Windows 10: Frequent BSODs + Abnormal memory usage

Discus and support Frequent BSODs + Abnormal memory usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer has been acting weird for the past 2 months. I think it started after I installed a driver for an xbox one controller, but I am not sure if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Merp, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Merp Win User

Frequent BSODs + Abnormal memory usage

My computer has been acting weird for the past 2 months. I think it started after I installed a driver for an xbox one controller, but I am not sure if I am remembering correctly.

Anyway, when I use my computer for prolonged periods of time, the memory usage tends to near 100% even if I am not really using any programs. When I open task manager it is clear that the memory being used does not add up to the 8gb of ram that is available. Usually this would result in a BSOD if I did not reset my computer. This is an example of my task manager after prolonged PC use wtf memory.

Also I think the BSOD error message was system_service_exemption, not 100% sure of this though.

Starting today, however, it seems as if my computer is starting to BSOD every couple of hours.

Attached are my dump files, also my specs should be listed in my profile

I have run Malware/virus scans in the past but nothing has turned up.

Any insight or input would be greatly appreciated. Just let me know if you need anymore information.

Attachment 33902

:)

2. Alan B Win User

Continuously receiving different Blue Screen of Death

Frequent and different BSODs is something frequently caused by faulty RAM memory.

Alan B, Aug 25, 2015
  3. Frequent BSODs, memory diagnostic also BSODs

Please upload a copy of the latest dump file to your OneDrive and post a link here.

Create a system restore point before doing anything else. Select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+S and type Create a restore point. Click the
    Best Match at the top of the dropdown menu and click the
    Create
    button.

Are you using an ethernet cable or wireless to connect your computer to the router? An ethernet cable connection is faster and more reliable for large downloads. An ethernet cable is an inexpensive purchase.

Connect to a mains electricity supply if your computer is a laptop.

Disable your anti-virus and firewall whilst upgrading.

I suggest you download the Windows 10 Media creation tool ISO and do an In-place upgrade.

Download the updated Windows 10 Media creation Tool:

Download Windows 10

How to download an ISO using Media creation Tool:

Download Windows 10 ISO File

How to perform an In Place upgrade using Method 1:

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Please restart your computer and allow 20 minutes for the system to run before uploading information required to help me investigate your problem. When examining Event Viewer log files many, not all, problems show in the period immediately after
    the computer has been booted.

Please provide an updated copy of your System Information file. To access your System Information file select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+R, type msinfo32 and click OK
    . Place the cursor on System Summary. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. Click Save.
    Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file.
    The system creates a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for the file
    to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here. If the report is in a language other than English, please state the language.

Gerry C J Cornell, Aug 25, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Merp,

Welcome to the 10forums.

The causes of the crashes are 2 drivers, 1 from AMD and 1 from Razer.

AMD:
    Try to remove the Catalyst Control Center and only install the driver.
    Code: 4: kd> lmvm atikmdagstart end module name fffff801`d8e60000 fffff801`da36a000 atikmdag T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys Image name: atikmdag.sys Timestamp: Mon Aug 03 21:57:16 2015 (55BFC79C) CheckSum: 014A1F5B ImageSize: 0150A000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Razer:
    Update or remove the software.
    Code: 5: kd> lmvm rzpnkstart end module name fffff801`c80e0000 fffff801`c80fdb80 rzpnk T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: rzpnk.sys Image path: \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\rzpnk.sys Image name: rzpnk.sys Timestamp: Fri Oct 17 21:38:10 2014 (54417022) CheckSum: 0002D033 ImageSize: 0001DB80 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. Merp Win User
    Hey axe0, thanks for responding!

I went ahead and uninstalled both Razer and Catalyst control center. However, I'm not really sure how to install just the driver because I think Catalyst is coupled with the driver.

I'm gonna keep looking around to find a driver download, but I'll let definitely keep you posted on whether or not this resolves the issue.

6. axe0 New Member
    Hi Merp,

Usually when installing something from AMD you can choose to install everything or only install what you want.

7. Merp Win User
  8. axe0 New Member

Go ahead, if it is indeed windows 10 supported.

9. Merp Win User
    Alright, I installed it. You were right though, I was able to install without the control center.

I'll let you know if my problems are resolved, thanks axe0.

Merp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Frequent BSODs + Abnormal memory usage - Similar Threads - Frequent BSODs Abnormal

2. Abnormally usage of cpu and disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Abnormally usage of cpu and disk: On my four year old i3 6th gen 4 gb ram laptop when I run any app/software the cpu and disk usage goes from 90 to 100% for a few seconds. Sometimes this happens even if the app / software is not run. What is the solution...
  3. Abnormally usage of cpu and disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Abnormally usage of cpu and disk: On my four year old i3 6th gen 4 gb ram laptop when I run any app/software the cpu and disk usage goes from 90 to 100% for a few seconds. Sometimes this happens even if the app / software is not run. What is the solution...
  4. Abnormally usage of cpu and disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Frequent BSODs in the middle of usage

Frequent BSODs in the middle of usage: Hello,Recently I've been getting lots of BSODs with error code irql_not_less_or_equal. I've attached a few .dmp files for your review. Thanks!https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fbkv5pt5q8tlvvz/AACxCmNIkSnFnamst6AWKtc_a?dl=0...
  6. Abnormally high memory usage - this is with just steam, chrome and driver fusion running....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Abnormally high memory usage - this is with just steam, chrome and driver fusion running....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Waytogo33 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/knd6t1/abnormally_high_memory_usage_this_is_with_just/
  7. Frequent MEMORY MANAGEMENT BSOD and others

Frequent MEMORY MANAGEMENT BSOD and others: Frequent MEMORY MANAGEMENT BSOD sometimes other BSODs, mainly when i start gaming. Some code came up some times like dxgkrnl.sys and win32kbase.sys I already tried the following: - Memtest - Reinstalling windows - sfc /scannow - DSIM - Memory diagnostic tool -...
  8. High CPU Memory and Disk usage, and frequent BSOD

High CPU Memory and Disk usage, and frequent BSOD: Ive got an 3 year old PC that has recently become practically unusable because it randomly freezes or gives me blue screens and i have no idea what the problem is. The main symptom I see is high CPU, memory and disk usage mainly from the system services Antimalware Service...
  9. Abnormally High RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Abnormally High RAM Usage: [ATTACH] I just got a new PC and for some reason, over 60% of my RAM is being used on nothing. I have 16gb dual channeled. XMP Profile 1 in bios. My games keep crashing because there is not enough memory.\ Edit: I have tried multiple threads and forums, none resulted in...
  10. Seemingly abnormally high memory usage even when practically idle

Seemingly abnormally high memory usage even when practically idle: After doing the most recent windows update (I think I did it on Sunday) I have seemingly quite high memory usage when not doing much at all, I'm sitting with chrome, steam, Spotify and discord open and I'm at 65% memory usage (which is ~10 GB of RAM for reference) and it's...