Windows 10: Frequent BSOD - Critical Process Died and Unexpected Store Exception

Discus and support Frequent BSOD - Critical Process Died and Unexpected Store Exception in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been getting frequent (every few hours) BSOD's with Critical Process Died and Unexpected Store Exception. The crashes do not align with any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Shirks1, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Shirks1 Win User

Frequent BSOD - Critical Process Died and Unexpected Store Exception

I have been getting frequent (every few hours) BSOD's with Critical Process Died and Unexpected Store Exception. The crashes do not align with any specific task which makes the computer crash. It's crashed during gaming, but then also when just on standby. Please help me find the issue; it's been very annoying.

Sean

:)

Shirks1, Feb 18, 2017
  2. CircleTwo Win User

BSOD : UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION - CRITICAL PROCESS DIED - MEMORY MANAGEMENT

On my 3rd BSOD - happens about every week or two

Windows 10 - Surface Pro 2017 (had for about 2 months)

1. UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION

2. CRITICAL PROCESS DIED

3. MEMORY MANAGEMENT

I am trying all the recommended fixes. Should I try to replace the entire Surface Pro?

CircleTwo, Feb 18, 2017
  3. PC getting Unexpected Store Exception and Critical Process Died BSOD.

Hi,

My PC is getting Critical Process Died and Unexpected Store Exception BSOD. Please help me fix it. After the PC restarts from BSOD, it goes into BIOS and my SSD doesn't show there. I have to shut down the PC and then it starts normally and eventually again
    gets the BSOD.

Guide me how to find the logs and I will promptly share them.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank You.

arman chandok, Feb 18, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

The first thing I noticed is your BIOS is pretty old.
    Code: BIOS Starting Address Segment e000 BIOS Release Date 09/01/2011[/quote] How to fill out System Specs for tenforums.

See here: System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

Of major interest is the Manufacture and full model number of the computer if purchased or the system board if custom built. Fill it out as best you can with as much info as possible.

All the dumps are the same, wtih not a lopt of information that is useful.

Code: BugCheck EF, {ffffcc061d0e8080, 0, 0, 0} Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] This could be caused by defective RAM or a driver problem. Need to test your RAM as follows:

===================================================
    Follow this tutorial: MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

MemTest86+ is a diagnostic tool designed to test Random Access Memory (RAM) for faults. MemTest86+ will verify that:

• RAM will accept and keep random patterns of data sent to it
    • There are no errors when different parts of memory try to interact
    • There are no conflicts between memory addresses

Memtest86+ runs from bootable media to isolate the RAM from the system, no other components are taken into account during the test.

Frequent BSOD - Critical Process Died and Unexpected Store Exception [​IMG]
    Warning MemTest86+ needs to run for at least 8 passes to be anywhere near conclusive, anything less will not give a complete analysis of the RAM.

If you are asked to run MemTest86+ by a Ten Forums member make sure you run the full 8 passes for conclusive results. If you run less than 8 passes you will be asked to run it again.

Note MemTest86+ has been known to discover errors in RAM in later passes than the eighth pass. This is for information only; if you feel there is a definite problem with the RAM and 8 passes have shown no errors feel free to continue for longer.

Running 8 passes of MemTest86+ is a long and drawn out exercise and the more RAM you have the longer it will take. It's recommended to run MemTest86+ just before you go to bed and leave it overnight.

Take a picture when done and post in the forum please.

Ztruker, Feb 18, 2017
  5. Shirks1 Win User
    Hey Rich,

Updated BIOS to F7 and was still getting the same BSOD every other hour or so. Ran the MemTest while I was sleeping, but I was only able to get 4 passes before I had to get to work. Attached are the results.

Shirks1, Feb 20, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Your memory is probably okay but you really need to run at least 8 passes as there have been quite a few cases of errors found during the later passes.

If that doesn't find anything give Driver Verifier a try as follows:
    ===================================================
    Driver Verifier
    is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's verification process involves putting heavy stress on drivers with the intention of making bad, outdated, incompatible or misbehaving drivers fail. The required result is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which will generate a crash dump for debugging purposes.
    Machines exposed to Driver Verifier will run very sluggishly due to the stress being applied to the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10

Pay close attention to

PART TWO

and make sure the correct boxes are checked.

