Windows 10: Freezing upon waking computer and booting, No BSOD however.

Discus and support Freezing upon waking computer and booting, No BSOD however. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Just to preface this I have not received a BSOD when this happens so I hope I'm still posting this in the correct location. However my laptop just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ddswanson31, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Freezing upon waking computer and booting, No BSOD however.

Just to preface this I have not received a BSOD when this happens so I hope I'm still posting this in the correct location. However my laptop just freezes completely and I have to do a hard shutdown (holding the power button until it shuts off) whenever I wake my laptop up from sleeping or even when I cold boot it.

I have checked Event Viewer and I see that I have a couple of recurring errors, the first being:
    "DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service lfsvc with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server:
    {08D9DFDF-C6F7-404A-A20F-66EEC0A609CD}"

Wit the second being:
    "The Computer Browser service depends on the Server service which failed to start because of the following error:
    The dependency service or group failed to start."

However I am able to boot into safe mode just fine, even safe mode with networking and everything behaves normally. I can't for the life of me figure out what is going on *Sad

I have tried a clean install as this started happening after doing the upgrade from Windows 7 so I figured a clean install would clear up the issue if it was an issue with it upgrading.

:)

ddswanson31, Aug 26, 2015

2. WIndows 10 - Wake from Sleep Issues

I am also experiencing BSOD on wake. I tried a clean boot and it made no difference, still experiencing the BSOD on wake from sleep. The only solution that I found was to not allow sleep mode, however, this is not a fix. I have re-installed Windows 7 and will
    try again in a few more months as this is completely unacceptable.

noslenwerdna, Aug 26, 2015
  3. KevinEA Win User
    Computer reboots instead of wakes from sleep

This made no difference. Upon trying to wake the computer, it goes into BIOS. The Windows boot drive is absent in the BIOS boot order list, so I have to turn the computer off, then reboot. Upon booting, any windows that were open prior to sleep are now
    closed (i.e., it is a cold boot, not a wake from sleep).

KevinEA, Aug 26, 2015
  4. Freezing upon waking computer and booting, No BSOD however.

I had the freezing waking from sleep, my solution from advice from others here was simply not to use sleep, but rather use hibernate.
    I haven't checked to see if the sleep mode issues have been resolved or not since the latest updates.

fracking4oil, Aug 26, 2015
  5. See I thought this might be the case as well but it also does it when I do a cold boot as well, do yours do that also?

ddswanson31, Aug 27, 2015
  6. Nope, no issue with cold boot. Have you checked to see if fast boot is enabled in your bios? If you haven't changed it, it should be disabled by default.
    Fast boot has caused issues on some systems, although mine seems okay with it enabled.

fracking4oil, Aug 27, 2015
  7. Yeah I don't have fast boot enabled.

ddswanson31, Aug 28, 2015
  8. Freezing upon waking computer and booting, No BSOD however.

I have already had assistance in ruling out the possibility of malware thanks to bleepingcomputer.com and you can see the thread of everything we tried in the url below:

Possible infection causing freezes after waking from sleep and booting. - Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs

In the course of how things played out the gentleman who was assisting me found some error messages that he believes may be involved which I have pasted from the above thread below. Please note however that I have since disabled hyper-v as I don't need it and was trying it out for a little bit:

[ System Events ]
    Error - 8/29/2015 4:19:59 AM | Computer Name = HPLaptop | Source = Service Control Manager | ID = 7031
    Description = The Sync Host_Session1 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done
    this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds:
    Restart the service.

Error - 8/29/2015 11:08:19 PM | Computer Name = HPLaptop | Source = Service Control Manager | ID = 7031
    Description = The Sync Host_Session1 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done
    this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds:
    Restart the service.

Error - 8/29/2015 11:14:03 PM | Computer Name = HPLaptop | Source = Service Control Manager | ID = 7031
    Restart the service.

Error - 8/30/2015 4:04:12 AM | Computer Name = HPLaptop | Source = Service Control Manager | ID = 7031
    Restart the service.

Error - 8/30/2015 4:04:44 AM | Computer Name = HPLaptop | Source = Service Control Manager | ID = 7000
    Description = The VmSwitch Protocol Driver service failed to start due to the following
    error: %%31

Error - 8/30/2015 4:04:46 AM | Computer Name = HPLaptop | Source = Service Control Manager | ID = 7023
    Description = The HV Host Service service terminated with the following error: %%31

Error - 8/30/2015 4:05:29 AM | Computer Name = HPLaptop | Source = Service Control Manager | ID = 7043
    Description = The Hyper-V Virtual Machine Management service did not shut down properly
    after receiving a preshutdown control.

