Windows 10: Frequent BSOD while working - IMPERSONATING_WORKER_THREAD

Discus and support Frequent BSOD while working - IMPERSONATING_WORKER_THREAD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there! We were doing fine with a computer upgrading to Windows 10, and it worked good for a while. However, now we're getting this BSOD several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nathandenco, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Frequent BSOD while working - IMPERSONATING_WORKER_THREAD

Hi there! We were doing fine with a computer upgrading to Windows 10, and it worked good for a while. However, now we're getting this BSOD several times a day, seemingly at random. I've updated all the drivers on the PC and tried to find any sort of solution online, but couldn't find anything for this specific error.

From the dump I get:
    Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe
    IMPERSONATING_WORKER_THREAD

but not much else. Would anyone be able to help?
    Thank you very much.

:)

nathandenco, Jun 26, 2016

2. Windows 10 BSOD, DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, Asus ROG STRIX GL553VD

Thank you for the replies.

While I still have the occasional BSOD, they're a lot less frequent after updating my graphics driver.

Jonty-Morris, Jun 26, 2016
  3. Taklop Win User
    Windows 10 BSOD (driver irql, clock watchdog)

I have a relatively new system running W10. When I first got it around 6 months ago it would BSOD and I thought nothing of it as the hardware was brand new and so was the OS, and as such expected a few teething issues.

However, the issues still continue. My PC BSODs at various times, specifically : while playing games (Rust and Diablo, but also a few others), and also more occasionally at boot. (Causing the system to reboot again).

While playing games it BSODs frequently, often hourly or even more frequently than that.

These BSODs are mostly: driver irql_less_or_not_equal, or clock watchdog timeout.

All my drivers are up to date, and so is my windows installation.

I've tried running stress tests and memory diagnostics, and it doesn't seem to be a hardware fault.

What do I do?

Taklop, Jun 26, 2016
  4. Frequent BSOD while working - IMPERSONATING_WORKER_THREAD

Here's the file generated from running the program:
    removed attachment

nathandenco, Jun 26, 2016
  5. kkuhler Win User
    I am seeing the same issue. The problem started on Thursday. A silverlight update occurred on that date. I have uninstalled silverlight and am waiting to see if it occurs again.

kkuhler, Jun 27, 2016
  6. Good looking out, looks like it happened on Thursday for me as well, and I see Silverlight got installed that day. Fingers crossed that uninstalling it fixes it, thanks!

nathandenco, Jun 27, 2016
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Let's hope it was Silverlight as the dumps have no useful information in them.

Ztruker, Jun 27, 2016
  8. Frequent BSOD while working - IMPERSONATING_WORKER_THREAD

Just bsod again, same error *Sad confirmed that no updates have happened since, and Silverlight is uninstalled. It did start Thursday though, same day as the update, is it possible that there's anything else it could have affected?

edit: I'm going to do a system restore (point) to before the update to see if that fixes it.
    edit again: The system restore failed lol.

nathandenco, Jun 27, 2016
  9. jebcpa Win User
    Did a system restore from 06/21/16 on 06/27/16. Same BSOD.
    Updated Video, Chipset, Audio, LAN and Scanner Drivers as of 16:00. BSOD at 16:26

I posted this problem on the Microsoft Community Forum and received an interesting reply:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...7-d629d8a27bcc

I will also post my results from today (07/09/16) and tomorrow here.

jebcpa, Jun 28, 2016
  10. kkuhler Win User
    My misbehaving system is a dell Optiplex 9020. What about yours? Could it be a dell driver update that occurred in the background?

kkuhler, Jun 28, 2016
  11. I'm using a HP - HPE-450f. I don't have anything other than Windows Update to update anything. The only other common program used is CCleaner, besides work-related stuff (that no other users in the office have experienced issues with).

nathandenco, Jun 28, 2016
  12. jebcpa Win User
    Mine is generic. See "My System Specs".

jebcpa, Jun 28, 2016
  13. Frequent BSOD while working - IMPERSONATING_WORKER_THREAD

(this is the second page)

This just happened to another PC in the office twice today, on Windows 7. I can't find anything about IMPERSONATING_WORKER_THREAD online, and there doesn't appear to be any Windows Updates on the pc in the past few days.. what's going on?

