Windows 10: Frequent BSOD memory_management

Discus and support Frequent BSOD memory_management in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Update: I did a clean driver re-install for the AMD card but still had the same issue. I have moved back to the NVIDIA graphics card and am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by redlum, May 11, 2017.

1. redlum Win User

Frequent BSOD memory_management

Update:

I did a clean driver re-install for the AMD card but still had the same issue.

I have moved back to the NVIDIA graphics card and am currently running driver verifier with every non-MS driver being tested.

No more windows logo halts....promising!

Will see how it goes....

Thanks
    George

redlum, Aug 23, 2017
  2. zbook New Member

Drivers get corrupted like windows and software so they need to be reinstalled and updated. Sometimes they need to be rolled back. By default Windows automatically updates non-Microsoft drivers and sometimes new drivers produce bsod and must be rolled. This roll back has been fixing many laptop computers Realtek/Asus drivers lately.
    For the computer you can perform the following steps:
    1) uninstall and reinstall clean drivers
    2) switch video cards
    3) completely remove the video card
    Testing can be done with windows driver verifier and with Furmark with the aim to find a working driver/card and a stable computer environment.
    For each card please enter the driver version and date into the thread so that if needed you can look back in time and see what did and did not work.
    Whenever you have a crash post a new zip:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

zbook, Aug 23, 2017
  3. redlum Win User
    Another Memory management BSOD (unfortunately didn't have verifier enabled as I had disabled to get some graphic intensive work done). This was with latest nvidia driver. Version 22.21.13.8541 dated 21/8/2017.

Reverting to latest manufacturer (Zotac) approved version (385.41).

Edit: Just realised that these are both the same version. Will leave on this driver and try and catch another with verifier enabled.

Also, just remembered I ran furmark (with verifier enabled) for a couple of hours without issue.

redlum, Aug 30, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

zbook, Aug 30, 2017
  5. redlum Win User
    Here are the BSDODs from today,

I also had another IRQ BSOD (second of the day) about an hour ago that blue screend with verifier enabled. However the minidump never generated/updated because the progress of the BSOD was stuck on 0%. I left it on the BSOD for an hour but it didn't change.

Notes: the IRQ error seems to happen most commonly when I shutdown whilst still get connected to a vpn (not 100% consistent with that though).

The memory management errors are accompanied by a sound loop.

DESKTOP-L224S2J-Thu_31_Aug_183402_01.zip

redlum, Aug 30, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    There were 2 new bsod that were debugged and there was no definitive misbehaving identified yet.

Windows driver verifier is a tool which is useful in finding misbehaving drivers.
    It will repetitively make misbehaving drivers produce bsod.
    Each bsod can then be debugged to identify the misbehaving driver.
    Windows driver verifier will repetitively produce bsod until the misbehaving drivers are fixed or until the tool is turned off.

Download and install:
    Bluescreenview: Blue screen of death (STOP error) information in dump files.
    Whocrashed: Resplendence Software - WhoCrashed, automatic crash dump analyzer

Modify system control panel > advanced system settings > startup and recovery settings > un-check automatically restart
    This will allow you to view the bsod window. When windows driver verifier is used the typical bsod dump code is driver verifier detected violation. Sometimes the misbehaving driver is displayed in the form *,sys. If you see the misbehaving driver displayed please record it and post it into the thread.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...d-e95ee5d8669d

To turn off Windows driver verifier you will use the windows advanced troubleshooting menu.
    There are 3 methods to turn off windows driver verifier and they should be used in the order listed.
    If the first method works there is no reason to go to the 2nd method. The additional methods are listed in case one of the methods fails to turn off windows driver verifier.
    1) startup options (not startup repair) > type: verifier /reset
    2) command prompt > Administrator X:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe > type: verifier /bootmode resetonbootfail
    3) restore
    When a restore is done the mini dump often disappears and little progress is made in the troubleshooting.
    To practice using the windows advanced troubleshooting menu open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste: shutdown /r /o /f /t 00

After each bsod you will turn off windows driver verifier > return to the desktop > run each bluescreenview and whocrashed > identify any misbehaving driver > uninstall the driver

After uninstalling the driver you can either use windows driver verifier again to identify the next misbehaving driver and uninstall it or you can reinstall a driver after it has been uninstalled. The end result should be the same.

As the bsod appear please post a new zip so that we can guide you through the process:

BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

Before using windows driver verifier:
    1) backup all files
    2) create a backup image using Macrium:
    Macrium Software | Your Image is Everything
    3) place the backup image on another drive
    4) create a brand new restore point.

This link has the customized settngs for using windows driver verifer:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...3-c48669e4c983

This link has the methods to turn off windows driver verifier:

Enable and Disable Driver Verifier in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

When you feel comfortable using the windows advanced troubleshooting menu and have time to troubleshoot the bsod please turn on windows driver.

When there are no longer any bsod you will run windows driver verfier for an additional 36 hours with the computer under typical use. If there are no more bsod you can turn off windows driver verifier and that will complete the troubleshooting.

zbook, Aug 30, 2017
  7. redlum Win User
    Hi zbook,

I hope you're well.