Error - 8/30/2015 4:21:53 AM | Computer Name = HPLaptop | Source = Microsoft-Windows-NDIS | ID = 10317
    Description = Miniport Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapter, {0D540C2C-1AD7-421F-B3FF-1510D73000FB},
    had event 76

Error - 8/30/2015 4:21:53 AM | Computer Name = HPLaptop | Source = Microsoft-Windows-Hyper-V-VmSwitch | ID = 76
    Description = The operation '8' failed on nic B234FD0C-7B85-4BDD-9CD7-3E72F58C336A
    (Friendly Name: Ethernet). Status = 3221225860.

Error - 8/30/2015 4:21:54 AM | Computer Name = HPLaptop | Source = Microsoft-Windows-NDIS | ID = 10317
    Description = Miniport Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Driver, {76E421FE-02CB-4B7A-B0D7-B9090A41BDB3},
    had event 76

Any further assistance or ideas would be greatly appreciated *Biggrin

ddswanson31, Sep 3, 2015
  9. Personally I would try an in-place upgrade to see if it'll repair the install. The updater will update giving you a more stable install than from the original released Win 10 and you can keep everything. Just be sure to uninstall any third party antivirus beforehand, if you choose to take this route.

Edited: Btw, are you running this Win 10 install on a VM? It appears most of your errors are with the VM services.

fracking4oil, Sep 3, 2015
  10. I did an in-place upgrade per the steps provided in the guide however it is still experiencing the same issue.

Also when I first installed Windows 10 it kept getting stuck at the "One moment while we set things up for you" screen and did so again with the in-place upgrade. I know that I waited long enough as it was still at the "This is taking longer than usual" screen after 5 hours so I can't think of anything else to try *Sad Seems like Windows 10 just doesn't like my laptop for some reason.

ddswanson31, Sep 21, 2015
  11. Has anyone else had this issue yet?

Unfortunately the issue is still occuring for me and I can't find anything else to try *cry

ddswanson31, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Freezing upon waking computer and booting, No BSOD however.

1. Freezing upon waking computer and booting, No BSOD however. - Similar Threads - Freezing upon waking

2. BSOD upon waking up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD upon waking up from Hibernate: My Lenovo Flex 5 gen 7 running on Windows 11 has been experiencing BSOD with stopcode: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE most if not every time I woke the laptop up from Hibernate. As I got the laptop new it did not face any problem with hibernate provided that it went from sleep...
  3. BSOD upon waking up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD upon waking up from Hibernate: My Lenovo Flex 5 gen 7 running on Windows 11 has been experiencing BSOD with stopcode: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE most if not every time I woke the laptop up from Hibernate. As I got the laptop new it did not face any problem with hibernate provided that it went from sleep...
  4. Windows 11 - no bsod however it freezes - help to diagnose

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - no bsod however it freezes - help to diagnose: Hi,so I paid and upgraded to windows 11 pro.ever since occasionally my computer freezes.sometimes when playing steam - sometimes when just browsing on firefox.i've ran driver verifier to try and diagnose the issue however isn't bringing up anything and I'm at my wits end.I've...
  5. Bsods and freezes when the computer wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsods and freezes when the computer wakes up from sleep: I've been having issues since december 2020 primarily when the computer wakes from sleep. Sometimes it does not fully wake up, meaning monitors are turned on maybe the lights from the keyboard and mouse but it does not return to desktop. If i power down the PC hold power 3...
  6. Freeze or Blue Screen Upon Wake from Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Freeze or Blue Screen Upon Wake from Sleep: After upgrading to NVMe m.2 SSD, I have been experiencing freeze or blue screen upon wake from sleep. Sometimes the machine loads the background with no login prompt or date/time information, and sometimes the machine goes to blue screen. I reset; normal startup. I have...
  7. No BSOD, however machine freezes intermittently.

No BSOD, however machine freezes intermittently.: Hi, I have an annoying niggle with my desktop, that I am hoping some of the genius's here can help me with. My machine intermittently freezes, maybe two or three times a week. There is no rhyme or reason/pattern to when this may happen. There is no response from the...
  8. Freezing upon waking computer and booting, No BSOD however.

Freezing upon waking computer and booting, No BSOD however.: Just to preface this I have not received a BSOD when this happens so I hope I'm still posting this in the correct location. However my laptop just freezes completely and I have to do a hard shutdown (holding the power button until it shuts off) whenever I wake my laptop up...
  9. BSOD on computer wake.

BSOD on computer wake.: I have been having this issue for a long while now(3 weeks -ish), and in attempts to fix it, I probably made it worse. I downloaded an "update all drivers" software and broke my computer very badly. In continuing attempts I simply reinstalled windows and the "worse" part is...
  10. BSOD upon waking from sleep

BSOD upon waking from sleep: Attachment 133661 A new laptop with Windows 10 freezing when waking from sleep. BSOD: irql not less or equal. Please help.. Thank you very much! 83616