Warning:
    It is not advised to run Driver Verifier for more than 48 hours at a time. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.

Always create a Restore Point prior to enabling Driver Verifier.

What we're looking for is a verifier generated BSOD with a mini dump that will tell us what driver caused it.

Ztruker, Feb 20, 2017
  7. Shirks1 Win User
    Rich,

I've run driver violater and recieved blue screens from the software. How do I see which specific driver is causing the problem?

Sean

Shirks1, Feb 21, 2017
  8. Ztruker Win User

You run dm_log_collector again and upload the resulting zip file and hope that it now contains a new Driver Verifier induced dump that will point out the defective driver.

You can also look at the latest dump via windbg yourself if you'd rather.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Frequent BSOD - Critical Process Died and Unexpected Store Exception - Similar Threads - Frequent BSOD Critical

2. BSOD 'UNEXPECTE STORE EXCEPTION' and 'CRITICAL PROCESS DIED'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD 'UNEXPECTE STORE EXCEPTION' and 'CRITICAL PROCESS DIED': Hey. Im facing both these bsod every few hour, mostly its UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION.My laptop is lenovo Y520. Recently i changed hdd disk to sdd and 1x 8gb ram to 1x 16gb ram.Constantly getting these issues while playing games. I did all the scans already like sfc/scannow,...
  3. BSOD 'UNEXPECTE STORE EXCEPTION' and 'CRITICAL PROCESS DIED'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD 'UNEXPECTE STORE EXCEPTION' and 'CRITICAL PROCESS DIED': Hey. Im facing both these bsod every few hour, mostly its UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION.My laptop is lenovo Y520. Recently i changed hdd disk to sdd and 1x 8gb ram to 1x 16gb ram.Constantly getting these issues while playing games. I did all the scans already like sfc/scannow,...
  4. BSOD 'UNEXPECTE STORE EXCEPTION' and 'CRITICAL PROCESS DIED'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Frequent BSODs - Critical Process Died and Unexpected Store Exception

Frequent BSODs - Critical Process Died and Unexpected Store Exception: I frequently get these BSODs. Might be the recent Win Update or driver updates. All usual scanning methods DISM and sfc/scannow have returned no errors. The system crashes to blue screen, stays there for a couple seconds and successfully reboots on its own and works fine...
  6. Unexpected Store Exception and Critical Process Died

Unexpected Store Exception and Critical Process Died: I've been experiencing either of the two BSOD's which are Unexpected Store Exception and Critical Process Died back to back, they do not occur unless the laptop is under considerable load (i.e gaming or multiple chrome tabs along with IDE(s). I encountered this problem for...
  7. Unexpected Store Exception and Critical Process Died

Unexpected Store Exception and Critical Process Died: I've been experiencing either of the two BSOD's which are Unexpected Store Exception and Critical Process Died back to back, they do not occur unless the laptop is under considerable load i.e gaming or multiple chrome tabs along with IDEs. I encountered this problem for the...
  8. Critical process died and unexpected store exceptions

Critical process died and unexpected store exceptions: Hello, I've been having issues with getting both critical process died and unexpected store exceptions that cause a BSOD. Occasionally the unexpected store exception will cause a "Boot device not found" upon restart, which is fixed upon another restart. The critical process...
  9. BSOD unexpected store exception - critical process died

in Windows 10 Customization
    BSOD unexpected store exception - critical process died: Hello, I have 2 types of blue screen of death BSOD problems. First there was only this "unexpected store exception" error, after I tried some things on the system and even did the repair by installing windows again this other error also appeared, "critical process died"....
  10. Critical Process Died & Unexpected Store Exception

Critical Process Died & Unexpected Store Exception: Hello, I've been getting a bunch of these BSODs for a very long time. It's been fairly frustrating to try and figure out what's been happening since the PC hangs long before it manages to dump any sort of meaningful logs as to why the BSODs occur. I've only had one exception...