Windows 10: Frequent BSOD shortly after bootup (Win10 x64 home)

Discus and support Frequent BSOD shortly after bootup (Win10 x64 home) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an Asus G73jh laptop. I upgraded from Win7 x64 to Win10 x64. Shortly after logging into Win 10, I frequently get a BSOD with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by blaydes99, Aug 11, 2015.

1. blaydes99 Win User

Frequent BSOD shortly after bootup (Win10 x64 home)

I have an Asus G73jh laptop. I upgraded from Win7 x64 to Win10 x64.

Shortly after logging into Win 10, I frequently get a BSOD with "MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION" or a hard freeze. It sometimes occurs right after I see my desktop background, and sometimes a minute later. This occurs 3 out of 5 times that I boot my computer, both from a full shutdown and from hibernation. The machine is completely unresponsive when this happens and I have to hold the power button down to turn off and restart.

I've already disabled "Quick boot", updated to the latest AMD Win10 drivers (Catalyst 15.7.1), and tried various tweaks, yet the issue persists.

If my computer doesn't lock up within 2-3 minutes, it will run fine for hours and never locks up after extended usage scenarios.

I've attached my log file here. Thanks for any insight that you can offer.

Attachment 30637

:)

blaydes99, Aug 11, 2015

2. BSOD Windows 10 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Hello,

I have gotten 3 BSODs in the last week. It was shortly after the last quality update (2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4089848) was installed that this began happening.

Each BSOD shows this error code: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.

Here is the relevant info (minidump after the 3rd BSOD, msinfo, desktop specs, bluescreenview):

WINDOWS SUPPORT

How do I fix this? Especially because it keeps happening.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

SnarledCard3, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Amorie Win User
    DRIVER_VERIFIED_DETECTED_VIOLATION and other BSOD errors on Windows 10.

No good still running into BSOD shortly after reboots.

Amorie, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Frequent BSOD shortly after bootup (Win10 x64 home)

I am having the exact same problem with my Asus G73 JW. It usually crashes with BSOD or just freezes shortly after entering windows or on the login screen. If it does work, like the above poster, I can run my computer fine for hours without crashing.

Any help for this problem would be greatly appreciated.

realistike, Aug 12, 2015
  5. ZehMatt Win User
    The attachment does not include any crash dumps so I doubt you will get much of help without them.

ZehMatt, Aug 13, 2015
  6. Boozad Win User
    Boozad, Aug 13, 2015
  7. blaydes99 Win User
    Thanks ZehMatt and Boozad. I've now configured my system to record a minidump, and I'll post it after my next BSOD.

blaydes99, Aug 15, 2015
  8. blaydes99 Win User

My computer ran a bunch of updates yesterday, and this morning I had several freezes in a row, during boot up or right after boot (seeing the desktop). The bad news is that it looks like the computer froze hard and wasn't about to write the minidump. I guess I need to cross my fingers for a blue screen and get a dump that way. *sigh*

blaydes99, Aug 27, 2015
  9. blaydes99 Win User
    After reading in the notebookreview.com forums, some other users with the G73jh laptop had this same issue. They reported that disabling the LAN adapter (Atheros AR8131 Gigabit Ethernet Controller) fixes the issue, and this has also worked for me. I have kept my LAN adapter disabled and I've not had a lockup since. Hope this helps other users that have the same problem.

blaydes99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Frequent BSOD shortly after bootup (Win10 x64 home) - Similar Threads - Frequent BSOD shortly

2. BSOD frequently in short time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD frequently in short time: DESKTOP-0P4AVPU-(2021-07-01_23-52-57).zip - Google Drive windows ver:20H2(19042.1052) the pc restart so many times in short time 181956
  3. BSOD Shortly After Login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD Shortly After Login: I have been looking for an answer to this for a few hours now, and I could use some help. My PC crashes within a few seconds of logging in with the error message: DPC Watchdog Violation. I can run my PC in safe mode without crashing. I have not installed any new programs or...
  4. BSODs frequently happening after fresh Win10 install

BSODs frequently happening after fresh Win10 install: DESKTOP-90J7JR8-(2020-12-02_23-19-58).zip I am getting BSODs on my Win10 gaming PC (version 20H2, build 19042.630). I was getting a ton of BSODs a while back and did a fresh install of Win10 in an attempt to easily fix these issues. That very night, the first BSOD occurred,...
  5. BSOD on bootup

BSOD on bootup: Hey, i get BSOD on bootup. I cant do anything. I have tried every solution. I have heard about resetting pc with USB, if so. How do i do that. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-on-bootup/9afc0361-db50-42de-8e6b-43ee89203042
  6. slow bootup; win10

slow bootup; win10: Have been searching for KB articles regarding fixing slow boot up times, but I have not found any. Anyone know of documented steps to take to clean-things-up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-bootup-win10/e8018bdf-f65a-4324-b105-a74429c14055
  7. Windows frequently restarting shortly after 1903 update

Windows frequently restarting shortly after 1903 update: I'm having trouble with Windows 10 restarting ever since my system updated to the 1903 release. It was updated at 7:21am on August 11, and my computer has now been restarting from 2 to 6 times a day. The first restart happened at 8:24am on August 11, just over an hour after...
  8. BSOD - Win10 x64 - "UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION"

BSOD - Win10 x64 - "UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION": I've gotten 3 BSODs recently. I only saw the actual blue screen once and it said "UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION". I used Bluescreenview on my DMP files but couldn't get anything useful out of it. I've got them in the zipped attachment. Hope someone can shed light on this issue,...
  9. BSOD shortly after startup of win10

BSOD shortly after startup of win10: When running normal mode my computer have run perfectly with the same system config for more then 1.5 years now. No HW has been changed. Lately I have started to get BSOD unexpected operation (win10 64bit). The problem does not occour when running safe mode with network...
  10. Frequent BSOD, shortly after boot; Fresh windows 10 Install

Frequent BSOD, shortly after boot; Fresh windows 10 Install: Installed Windows 10 on my custom built computer. Never had any issues with windows until I made the upgrade from 7 to 10. Since then been experiencing frequent BSOD shortly after start. From what I can tell the crash does not discriminate whether I am watching videos, doing...