Windows 10: Frequent BSOD issue Asus K53sm NVIDIA 630m Windows 10

Discus and support Frequent BSOD issue Asus K53sm NVIDIA 630m Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Experts, Here i have problem with my Asus K53S-Frequent BSODs. (OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393 System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by anshad113, Jun 4, 2017.

1. anshad113 Win User

Frequent BSOD issue Asus K53sm NVIDIA 630m Windows 10

Hi Experts,
    Here i have problem with my Asus K53S-Frequent BSODs.
    (OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393 System Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer Inc. System Model K53SM System Type x64-based PC Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. K53SM.211, 3/6/2012 SMBIOS Version 2.7 Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB GPU NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M 2GB)

it is actually started at the time it running with Window 7, then i upgraded to Windows 8 and the now it is in Windows 10 But the problem is still here.

I checked many versions of Nidia graphics driver no luck some time using old driver issue is VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE on nvddlmkm.sys or when using updated version its DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

How to fix this i already done clean install of Nvidia 340.52,347.09,365.10,381.89,382.33 etc of clean installs with Geforce experience also without it also using DDU etc etcDone updates for windows 10 also for IDE ATA/ATAPI controller update etcand many things on net where already done but its still happening just Running my drafting softwares like AutoCAD etc just during the opening of software but without a driver for Nvidia the Intel Graphics doing the work for me well, by this i think its sure that the problem is to the NVIDIA graphics. Also there is no issues seen during normal using of system and browsing internet etc. AutoCAD is the most using software by me and other civil software, running AutoCAD cause BSOD also while open any apps of NVIDIA like control panel and NVIDIA Experience were also causing this.

Is replacing GPU fix this? if yes is it able to replace for this model?here i am sharing you latest minidump.dmp, MEMORY.DMP, systeminfo.info also in exported text for your full consideration, if any thing need more please let me know
    Attachment 138093
    BSOD_DUMP-DATA (OneDrive link to all files)

Please consider this as a serious and important issue please provide me a FIX

Thanks in Advance
    Anshad

:)

anshad113, Jun 4, 2017
  2. suat.cini Win User

In the past I had video TDR failures rarely and none of them gave me a BSOD. TDR failures recover on their own usually with a message in the system tray. But if frequency of occurrence is high, you may receive a BSOD, I guess.

I suggest you read the following article and do what is recommended in the article for a possible solution.

< TDR failures >

Especially RAM check is important.

I also assume you haven't done any overclocking on your system.

Hope this helps.

EDiT: The final driver version for your card is 382.33 < Nvidia gfx driver > Did you try it ?

There are BIOS updates for your notebook. < Asus K53SM > Have you updated ?

suat.cini, Jun 4, 2017
  3. Anshad113 Win User

Hi suat.cini thanks for replay,

Now i am using NVIDIA latest driver

but BIOS ? how can i update BIOS, CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE GUIDE. also at the asus site there is no availabe downloads why? Link please also check this

Thanks in advance

Anshad

Anshad113, Jun 4, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Anshad,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Unfortunately I do not have a fix.
    You have tried multiple versions for your GPU, this usually indicates a GPU issue.
    However, since ASUS does not provide support for your laptop it may be compatibility issues.

As a final test you could install Windows 8.1 and see if the issue occurs with ASUS drivers, if it does then your GPU is faulty.

Unfortunately, laptop GPUs are very difficult to replace. It is recommended to not attempt replacement, because the chance that any part becomes damaged in the process is high.

axe0, Jun 4, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    There were 18 bsod related to NVIDIA
    There was one bsod Code: Probably caused by : dxgmms2.sys ( dxgmms2!VidSchiSendToExecutionQueue+fec2 )[/quote] Code: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\WPDBUSENUM\{c4c7dc55-0420-11e7-b422-94dbc90d3565}#0000000000004000[/quote] Code: Display driver failed to start; using Microsoft Basic Display Driver instead. Check Windows Update for a newer display driver.[/quote] Code: Crash dump initialization failed![/quote] Code: The nsi service depends on the nsiproxy service which failed to start because of the following error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.[/quote] Code: File System Filter 'wcifs' (Version 10.0, ?2016?-?09?-?15T22:12:03.000000000Z) failed to attach to volume '\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy1'. The filter returned a non-standard final status of 0xC000000D. This filter and/or its supporting applications should handle this condition. If this condition persists, contact the vendor.[/quote] Code: The driver \Driver\nvlddmkm failed to load for the device PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DE9&SUBSYS_212E1043&REV_A1\4&cad05e7&0&0008.[/quote] Code: File System Filter 'wcifs' (Version 10.0, ?2016?-?09?-?15T22:12:03.000000000Z) failed to attach to volume '\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy1'. The filter returned a non-standard final status of 0xC000000D. This filter and/or its supporting applications should handle this condition. If this condition persists, contact the vendor.[/quote] Code: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\DR12 during a paging operation.[/quote] Code: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\DR12 during a paging operati on.[/quote] There were bsod related to two graphics drivers:
    NVIDIA
    Windows (dxgmms2.sysDirectX Graphics MMS OS: Win10TPWindows Update

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste these commands:

1) winver (in the pop up view the windows version and build and post into the forum)
    The logs indicate:Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393
    Are you able to update windows?

2) sfc /scannow

3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

4) chkdsk /scan

Download and install Sea tools for windows and run SMART, short and long generic tests on your HD.

