Windows 10: Frequent BSOD, shortly after boot; Fresh windows 10 Install

Discus and support Frequent BSOD, shortly after boot; Fresh windows 10 Install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Installed Windows 10 on my custom built computer. Never had any issues with windows until I made the upgrade from 7 to 10. Since then been experiencing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ohmnuu, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Ohmnuu Win User

Frequent BSOD, shortly after boot; Fresh windows 10 Install

Installed Windows 10 on my custom built computer. Never had any issues with windows until I made the upgrade from 7 to 10. Since then been experiencing frequent BSOD shortly after start. From what I can tell the crash does not discriminate whether I am watching videos, doing homework or playing games; it will crash.

I ran Windows Memory Diagnostics and was given "Hardware problems were detected." So I ran memstest86 where no errors were found after 4 passes. I also checked HyperX RAM voltage specification and according to MSI program was given a value within its range (1.5V).

I have a separate hard-drive with Fedora 23 installed and I'm able to use the computer with no errors what so ever. I would at least assume if hardware were the case it would be cross platform, but hey I'm not the expert you guys are *Smile.

CPU: I5 4690K
    MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z97 GAMING 5
    RAM: HyperX 1600Mhz

[zip contains the files as explained in the post instruction tutorial *Smile ]

Thank you for the help.

:)

Ohmnuu, Mar 11, 2016
  2. Amorie Win User

DRIVER_VERIFIED_DETECTED_VIOLATION and other BSOD errors on Windows 10.

I understand that a clean boot isnt the source of the bsod, I have now done 3 fresh installs. Also turning off fast startup I doubt will fix the issue. Since it doesnt affect restart. Whether I restart or completly shutdown i have a high chance of BSOD.
    Ive gone days without out a BSOD if i never shutdown or restart my computer. the moment I do shortly after I BSOD.

Thanks for the response, ill try it out the fast startup change.

Amorie, Mar 11, 2016
  3. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE stop error every boot

In my fresh windows 10 installation after a week of flawless operation I started to get this BSOD every time I boot up: system let's me log in and after ~1 minute it drops with the bsod - the interesting thing is that it happens only on first boot attempt;
    when system automatically restarts, everything works properly and I am not getting bsod anymore.

Minidump points to ntoskrnl as the cause of the error so I am frustrated: initially I assumed some upgraded driver (like nvidia geforce) to cause this since there were no bsods for a week after fresh install, but it apparently turns out to be windows components,
    probably introduced with some windows update.

Please suggest.

regards,

Pavel

Павел Знаменский, Mar 11, 2016
  4. Frequent BSOD, shortly after boot; Fresh windows 10 Install

Hello Ohmnuu and welcome to 10forums! *Smile

I would recommend that you run memtest86+ for at least 8 passes:
    MemTest86+ - Test RAM

And run "sfc /scannow" from elevated command prompt, right click cmd and select run as administrator.

Cheers, Boris *Smile

BorisTheAnimal, Mar 11, 2016
  5. Ohmnuu Win User
    Greetings Boris! Thank you for welcoming me to the community!

I ran "src /scannow" as Admin as you suggested and no issues were found.

As you recommended, I ran memtest86+ and humored memtest86 with another go.

memtest86:
    Error confidence Value: 145
    Lowest Error Address: 0021285a018 - 8488.3MB
    Highest Error Address: 0021285cffc - 8608.3MB
    Bits in Error Mask: 0059000
    Bits in Error - Total: 4 Min: 1 Max: 4 Avg: 2
    Max Contiguous Errors: 1

Test #0 Errors: 0
    Test #1 Errors: 0
    Test #2 Errors: 0
    Test #3 Errors: 0
    Test #4 Errors: 329
    Test #5 Errors: 552
    Test #6 Errors: 536
    Test #7 Errors: 9811
    Test #8 Errors: 10783
    Test #9 Errors: 1099
    Test #10 Errors: 472

memtest86+ results:

Attachment 69292

From my beginners perspective and what I've been reading, is this most likely caused by bad memory sectors in RAM? I only have one stick of 8Gb DDR3 @ 1600Mhz. Going to go to my nearest Computer store and pick out another stick or two and hope for the best?!

Ohmnuu, Mar 12, 2016
  6. Yes please do that I mean we could try to update the BIOS but I'm not at all confident that would even solve anything at this stage, yes it does say that the latest BIOS update would improve memory compatibility but I don't think your problem is really related to that.

Though please before you head on over to a store to check for new RAM, please look over the motherboards memory QVL(qualified vendors list), because that would just be too disturbing for you:
    Z97 GAMING 5 Support memory

Also see if you could RMA the one stick you have, but you'll need the warranty receipt for that, if you have it that is.

Cheers, Boris *Smile

BorisTheAnimal, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Frequent BSOD, shortly after boot; Fresh windows 10 Install

1. Frequent BSOD, shortly after boot; Fresh windows 10 Install - Similar Threads - Frequent BSOD shortly

2. Frequent MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs on new system after fresh install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs on new system after fresh install: Hello.I keep getting frequent {MEMORY_MANAGEMNENT} BSODs, usually after I stop running heavy applications such as editing software or games.After the first bluescreen and subsequent restart, I keep getting bluescreen loops as soon as I boot into windows, and this error...
  3. Frequent MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs on new system after fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs on new system after fresh install: Hello.I keep getting frequent {MEMORY_MANAGEMNENT} BSODs, usually after I stop running heavy applications such as editing software or games.After the first bluescreen and subsequent restart, I keep getting bluescreen loops as soon as I boot into windows, and this error...
  4. Frequent MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs on new system after fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Frequent BSODs on fresh Windows 10 installation

Frequent BSODs on fresh Windows 10 installation: About a month ago, I've started encountering quite frequent BSODs for no reason. They were firing from once a day to once per 2-3 hours. I've tried updating drivers and all of that, but nothing seemed to help.About a week ago I've decided to completely reinstall my OS. I've...
  6. Frequent BSOD on freshly installed system

Frequent BSOD on freshly installed system: Hi there,I'm asking for your help as I'm feeling helpless.My machine has been BSOD-ing for a quite some time, especially during higher temperatures outside. With no AC in the house I thought it might be due to some parts overheating as BSOD usually occur while gaming. But...
  7. BSOD frequently in short time

BSOD frequently in short time: DESKTOP-0P4AVPU-(2021-07-01_23-52-57).zip - Google Drive windows ver:20H2(19042.1052) the pc restart so many times in short time 181956
  8. BSODs frequently happening after fresh Win10 install

BSODs frequently happening after fresh Win10 install: DESKTOP-90J7JR8-(2020-12-02_23-19-58).zip I am getting BSODs on my Win10 gaming PC (version 20H2, build 19042.630). I was getting a ton of BSODs a while back and did a fresh install of Win10 in an attempt to easily fix these issues. That very night, the first BSOD occurred,...
  9. Blue screen shortly after fresh windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue screen shortly after fresh windows 10 install: Hi. I've seem to have gotten a strange issue with my computer. I suddenly got an infinite boot loop accompanied by a blue screen (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL). I connected my SSD drive to a different computer, but with the same result. I then reinstalled W10, but shortly after the...
  10. Fresh, clean install- frequent BSOD

Fresh, clean install- frequent BSOD: Hi guys, hate to introduce myself this way but need some help. PC is Lenovo Erazer X510, has fresh, clean installed Win 10 Pro. Getting BSODs. Tried reading the dump with WhoCrashed, not getting any real info: crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\010416-12046-01.dmp This...