Windows 10: Freezing/Not Responding Issues in Edge

Discus and support Freezing/Not Responding Issues in Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Has anyone been having issues with freezing or not responding issues in Microsoft Edge after the big update? Both of my computers are having the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Jesse Williams, May 24, 2018.

1. Freezing/Not Responding Issues in Edge

Has anyone been having issues with freezing or not responding issues in Microsoft Edge after the big update?

Both of my computers are having the issues. After Edge is opened, then closed, none of my programs work. They are slow and wont respond.

Hopefully, someone can chime in and help me see where the issue lies...

Thanks!

- Jesse

:)

Jesse Williams, May 24, 2018

2. Microsoft Edge freezing/not responding

Hello Gilbert,

Let's go ahead and resolve the problem.

Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can follow. These steps worked for community members that are encountering the same issue.

Step 1: Open Edge in InPrivate mode.

• Open Edge browser, then click on more options(...)
    • Click on New InPrivate window.
    Step 2: Let us now try to clear cached data and files and check if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge browser and click on the Hub icon (three horizontal lines at the top right hand corner) and then click
      History icon.
    • Now click Clear all history.
    • Select Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on
      Clear.

Hope this helps. Let us know of the result.

Thank you.

Noreen Mon, May 25, 2018
  3. Microsoft Edge Freezing/Stops Responding

Hi Zachery,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: Open Edge in InPrivate mode.

• Open the Edge, then click on more options(...)
    • Click on New InPrivate window.
    Step 2: Let us try to clear cached data and files and check if it helps..

Follow the below steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge Browser and click on the Hub icon (three horizontal lines at top bar) and then click History Icon.
    • Now click “Clear all history“.
    • Now select “Cookies and saved website data” and “Cached data and files” and click on
      Clear.
    Also, see: Microsoft Edge

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, May 25, 2018
Thema:

Freezing/Not Responding Issues in Edge

1. Freezing/Not Responding Issues in Edge - Similar Threads - Freezing Responding Issues

2. Microsoft Edge Not Responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge Not Responding: Hi, I'm experiencing frequent freezes and unresponsiveness with Microsoft Edge on my Windows 11 PC. It happens when I'm browsing multiple tabs or trying to load certain websites. I've tried clearing the cache and disabling extensions, but the problem persists. Can someone...
  3. Microsoft Edge Not Responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Not Responding: Hi, I'm experiencing frequent freezes and unresponsiveness with Microsoft Edge on my Windows 11 PC. It happens when I'm browsing multiple tabs or trying to load certain websites. I've tried clearing the cache and disabling extensions, but the problem persists. Can someone...
  4. Microsoft Edge Not Responding

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Outlook freezing and not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook freezing and not responding: Hello. I work for an MSP and we are having an issue on a number of Dell issues laptops. All running windows 11 with good specs. Outlook will randomly start freezing and be unusable. The only way our users can get back to work is by force closing the app or restarting their...
  6. Outlook freezing and not responding

Outlook freezing and not responding: Hello. I work for an MSP and we are having an issue on a number of Dell issues laptops. All running windows 11 with good specs. Outlook will randomly start freezing and be unusable. The only way our users can get back to work is by force closing the app or restarting their...
  7. PC not responding/freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not responding/freezes: PC apps stop responding/loading 1 by 1,eventually entire PC stops responding.Try to shutdown but the PC gets stuck on the 'Shutting down' screen.Tried updating windows,defragmenting,memory scan and a virus scan.none worked.disable fast start-up also...
  8. PC not responding/freezes

PC not responding/freezes: PC apps stop responding/loading 1 by 1,eventually entire PC stops responding.Try to shutdown but the PC gets stuck on the 'Shutting down' screen.Tried updating windows,defragmenting,memory scan and a virus scan.none worked.disable fast start-up also...
  9. Edge not responding

in Browsers and Email
    Edge not responding: OS version 21H1 19043.1081 When i open Microsoft Edge and click on a link i am getting the Microsoft Edge is not responding and have to close the program ( sometimes i have to use Task Manager to close it ). My version of Edge is Version 91.0.864.48 . Would i be able to...
  10. The page on Edge is not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The page on Edge is not responding: I often get the message that the page is not responding. It doesn’t depend on the specific page and can occur any time anywhere. I have to exit the page to get rid of this message...