booting process will freeze on the blue Windows screen shortly after the new rotating circle (hourglass replacement) appears. Hitting the reset button on the PC when this happens always results in a successful boot. I've noticed that if I power up the PC multiple times during the day it boots successfully (admittedly I've only booted the PC a total of 3 times max).

I'd like to fix whatever is causing the problem as it's becoming annoying. So far the only thing that I've tried is the "Troubleshoot booting issues" or something like that, from the boot media. This, not surprisingly, did not find any issues.

What's the best way to troubleshoot this?

Thank you for your help!

:)

Omegaman007, Mar 9, 2016
  2. Abi99 (2) Win User

Nokia 301 - Can we reinstall same firmware our own? or can Nokia Recovery do this?

Let us

Abi99 (2), Mar 9, 2016
  3. select a different facebook/skydrive album at time of upload?

Nah I don't think its possible thaugh. There is one only Live ID per device if I understood well what they say around in this forum. But this could be a nice feature, you could post something about it in the "request" thread. I take pictures of almost
    everything I do during the day or at night, and my skydrive will one day be full of these pictures... So I will have to swap to another skydrive some day. Good feature request have to say, I never thaught that someone could fill this 25Go.

Jaimemontelephone, Mar 9, 2016
  4. Freezes during booting, but only one per-day max - assistance request

Sorry for the bump but no advice? I still am having the issue. *Sad

If more details are needed please let me know. Thank you!

Omegaman007, Mar 17, 2016
Thema:

Freezes during booting, but only one per-day max - assistance request

1. Freezes during booting, but only one per-day max - assistance request - Similar Threads - Freezes during booting

2. Freezing during boot sequence

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freezing during boot sequence: Hi! I have been getting crashes and unable to boot normally because during boot it shows artifacts and/or freezes. Sometimes I would get into the log-in screen but it artifacts and then crashes again. The analyzed the most recent dump file and it showed me four files that...
  3. Blue Screen 1 to 3x per day

Blue Screen 1 to 3x per day: I have a HP Zbook 15 G3 with a 1 TB Samsung SSD 960 EVO. It bluescreens 1 to 3 x per day. Automatic restart each time. The bluescreen error is "System_Thread_exception_not_handled" as displayed on the bluescreen. I disabled the accelerometer related services...
  4. Intermittent Freeze at Blue Logo during Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent Freeze at Blue Logo during Boot: Within the last few weeks, my PC started having an issue where it intermittently hangs at the blue windows logo during boot. About 50% of the time, it boots normally without hanging. The other 50% is a mixed bag. Sometimes it will boot fine after 1 or 2 hard resets. Other...
  5. BSOD occuring only once per day with external monitors

BSOD occuring only once per day with external monitors: Hello, I'm stumbling upon a strange behaviour of Windows 10 on my work laptop. I recently got two monitors: one is plugged with HDMI, the other with VGA. I don't have any docking station, hence the interesting way to hook these monitors. Every day when I switch my laptop...
  6. Strange BSOD occuring only once per day with external monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange BSOD occuring only once per day with external monitors: Hello, I'm stumbling upon a strange behaviour of Windows 10 on my work laptop. I recently got two monitors: one is plugged with HDMI, the other with VGA. I don't have any docking station, hence the interesting way to hook these monitors. Every day when I switch my laptop...
  7. Calendar app only displaying 3 items per day in month view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar app only displaying 3 items per day in month view: On the windows 10 calendar app month view, only the first three entries show and it doesn't say "x more" as does the calendar in outlook .com. In other words, you cannot expand in month view to show all events in a day without switching to day or week view. It doesn't even...
  8. W10 on my desktop only lets me safely eject one drive per boot...???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10 on my desktop only lets me safely eject one drive per boot...???: Lately i've noticed that the 'safely remove drive' function has simply stopped working for me after i use it once to eject a usb, then it becomes somehow inert and won't function to allow me to eject any other drives. My current work around which doesn't always work (in the...
  9. Errors found in ntbtlog.txt. Assistance requested.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Errors found in ntbtlog.txt. Assistance requested.: Hi all, Got quite a few BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED lines appearing in my ntbtlog.txt file. What causes these errors, are they indicative of malware? How can I repair the drivers or software that is causing them so I get a 'clean' bootlog? If you want more specific...
  10. Request for Assistance

in Windows 10 Support
    Request for Assistance: I did a stupid thing. I got carried away, saving a bunch of files to the desktop and without noting this, my desktop filled to capacity and beyond!! I there any way to cause a 2d desktop to be created and those file icons that are currently off screen, to be populated to...