Windows 10: Frequent BSOD on Windows 10 Pro x64 on Intel NUC Hades Canyon NUC8i7HVK with 32GB RAM/2TB SSD

Discus and support Frequent BSOD on Windows 10 Pro x64 on Intel NUC Hades Canyon NUC8i7HVK with 32GB RAM/2TB SSD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows x64 Version: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.228] Here is my Hardware Configuration: Intel NUC8i7HVK 32GB 2x 16GB DDR4 2400 MHz... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Naveen Garg, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Frequent BSOD on Windows 10 Pro x64 on Intel NUC Hades Canyon NUC8i7HVK with 32GB RAM/2TB SSD

Windows x64 Version:
    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.228]

Here is my Hardware Configuration:

Intel NUC8i7HVK

32GB 2x 16GB DDR4 2400 MHz PC4-19200 Sodimm Laptop Memory RAM Kit PC4-2400 260pin

Unbuffered, Non-ECC, Non-Registered

WD Blue 3D NAND 2TB PC SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s M.2 2280 Solid State Drive - WDS200T2B0B

Here is the list of Features/Apps that I have installed

1. Windows Hyper V-Manager (I have Linux Umbuntu in a VM that worked just fine till now)
    2. Office Pro Plus 2016
    3. Adobe Acrobat Reader
    4. Amazon Drive, Google Drive, One Drive
    5. Brother Control Center
    6. Google Chrome, Remote Desktop, Calendar Sync
    7. Mozilla Firefox
    8. Multipage Tiff Editor
    9. PDFsam Basic
    10. T-Mobile Digits
    11. VLC Media Player
    12. WD Backup (I have 4 TB WD external drive for backup)
    13. Go contact sync mod
    14. Desk Pins - always on top

Desk Pins is the last app I installed only a few days ago when I started experiencing frequent reboots, disappeared start menu icons problems but I don't see any virus alerts regarding this app and it seems fairly innocuous app (only trying to keep a Window on top - good for watching youtube/netflix in one corner).

Hardware (Memory, Disk) checks out all fine. I have made no changes to default BIOS settings. I had Windows 10 Pro working great since the purchase of this brand new impressive intel NUC back in May, 2018 with above 32GB RAM and 2TB SSD (rest being the stack NUC as-is) and fresh install with absolutely no baggage! However lately (since July) I have started experience frequent Blue Screen of Death. And now since last week, I can't get Windows to stay up for more than a few minutes!!!!

I tried System Restore to the earliest restore point available (a month old or so) but that failed without any error message or explanation.

I tried Windows Update / Intel update but all state system is up to date.

Now since two days ago - my Audio Service fails to start and sound icon on task bar is disabled. I tried troubleshooting (giving registry key Admin access for Local Service account) - it got Audio Service to run but it still fails to respond when trying Windows troubleshooter!

And to add insult to injury - my Start Menu icons disappeared for many of the apps (but not all!), Clicking on Settings menu does not bring up the settings app.

I even tried restore/recover the installation (keep files but remove apps) - and that too failed!!

This installation is now a complete disaster and I am amazed how latest hardware from Intel and latest software from Microsoft can so easily make me completely unproductive. Please help me repair / recover the installation.

:)

Naveen Garg, Aug 19, 2018
  2. Mystere Win User
    Mystere, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Pro x64 32gb ram installed but only 16gb usable

I just upgraded to a 500GB SSD. Installed Windows 10 Pro x64. I have 32gb of ram. But windows 10 x64 is saying 16gb is usable. The UEFI motherboard bios sees the 32gb of ram. I did all the trouble shooting the motherboard manufacturer said to do, but
    still didn't fix my problem. Anyone else having this problem? If so can you please inform me on how to fix this problem?

alucke

AdrianLucke, Aug 19, 2018
  4. pjl321 Win User

Frequent BSOD on Windows 10 Pro x64 on Intel NUC Hades Canyon NUC8i7HVK with 32GB RAM/2TB SSD

Intel "Hades Canyon" NUC Armed with Vega M Plays Anything at 1080p

That 23% score is for the Xbox One X Vs 980ti, the Xbox's chip is more more powerful than this new Hades Canyon chip from Intel.

pjl321, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

Frequent BSOD on Windows 10 Pro x64 on Intel NUC Hades Canyon NUC8i7HVK with 32GB RAM/2TB SSD

1. Frequent BSOD on Windows 10 Pro x64 on Intel NUC Hades Canyon NUC8i7HVK with 32GB RAM/2TB SSD - Similar Threads - Frequent BSOD Pro

2. Frequent BSOD on NUC8i7HVK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD on NUC8i7HVK: Hihttps://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/izri43qhutesqyw5e3yj1/minidumps.zip?rlkey=roucyfrz03nrc6jxdomgvliqk&dl=0those are the minidumps on a newly installed windows 11 after updating network drivers to no avail.Originally my minidump revealed that it was a network-related issue. Is...
  3. Frequent BSOD on NUC8i7HVK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSOD on NUC8i7HVK: Hihttps://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/izri43qhutesqyw5e3yj1/minidumps.zip?rlkey=roucyfrz03nrc6jxdomgvliqk&dl=0those are the minidumps on a newly installed windows 11 after updating network drivers to no avail.Originally my minidump revealed that it was a network-related issue. Is...
  4. Frequent BSOD on NUC8i7HVK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD on NUC8i7HVK: Hi!I've had a Hades Canyon for a few years and it's always randomly gone blue screen, and I was never able to figure out why.I have the minidumps from this week if someone can help me pinpoint the issue...I did do the memtest, RAM sticks passed. SSD drives also passed...
  5. Frequent BSOD on NUC8i7HVK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSOD on NUC8i7HVK: Hi!I've had a Hades Canyon for a few years and it's always randomly gone blue screen, and I was never able to figure out why.I have the minidumps from this week if someone can help me pinpoint the issue...I did do the memtest, RAM sticks passed. SSD drives also passed...
  6. migrating from a PC to an Intel NUC with same SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    migrating from a PC to an Intel NUC with same SSD: Hi,My PC has an ASUS M/B with AMD CPU and thought the simplest way was to just place the SSD in the NUC. All seems to be OK but then the screen went blank - I guess M/B drivers may be conflicting with Intel's!!!I have done an ISO image to a NAS and understand that if I just...
  7. 32gb ram 16gb usable windows 10 home x64

in Windows 10 Customization
    32gb ram 16gb usable windows 10 home x64: Hi i installed 32Gb ram but it say 16 unusable i try everything Bios Msconfig in-boot-advance option max memory tick but it still say unusable any help plz[ATTACH]...
  8. New intel nuc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New intel nuc: Hi... i recently bought an intel nuc and would like to install windows 10 pro... everything went well except after windows started, my usb keyboard didnt work... try to update driver and etc but it still didnt work... version installed is windows 10 pro version 2004......
  9. New Windows 10 PC - 32gb RAM BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Windows 10 PC - 32gb RAM BSOD: So my windows 10 pc is only a few days old and when it is under any sort of load (rendering video) it gets a BSOD saying Memory Management. 32gb RAM - 4 x 8gb Corsair Vengence LPX DDR4 2133mhz 52131
  10. Intel NUC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel NUC: Hi guys i have a 6th generation i5 NUC with a 500gig Samsung 850 M.2 drive. The problem is that in the magician software it is telling me I am connected to a Sata II port not Sata III.... what gives? Any insight would be appreciated Regards Glen 65956

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 pro for intel nuc8i7hvk

2. nuc8i5bek bluescreen