Windows 10: Frequent BSOD, most often upon login, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR,

Discus and support Frequent BSOD, most often upon login, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey all, After the latest Windows 10 update , I'm getting frequent BSODs with the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR message. It usually happens about a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mufb, Oct 23, 2015.

1. mufb Win User

Frequent BSOD, most often upon login, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR,

Hey all,

After the latest Windows 10 update , I'm getting frequent BSODs with the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR message. It usually happens about a minute or two after logging on, but it sometimes doesn't occur until a couple of hours into my normal computer usage (browsing, Steam, etc ). I've seen that WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR is usually indicative of a memory issue, but I ran 6 passes of memtest86+ and had 0 errors. My HD health is rated as "Good" according to a few diagnostic programs, and I have no hardware changes.

According to BlueScreenView, the bug check code is 0x00000124, with ntoskrnl.exe+253014 and hal.dll+3594f highlighted in red in every instance.

My set-up is an all-in-one HP Pavilion 23-b090.

Specs:

Processor: AMD A6-5400K
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7540D
    Sound: Realtek ALC269Q-VC Audio

As per the BSOD posting instructions, I have attached the .zip generated by DM Collector.

Please let me know if there's any other information I can provide.

EDIT: A clean reinstall of Windows 10 solved the issue. It seemed to have arisen because my original install was just an upgrade from 8.1

:)

2. apank Win User

Whea_uncorrectable_error only when playing games

I've been experiencing the Whea_Uncorrectable_error BSOD when playing games like CSGO or planetside 2, but not League of legends. It happened frequently when playing the mentioned games on 8.1, then when I upgraded to Win 10 it still occurred.

apank, Oct 23, 2015
  3. Random but frequent BSOD - whea_uncorrectable_error

Hi Mikkel,

Thank you for responding.

As most of the troubleshooting steps couldn't resolve the issue,
    I suggest you to download Windows 10 ISO file, create an installation media from other working computer to perform Startup Repair of the computer that you are unable to boot.

Using ISO file to perform Startup Repair will allow the device to boot the system to Windows Recovery Environment and tries to repair the device.

Step 1:
    I suggest you to try Startup Repairing the Windows and check if it helps.

Download the Windows 10 ISO and create a Media Creation tool and then perform Startup Repair.

Refer to the following link: Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

(Refer to the section "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool” in the above article for creating the tool).

Step 2: After creating the tool perform Startup Repair.

I would like to inform that, if your Windows 10 is not able to boot or startup, Startup Repair will come into action and try to diagnose and fix the issue. It will scan system files, registry settings, configuration settings and
    more and try to fix the problem on its own, automatically.

Perform the Startup Repair:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be
      F12.

• The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.

• Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the
      Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to
      CD\DVD ROM.

• After you boot your computer using Windows 10 DVD, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and
      Keyboard type

• Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner

• Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click
      Startup Repair.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 23, 2015
  4. mufb Win User

Hey axe0,

Thanks for the resources. I just got home but I'll be sure to start running them tomorrow morning, and to look for the dump file you requested.

5. mufb Win User
    I haven't forgotten about the tests, my home itnernet provider is having service issues so I'm at a bookstore downloading the tests. I'll update once I've run them all

6. axe0 New Member
    Take the time you need, there is no rush.

7. mufb Win User
    Prime95 ran for three hours with no errors. Seatools gave my HD a clean bill of health. I've already utilized memtest, and a chkdsk I ran when the issue first arose completed without issue.

Furmark gave me some issues. I was unable to run it in Safe Mode, since it disables my graphics card. I rebooted as normal and was able to run the test for about 3 minutes, with the GPU temperature at 32 Celsius before another BSOD. Since using my computer in normal mode is usually no man's land for my computer, I'm not sure if Furmark caused it, or if it was just another usual BSOD. In any event, I have attached the new dumps generated. I searched for the 9/26 dump but I think CC Cleaner may have erased it earlier this month.

In the meantime, I uninstalled Daemon Tools and no SPTD remains.

8. axe0 New Member

Code: SSPORT Fri Aug 12 01:07:32 2005 SSPORT.sys // Samsung printer driver amd_sata Fri Nov 30 10:00:42 2012 amd_sata.sys // AMD sata controller driver amd_xata Fri Nov 30 10:00:46 2012 amd_xata.sys // AMD stor filter driver Rt630x64 Thu Aug 15 08:23:59 2013 Rt630x64.sys // Realtek network driver[/quote] Check following manufacturers or software for updates
    Samsung
    Virtual Audio cable
    Cyberlink
    Tungle
    Realtek
    AMD

Remove this driver
    Code: AODDriver4.3 c:\program files\amd\ati.ace\fuel\amd64\aoddriver2.sys[/quote]

9. mufb Win User
    I updated the drivers for Realtek and removed the other programs and their drivers, as I don't use them often.