Here's the file for that computer:
    removed attachment

nathandenco, Jun 28, 2016
  14. kkuhler Win User
    I posted links to what is going on, but because it contains links it is awaiting moderation. Apparently it is Norton causing the issue and they are aware and working on a fix.

If you google search IMPERSONATING_WORKER_THREAD and set the results to return links from the last week you will start to see the links

...and it appears my post awaiting moderation was deleted. Not sure why but google it....

This is the norton issue... Norton 22.7 - Hot Issues and Fixes

kkuhler, Jun 28, 2016
  15. nathandenco, Jun 28, 2016
Thema:

Frequent BSOD while working - IMPERSONATING_WORKER_THREAD

1. Frequent BSOD while working - IMPERSONATING_WORKER_THREAD - Similar Threads - Frequent BSOD while

2. Frequent BSoD and crashes while gaming.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSoD and crashes while gaming.: So, ever since I've gotten this PC, I've had crashes to desktop, or even BSoDs, while playing most games. Games include things like Total War: Warhammer 2, Satisfactory, Vermintide 2, Starcraft 2, Mass Effect Andromeda, Necromunda Underhive Wars, GTA 5, Dawn of War 3 just to...
  3. Getting Frequent BSODs Especially while gaming

Getting Frequent BSODs Especially while gaming: Ok this is now getting More frequent whenever i play any game on my pc there's a random chance that the pc gets a bsod saying critical process died or memory management. So i tried to figure out what is the cause of the problem i went to event viewer and found out a critical...
  4. Frequent BSOD while opening games only

Frequent BSOD while opening games only: Every time I open a game like CSGO, valorant, Shadow of tomb raider, it says can't allocate memory or texture loading error or engine error and then the GPU becomes inactive. Then I restart the laptop and it shows me the BSOD screen saying VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR. But...
  5. Getting frequent BSOD while starting up

Getting frequent BSOD while starting up: I'm just sick and tired of multiple BSOD i'm getting, tried all i can, updated my drivers, windows says they have the best available, did a reset of my PC still not working posting my dumps 012919-50234-01.dmp 1/29/2019 4:00:16 PM 0x00000113 00000000`00000019...
  6. Frequent BSODs while playing games

Frequent BSODs while playing games: Hi there, starting around a week and a half to 2 weeks ago I began to experience BSODs while playing games (usually rainbow six siege as thats the main game I play). At first the BSODs had system service exception, page fault in unpaged area errors as the causes. I noticed...
  7. IMPERSONATING_WORKER_THREAD

IMPERSONATING_WORKER_THREAD: We are getting a similar BSOD - Did you find a resolution here? IMPERSONATING_WORKER_THREAD param1 0x000000df (0xfffff801b863e910, 0xffffe000c9b50ba0, 0xffffe000c9b50ba0, 0x0000000000000000) 54725
  8. Computer freezes frequently while working - BSOD win32kbase.sys

Computer freezes frequently while working - BSOD win32kbase.sys: From the past 10 days or so I am getting frequent system freezes. This happens even when I am not gaming and has no pattern. There's no error and never had a BSOD until today which had SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION win32kbase.sys. What I've tried Bought new HDD and removed...
  9. BSOD's Random, varied and frequent while gaming

BSOD's Random, varied and frequent while gaming: The BSOD's I was getting at first, while gaming ( World of Warcraft Mainly) were DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL , KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE and wdf01000.sys . This has been happening for some time now but was unable to resolve the issue after updating the wireless adapter...
  10. BSOD happening frequently while working/gaming

BSOD happening frequently while working/gaming: Hi all, I'm getting BSOD frequently in windows 10 enterprise. I've updated windows in the past several days, but to no avail. The system crashes in steam, battle.net, as well as performing normal tasks. I've run a memory test, and a disk scan, and both passed. Attached...