I've been running driver verifier for a week now and finally got a memory management BSOD this afternoon.

I'm hoping there's something of use in there because I don't think I can stand running verifier for much longer (system is very choppy with it running).

DESKTOP-L224S2J-Sat_09_Sep_175420_90.zip

redlum, Sep 8, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

There was no definitive bsod misbehaving driver when the mini dump file was debugged.

When the bsod happened were you actively using the computer?
    If so do you remember what was being done?

Please turn off windows driver verifer.

Open file explorer > this PC > local C: drive > right upper corner search > type: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

Using one drive or drop box please post a share link into the thread.

If the misbehaving driver is displayed in the memory dump it can be fixed.
    If it is not then give windows driver verifier a rest for a few days and when you can please turn it back on for 48 hours with the same customized settings.

Code: BugCheck 1A, {41793, ffff890135586ff0, fb, fa}Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiDeleteVirtualAddresses+11b980 )[/quote]

zbook, Sep 8, 2017
  9. redlum Win User
    Thanks Zbook.

I remember everything was closed, the system had been on for a few hours, and the BSOD happened almost immediately after launching edge web browser. However, it doesn't always happen like that.

There was no memory.dmp to be found. I've changed the settings to hopefully write a complete dump for next time (it was set to 256kb).

redlum, Sep 8, 2017
  10. zbook New Member
    Please keep the setting on automatic.

By default the memory dump should always be created when there is a bsod.

Please post using a share link the memory dump file.

To turn off windows driver verifier: open administrative command prompt and type: verifier /reset

If the memory dump has a new misbehaving driver it can be fixed.

If not consider a time period in which the computer will be actively used and then turn on windows driver verifer for approximately 48 hours using the customized settings in this link:
    Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver. - Microsoft Community

zbook, Sep 8, 2017
  11. redlum Win User
    I ended up replacing the 4x4gb sticks with a single 8gb stick and I haven't had a single BSOD for a month.

I recently tested each memory stick individually with memtest (albeit in the same socket) and still no errors were detected. So I'm guessing there was an undetectable issue, or one of my sockets has a problem, or there was a compatibility issue.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions and support.

My advice for anyone stumbling across this thread with symptoms similar to mine - just try replacing the memory first.

redlum, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Frequent BSOD memory_management - Similar Threads - Frequent BSOD memory_management

2. Frequent BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT: Some days before I was having frequent Bad_Pool_caller BSOD, so I did a clean Windows Install. After some days MEMORY_MANAGEMENT Bsods also became frequent.The Dumps - https://file.io/i3lchveDK2JS...
  3. Frequent BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT: Some days before I was having frequent Bad_Pool_caller BSOD, so I did a clean Windows Install. After some days MEMORY_MANAGEMENT Bsods also became frequent.The Dumps - https://file.io/i3lchveDK2JS...
  4. Semi-frequent BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x1A

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Semi-frequent BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x1A: Hello! I have been getting intermittent BSOD on Win 11 for some time now. I've tried clean install, and it is still happening. Fearing that it might be a hardware issue, but I'm not sure. Looking at the dump in windows debugger, it looks to me like either a bad memory stick...
  5. Semi-frequent BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x1A

Semi-frequent BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x1A: Hello! I have been getting intermittent BSOD on Win 11 for some time now. I've tried clean install, and it is still happening. Fearing that it might be a hardware issue, but I'm not sure. Looking at the dump in windows debugger, it looks to me like either a bad memory stick...
  6. Frequent MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs.: Hello, I have had quite a history with BSODs. A few months ago, somoene here helped me find out that the faulty RAM modules were the reason for the BSODs, with all sorts of codes including MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. So anyways, I bought new G.Skill 32GB DDR4 RAM and everything seemed...
  7. Frequent MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs.

Frequent MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs.: Hello, I have had quite a history with BSODs. A few months ago, somoene here helped me find out that the faulty RAM modules were the reason for the BSODs, with all sorts of codes including MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. So anyways, I bought new G.Skill 32GB DDR4 RAM and everything seemed...
  8. BSODs frequently occuring: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READ_ONLY_MEMORY,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs frequently occuring: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READ_ONLY_MEMORY,...: Hi, recently I've been encountering BSODs quite frequently, sometimes it may even occur every 12 hours. It happens when I'm playing hardware-demanding games but it more frequently happens when my PC is just idling or doing non hardware-demanding work. Can anyone identify the...
  9. Frequent various BSoD - MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION - Error Code...

Frequent various BSoD - MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION - Error Code...: I've been receiving a number of blue screens of death. The most common messages are MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION, although I believe there have been some other Stop Codes as well. I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool, which noted "Hardware problems...
  10. Frequent BSOD when gaming (MEMORY_MANAGEMENT)

Frequent BSOD when gaming (MEMORY_MANAGEMENT): Hello, For the past few months I've been getting frequent BSOD, happens mostly when i am gaming but also happens once in a while when just streaming videos or surfing the web. Things i have tried: Ran Memtest86 and Windows memory diagnostic multiple times on each ram...