I had already updated the AMD drivers, but for some reason it did not update the SATA controller driver, which still shows as having been updated in 2013. I tried a manual update and Windows still told me I had the most up to date drivers. I found a hard drive firmware update on the HP website, I will try that out. I removed the driver you told me to delete.

After removing the drivers, I tried to reboot into normal mode and BSODed again. I've attached the new logs.

10. axe0 New Member
    How do you update your drivers?

Please uninstall Google Chrome while troubleshooting
    Code: CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1 DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT PROCESS_NAME: chrome.exe CURRENT_IRQL: f ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17336 (debuggers(dbg).150226-1500) amd64fre[/quote]

11. mufb Win User
    I downloaded drivers directly from the manufacturer's website and then installed them on the problematic computer. Once I uninstall Google Chrome, what should I do to continue troubleshooting? Reinstall the AMD updates?

12. axe0 New Member
    As you said you couldn't complete the test for the GPU, please remove the GPU and test your system.

13. mufb Win User

I've looked around and it seems that for HP all-in-one desktops, the GPU is integrated to the CPU, so switching it out isn't an option for me.

That said, I uninstalled what I thought was the problematic Windows update from 21/10. I ran Furmark again, which lased for about 15 minutes and a GPU temp of 33 Celsius until another BSOD (logs attached below).

I figured I could try to disable the AMD GPU, which I did, thus putting the Microsoft Basic Display Driver into play in normal mode, but I still had another BSOD (see attached logs).

What can I do at this point? A full un-install of the AMD drivers?

14. axe0 New Member
    Try a re-install of the AMD drivers.
    Please uninstall everything of AMD using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from AMD

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including your PSU and cooling system.How to fill in your system specs:

Frequent BSOD, most often upon login, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, [​IMG]

Frequent BSOD, most often upon login, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, [​IMG]

15. mufb Win User
    I've updated my system specs.

I also uninstalled the AMD drivers with the tool provided. Installation of the newest drivers had to be done in normal mode, and I BSOD during the installation. I uninstalled the drivers again, and rebooted into normal mode. Running on the Microsoft Basic Display driver, I simply waited around and got hit by another BSOD. I've attached the logs.

Thanks for your help so far!

Thema:

1. Frequent BSOD, most often upon login, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, - Similar Threads - Frequent BSOD often

2. Frequent BSOD, often when in a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD, often when in a game.: Hello, I am hoping someone here can help with my BSOD issues. I have tried everything I can think of the fix this, but nothing seems to work. I am getting frequent BSOD crashes, usually when the PC is launching a game or in game. The PC specs are: Windows 11 OSIntel i7-11700K...
  3. Frequent BSOD, often when in a game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSOD, often when in a game.: Hello, I am hoping someone here can help with my BSOD issues. I have tried everything I can think of the fix this, but nothing seems to work. I am getting frequent BSOD crashes, usually when the PC is launching a game or in game. The PC specs are: Windows 11 OSIntel i7-11700K...
  4. Multiple Different Blue Screens. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR as most frequent.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple Different Blue Screens. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR as most frequent.: Hello to anyone reading this. I have been running into frequent bluescreens. it is an HP Omen 17 inch. Intel Core i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz64 GB RAMNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super2TB SSD and a 2TB HDDOne that has been popping up almost every time after sometime I turn it...
  5. Multiple Different Blue Screens. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR as most frequent.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Different Blue Screens. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR as most frequent.: Hello to anyone reading this. I have been running into frequent bluescreens. it is an HP Omen 17 inch. Intel Core i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz64 GB RAMNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super2TB SSD and a 2TB HDDOne that has been popping up almost every time after sometime I turn it...
  6. Multiple Different Blue Screens. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR as most frequent.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Frequent BSOD Error Code 0_124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Frequent BSOD Error Code 0_124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: I recently purchased a computer about 3 months ago. Ever since I have been getting frequent BSOD when I play Dota 2 and randomly when using the computer. I have even BSOD while watching NETFLIX. Other times the computer has BSOD without me touching it at all. I have...
  8. Frequent BSOD Crash - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Frequent BSOD Crash - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hello, My computer has been suffering from BSOD crashes recently. It's less than 3 years old, and is well maintained. I only have a handful of applications on this machine games, Bitdefender, MSI Afterburner. It's primarily a gaming rig. I monitor GPU/CPU temperatures using...
  9. Recurring BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR frequently but inconsistent

Recurring BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR frequently but inconsistent: I have been getting the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD for years with my PC. Over the years I have swapped out every part except for the CPU and PSU. The same BSOD keeps occuring but it seems inconsistent as to when it will happen. It happens a couple times per week, even...
  10. Random but frequent BSOD - whea_uncorrectable_error

Random but frequent BSOD - whea_uncorrectable_error: I’m getting a lots of BSOD with whea_uncorrectable_error and I have tried lots of thing/suggestions from googleing…. Before this happened it all worked perfectly fine for a month and all of the sudden it began. It have never been overclocked only RAM have been set for XMP...