Windows 10: Frequent and random BSODs incl: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and more

Discus and support Frequent and random BSODs incl: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and more in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I upgraded my Windows 7 desktop to Win 10 (Home) version earlier this month - with no major glitches. Suddenly, after a recent Windows update, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by craftxx15, Nov 29, 2015.

1. craftxx15 Win User

Frequent and random BSODs incl: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and more

Hi, I upgraded my Windows 7 desktop to Win 10 (Home) version earlier this month - with no major glitches. Suddenly, after a recent Windows update, I started getting random BSODs (sometimes shortly after logging in and some during the login process):

APC_INDEX_MISMATCH
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (this is the most frequent error)
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

I noticed that the WU had updated my display adapter (AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5670) to a current driver version - which I believe gave me BSOD probs in Win 7. Back then, I rolled back the driver to one from Nov 20, 2014, and my PC was stable for months. So, upon noticing the new display driver installed after the Win 10 WU, I tried to roll it back again - but BSODs continue.

I also noted that the last WU doesn't like my Canon ImageClass MF4350d printer and replaced my current Canon printer with a generic Windows laserprinter model - but, the printer seems to work so I haven't tried to change it back.

I know that I have probably not updated all my drivers to the current version (I tried but WU always says they are current even though several are from 2006 and I really don't know which ones are important).

My system is a Dell Studio XPS 9100, i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80 Ghz, 8 MB RAM DDR 3

Thanks for your help.

:)

craftxx15, Nov 29, 2015

2. Multiple BSOD suddenly.

BSOD are more frequent now, seems to be random, doesn't matter what im doing.

JoshuaDonaldson89, Nov 29, 2015
  3. jayjh Win User
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in Windows 10

My Windows 10 Preview (Build 10162) will occasionally BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Inspecting the dump files with BlueScreenView produces the same 'caused by' address each time: ntoskrnl.exe+14f9d0

I have updated all my drivers to the latest versions available, and the BSOD seems to happen at random (although more often immediately upon log in than at other times).

Here are four minidump files reflecting the most recent occurrences (they all look the same from BlueScreenView): Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Thanks in advance!

jayjh, Nov 29, 2015
  4. craftxx15 Win User

I downloaded and ran MemTest86+ for apprx 16 hrs and over 8 passes - with no errors.

Latest BSOD today was: Kernal_Security_Check_Failure

craftxx15, Dec 1, 2015
  5. axe0 New Member
    Hi craftxx15,

Below is the NTFS marked, this is a driver from the Windows File System.
    It usually indicates problems with the Windows File System, thus the hard drive, or things related to it.
    I suggest to test your hard drive, if the tests come clean run driver verifier to find the driver causing the problems.
    Also update

Frequent and random BSODs incl: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and more [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Run HDTune to
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • check the health,
    • benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    Let me know what the results are
    • of the error scan,
    • make a screenshot of the health of every hard drive and post the screenshots,
    • post screenshots with the benchmark of the
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.
    Code: 0: kd> k Child-SP RetAddr Call Site ffffd001`7696e178 fffff800`0eb67ea9 nt!KeBugCheckEx ffffd001`7696e180 fffff800`0eb666c8 nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69 ffffd001`7696e2c0 fffff800`0ea15ea7 nt!KiPageFault+0x248 ffffd001`7696e450 fffff800`0ea55964 nt!KiAbEntryGetLockedHeadEntry+0x207 ffffd001`7696e4e0 fffff800`0eb620b5 nt!KiAbProcessContextSwitch+0x124 ffffd001`7696e5a0 fffff800`0eb6093a nt!KxDispatchInterrupt+0xb5 ffffd001`7696e6e0 fffff800`c0b5cf00 nt!KiDpcInterrupt+0xca ffffd001`7696e870 fffff800`c0aac71b NTFS!NtfsDeleteFcb+0x420 ffffd001`7696e8f0 fffff800`c0b5c16b NTFS!NtfsTeardownFromLcb+0x1fb ffffd001`7696e990 fffff800`c0aad170 NTFS!NtfsTeardownStructures+0xdb ffffd001`7696ea10 fffff800`c0b5e191 NTFS!NtfsDecrementCloseCounts+0xd0 ffffd001`7696ea50 fffff800`c0b5b612 NTFS!NtfsCommonClose+0x401 ffffd001`7696eb20 fffff800`0ea87dd9 NTFS!NtfsFspCloseInternal+0x1a6 ffffd001`7696ecb0 fffff800`0eaf5758 nt!ExpWorkerThread+0xe9 ffffd001`7696ed40 fffff800`0eb625b6 nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x58 ffffd001`7696eda0 00000000`00000000 nt!KiStartSystemThread+0x16[/quote]

axe0, Dec 1, 2015
  6. craftxx15 Win User
    Hello, thanks for getting back to me. OK, here is what I have done:

Updated:

Ran SeaTools, chkdsk, and HD Tune (everything except the scan for errors which I will do tomorrow) and collected the dmp files for you... after I ran the Driver Verifier program.

Attachment 51785Attachment 51786Attachment 51787Attachment 51788

craftxx15, Dec 3, 2015
  7. craftxx15 Win User
    I ran Driver Verifier for several hours. Here is the latest dmp file collection and screen shots.