There were many many Code: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\DR12 during a paging operation.[/quote] There were also multiple: Code: File System Filter 'wcifs' (Version 10.0, ?2016?-?09?-?15T22:12:03.000000000Z) failed to attach to volume '\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy1'. The filter returned a non-standard final status of 0xC000000D. This filter and/or its supporting applications should handle this condition. If this condition persists, contact the vendor.[/quote] 5) chkdsk /x /f /r (this may take many hours, plan to run this overnight)

6) Contact NVIDA and see if they can add any additional support

7) place your computer in clean boot and see if that has any impact on the frequency of bsods.

How to perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...oot-in-windows

zbook, Jun 4, 2017
  6. anshad113 Win User
    Hello axe0...Thnak you for your replay
    Actually this issue sometimes seen when running with Windows 7, Then Windows 8, Now Windows 10 seen frequently...It may be due to faulty GPU na? but the error names and code BSOD are some time diffrent, why this? by this i am think it may be the driver issue??ok .. Do you get any idea from the dump files?

Instead of replacing the GPU.. is it better to left it not using is good ?. For this how can i ignore auto driver installation for this?
    already i turned off its update during system update..is it solve the issue?

I think it is the only idea to fix and use the Laptop? Uninstalling the driver is the only idea to left the GPU not using?

Thanks in advance
    Anshad

anshad113, Jun 4, 2017
  7. axe0 New Member
    There are multiple BSOD error codes related to the GPU.

I note mainly 0x133, 0x119, 0x116.
    0x119 and 0x116 are GPU related crashes.
    0x116 means that the GPU drivers did not respond and Windows was unable to recover them in a timely matter.
    0x119 I don't 100% understand, as the title says it is about an error detected in the video scheduler. I'm not really familiair with this one, have seen it only a few times.

0x133 means that a driver is running in a routine for an extended period, far more than should be. This routine is about finishing up a task for which has been requested to delay execution of. Just like when you ask your boss for more time to finish up a task and still not getting it done after the extra time.
    So far I've seen this is mostly related to display drivers.

You can disable the display adapter in device manager.

axe0, Jun 4, 2017
  8. anshad113 Win User

Hello zbook,
    Thanks for your replay, i most probably sure that the issue related to GPU. actually what should i do now?.
    VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE on nvddlmkm.sys or when using updated version its DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION as i said already.
    Please let me know for any further details

Thanks
    Anshad

anshad113, Jun 4, 2017
  9. anshad113 Win User
    Hi axe0,

So it is still due to the driver? chance for a faulty GPU is less?

So there is any suggestion with you to check anymore?

anshad113, Jun 4, 2017
  10. axe0 New Member
    I would guess that your GPU is faulty, the crashes that are most frequent seem related to the GPU.

I do have a suggestion, although this suggestion is more often seen with 0x9F crashes where drivers are in an inconsistent state for the OS.
    Try to change the powerplan, standard there are following plans
    • Powersaver,
    • Balanced, standard selected,
    • High performance
    If you didn't change your power plan, you have balanced selected.
    Select High performance and see if it makes a difference.

11. anshad113 Win User
    Hi axe0 Thanks for replay, I will check this and replay to you soon

anshad113, Jun 4, 2017
  12. zbook New Member
    The recurring faulting application is the NVIDIA shim driver: nvumdshimx.dll
    Can you uninstall all NVIDIA drivers again as a clean install.
    Then only install one driver with no other features.

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Frequent BSOD issue Asus K53sm NVIDIA 630m Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Frequent BSOD issue

2. Frequent BSOD issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD issues: Hi all - I've been experiencing ever more frequent BSODs recently, and am trying to figure out why. Things I've checked/tried so far: 1. Windows Updates 2. Driver updates 3. sfc /scannow 4. Memtest5. Individually pulling sticks of RAM and swapping them out. There's a series...
  3. Frequent BSOD issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSOD issues: Hi all - I've been experiencing ever more frequent BSODs recently, and am trying to figure out why. Things I've checked/tried so far: 1. Windows Updates 2. Driver updates 3. sfc /scannow 4. Memtest5. Individually pulling sticks of RAM and swapping them out. There's a series...
  4. Frequent BSOD issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Frequent bsod on asus tuf dash f15

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent bsod on asus tuf dash f15: I recently bought tuf dash f15 and have been getting bsod again and again. I downgraded from windows 11 to 10, updated all the drivers to the latest ones but it didnt change anything. I have a suspicion that the Asus's armoury crate's smart switching between igpu and dgpu is...
  6. Frequent bsod on asus tuf dash f15

Frequent bsod on asus tuf dash f15: I recently bought tuf dash f15 and have been getting bsod again and again. I downgraded from windows 11 to 10, updated all the drivers to the latest ones but it didnt change anything. I have a suspicion that the Asus's armoury crate's smart switching between igpu and dgpu is...
  7. Frequent bsod on asus tuf dash f15

8. BSOD issues and frequent crashes

BSOD issues and frequent crashes: I've been having a bit of trouble recently with a few blue screen and pc crashes. The most frequent blue screen notification is driver irql_less_or_not_equal but there are security check violations also. These crashes happen more often during gaming but also occur during the...
  9. Frequent BSOD issues in windows 10

Frequent BSOD issues in windows 10: I constantly get BSOD's in windows 10, they happen around once a day and are quite annoying. They've been happening for around the past 8 months. I've ran a memtest to make sure that isn't the issue. I'm physically unable to upload the minidump file to OneDrive due to them...
  10. Frequent BSOD - Windows 10 - Asus Laptop Model Q325U

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Frequent BSOD - Windows 10 - Asus Laptop Model Q325U: Recently, my Asus laptop Model: Q325U has been consistently getting the BSOD of death for no apparent reason. Originally, it may have resulted when PC was overheated, but now it occurs frequently on startup, where everything will just freeze and then BSOD will appear. Since...