Windows 10: Freezes in login screen of Safe Mode. Works ok in normal mode

Discus and support Freezes in login screen of Safe Mode. Works ok in normal mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have this problem and do not know how to solve it. For some time and up to now I can’t enter in Safe Mode. I can login normally in normal mode,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Darkbluesky, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Freezes in login screen of Safe Mode. Works ok in normal mode

Hi

I have this problem and do not know how to solve it. For some time and up to now I can’t enter in Safe Mode. I can login normally in normal mode, but when I restart and boot in Safe Mode (safe mode, safe mode with networking, or safe mode with command prompt, it is the same), few seconds after appearing in the login screen, Windows freezes. I can type the password + Enter fast and then I see the desktop, but it just then freezes, or I can type slowly and it will freeze during typing, or do nothing and wait in login/lock screen and it will freeze after few seconds...

I have made chkdsk c: /f /r at boot, all is ok!, I have done from admin command prompt sfc /scannow and all dism scan check and restore, everything is ok...I am desesperate as I need to make some tasks from safe mode (clean uninstallations, or simply to have it available in case of problem in normal mode!), and I can’t use it at all!

I have win10 pro with last updates.

Please could you point me to some solution or hint? Thanks a lot!

:)

Darkbluesky, Jan 27, 2018
  2. DJSummitt Win User
    DJSummitt, Jan 27, 2018
  3. Win10 Freezes in Normal mode not in Safe Mode

Please provide more information so that the cause of your problem may be diagnosed.

Please restart your computer and allow 20 minutes for the system to run before uploading information required to help me investigate your problem. When examining Event Viewer log files many, not all, problems show in the period immediately after
    the computer has been booted.

Please provide a copy of your System Information file. To access your System Information file select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+R, type msinfo32
    and click OK . Place the cursor on
    System Summary. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. Click Save.
    Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file.
    The system creates a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two
    for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here. If the report is in a language other than English, please state the language.

Please upload to your OneDrive and share with everyone a copy of your
    System log file from your Event Viewer and post a link here. Please remove any earlier copies of the logs from your OneDrive.

To access the System log select the keyboard shortcut Win+R, type
    eventvwr.msc and press the ENTER key. From the list in the left side of the window select Windows Logs and System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and
    Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do
    not provide filtered files. Do not place the cursor in the list of reports before selecting Action from the menu. Do
    not clear logs whilst you have a continuing problem.

For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:

gerrys template

Gerry C J Cornell, Jan 27, 2018
  4. Freezes in login screen of Safe Mode. Works ok in normal mode

News: I have found that removing 2 (1 set) of the 4 sticks (8Gb total) of DDR, safe mode boots correctly. Checked also, that if I plug them again, safe mode won’t work. Then I have swapped sets, even mixing them with no luck. What bothers me is that these 4 sticks pass prime95 blend test in Windows normal mode (not safe mode).

The timings are auto and voltage to OCZ Reapers specs 2.1v. Tested also with specs timings entered by hand in BIOS (just in case). Do you have some suggestion? I have not changed them, they were working in safe mode as well as normal without issues even in games even OCed, and from Windows10 day one...This last Fall Creators Update has broken this, I think.

What can I do?

Darkbluesky, Jan 27, 2018
Thema:

Freezes in login screen of Safe Mode. Works ok in normal mode

1. Freezes in login screen of Safe Mode. Works ok in normal mode - Similar Threads - Freezes login screen

2. Computer freezes in safe mode but NOT in normal mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes in safe mode but NOT in normal mode: I am having a very strange problem where my computer only freezes in safe mode but not during normal use. I was having some stuttering issues with a game so I decided to use DDU and reinstall my graphics driver. It's best to do this in safe mode, but every time my computer...
  3. Computer freezes in safe mode but NOT in normal mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes in safe mode but NOT in normal mode: I am having a very strange problem where my computer only freezes in safe mode but not during normal use. I was having some stuttering issues with a game so I decided to use DDU and reinstall my graphics driver. It's best to do this in safe mode, but every time my computer...
  4. working ok in safe mode, but normal mode screen goes on and off. Is it hardware issue or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    working ok in safe mode, but normal mode screen goes on and off. Is it hardware issue or...: Interested in photos and its presentations in different ways. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/working-ok-in-safe-mode-but-normal-mode-screen/fa141b23-2cbc-4ef5-a099-154a475f82f7
  5. working ok in safe mode, but normal mode screen goes on and off. Is it hardware issue or...

working ok in safe mode, but normal mode screen goes on and off. Is it hardware issue or...: Interested in photos and its presentations in different ways. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/working-ok-in-safe-mode-but-normal-mode-screen/fa141b23-2cbc-4ef5-a099-154a475f82f7
  6. Laptop freezes on login screen but works fine in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezes on login screen but works fine in safe mode.: Problem:I have an HP 15-eq laptop. It suddenly crashed while I was working and now when I try to boot, it reaches the login screen but if move the cursor, the screen freezes and turns black and the laptop stops responding.Steps taken so far:Startup repair from winRE. It said...
  7. Laptop freezes on login screen but works fine in safe mode.

Laptop freezes on login screen but works fine in safe mode.: Problem:I have an HP 15-eq laptop. It suddenly crashed while I was working and now when I try to boot, it reaches the login screen but if move the cursor, the screen freezes and turns black and the laptop stops responding.Steps taken so far:Startup repair from winRE. It said...
  8. Laptop freezes on login screen but works fine in safe mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows 10 freeze im normal mode and Installer. Works in safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 freeze im normal mode and Installer. Works in safe mode: Hello everyone so recently my pc started freezing after like 30 seconds after boot. I went in safe mode and it worked fine and then I put Windows installer on USB. Now when I try to install it either freezes or I get bluescreen saying it will restart. I wiped my drive in BIOS...
  10. PC freezes after login on normal mode but works fine in safe boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC freezes after login on normal mode but works fine in safe boot.: My PC freezes 1 minute after I login (cannot open or close anything, but cursor moves). However, it works fine when I boot into safe mode. I have tried disabling start-up services and other services and etc, but this only buys me like 4 mins after login, then it freezes yet...