Attachment 51940Attachment 51941

craftxx15, Dec 3, 2015
  8. craftxx15 Win User

Did anyone get a chance to read my dmp files? Did Driver Verifier tag anything I can work on? I have been reading through many similar posts every day and try to look for solutions. I went to my PC manufacturers web site (Dell) and have checked that I have all the recommended driver updates (including verifying that my BIOS is up to date).

I ran sfc /scannow with no errors reported.
    Attachment 52683

Any help appreciated.

craftxx15, Dec 7, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    I'm very sorry for this huge delay.
    I was for the past 2 weeks very busy with school.

If you haven't considered, please consider a clean install. With the upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 several bugs might occur due to the upgrade, difficult to solve/determine, these can be fast and easily solved with a simple clean install.
    Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

Please check inside the case for dust + make sure everything is properly seated.

If you have already done a clean install, or do not (yet) want to do it, please perform the following test

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.
    Code: Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote]

axe0, Dec 8, 2015
  10. craftxx15 Win User
    No problem Axe0, I can't believe how busy you must be as a student as well as looking at everyone's BSOD problems. I appreciate everything that you are doing *Smile.

I am considering doing a clean install (but won't have time to do it until a week from now). It is a little daunting for me so I will have to read up on all the steps as well as make sure I can re-install any non-Windows programs.

I was hoping to try trace any bad drivers or other problems first. I am running Driver Verifier right now and will post the results tomorrow.

I did run MemTest86+ last week for over 8 passes and had zero errors. For note: Windows/System sometimes only detects 6GB of my 8GB installed ram. Right now it detects 8GB.

craftxx15, Dec 9, 2015
  11. craftxx15 Win User
    Here is my latest dmp log after running Driver Verifier for 12 hours or so.

Hopefully, something is flagged on one of the drivers.

craftxx15, Dec 9, 2015
  12. craftxx15 Win User
    Happy to report I have had no BSODs for almost a week.

I started to test my RAM (by removing them one at a time) - with no BSODs. I put them all back ( 4 x 2GB DDR 3) and ensured they were seated properly and have not had a BSOD since.

Thanks Axe0 for looking at my problem when you could and your suggestions.

craftxx15, Jan 18, 2016
  13. axe0 New Member

Odd, I swear I answered this thread.

Glad to hear *Smile

Thema:

1. Frequent and random BSODs incl: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and more - Similar Threads - Frequent random BSODs

2. Frequent Bluescreen / BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent Bluescreen / BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal: Dear all,I have a lenovo legion 5 and frequently it has BSOD and most of the description is irql_not_less_or_equal.It has happened since 1-2 years ago when i used windows 11. I thought by downgrading it to Windows 10 it is the original windows when i bought the laptop but it...
  3. Frequent Bluescreen / BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent Bluescreen / BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal: Dear all,I have a lenovo legion 5 and frequently it has BSOD and most of the description is irql_not_less_or_equal.It has happened since 1-2 years ago when i used windows 11. I thought by downgrading it to Windows 10 it is the original windows when i bought the laptop but it...
  4. Random BSOD, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Random BSOD, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi! I'm posting here because I am badly in need of help with my computer. I've been getting BSOD's but I am posting a history of what has happened below. Skip to the bottom for a list of specs, symptoms and a link to the crash dumps. I hope someone can help me, Thank you in...
  5. Random BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Random BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello everyone, My PC has been crashing for quite some time now. The Crashes are REALLY RANDOM. Some times its like 2 Months with no crash at all and then it comes a week where i get BSOD like every hour or more... One of the BSODs i get is the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I...
  6. Frequent BSOD crashing IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Frequent BSOD crashing IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: As of recent, my Pc would have a blue screen almost once everyday. It has started to get annoying and I have found out it has been caused by ntoskernl.exe I am running windows 10, 16 GB ram RTX 2070AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Here are the link to the dump...
  7. Random BSOD Pc, BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and more...

Random BSOD Pc, BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and more...: Hey Everybody*Wink im facing a problem for a while now, I installed ( clean install ) my windows 10 & updated all updates, now, im getting BSOD ( usually when i watch a movie ).... i restored my system but problem is still there... im posting my Log , hope you help...
  8. Random Bsods - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Random Bsods - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello, I'm having some problems with random Bsods after upgrade from windows 7 to 10 (not clean install). I did clean reinstall of most of the drivers 1 by 1 to try and track down what's causing the issue without any luck. First i thought problem was Xonar STX driver...
  9. BSOD random "irql_not_less_or_equal"

BSOD random "irql_not_less_or_equal": Hello there 10 forum. from about 3 days I have frequently BSOD crashes showing irql_not_less_or_equal error. I have no idea why is it happening. It happens when I am watching streams, playing games, etc. :__; Here is the file: Attachment 34829 Thanks for any help....
  10. BSOD random (more frequent with games), KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

BSOD random (more frequent with games), KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Hi, I just recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and after while it just started to BSOD more or less randomly, it appears to be triggered more often if I have any process open that does accesses the GPU (Browser, Games) I already ran memtest86 for about 8...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4541335 bsod