Windows 10: Frequent BSODs after completely clean Windows 10 Pro install

Discus and support Frequent BSODs after completely clean Windows 10 Pro install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, Around a week ago, my old Windows install was completely screwed and so was my SSD. In an effort to resolve these issues I ordered a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Semx11, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Semx11 Win User

Frequent BSODs after completely clean Windows 10 Pro install

Hi there,

Around a week ago, my old Windows install was completely screwed and so was my SSD. In an effort to resolve these issues I ordered a new NVMe M.2 SSD (250GB) and did a completely clean install using a bootable USB stick that I created using Windows' official tool.

Unfortunately the installation didn't go very smoothly, I had to retry a few times, and try out different ports/USB drives before it finally completed without errors.

I suspected something went wrong, so I ran the following checks:
    • chkdsk /f /r - I looked at the logs using Event Viewer, which said it detected some errors and it repaired them.
    • sfc /scannow - It indicated that it found some issues, but it couldn't repair it.
    • DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth - It indicated that it repaired some things.
    • sfc /scannow - It indicated that it found some issues, and repaired them.
    I rebooted between each step, and when I run sfc /scannow right now, it says it can't find any integrity violations, which is good.

Between these checks I got multiple BSOD's, 7 so far since Tuesday. 5 of them were MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, 1 was PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, and the other was SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.

(NB: I recently replaced my RAM (2x8 = 16 GB DDR4 @ 3.000 MHz) under warranty as it was faulty. This was on my old installation. I don't expect my RAM to be faulty, but I'm willing to try everything.)

According to BlueScreenViewer, all 7 of these crashes were caused by ntoskrnl.exe. This was the reason I tried to fix the problem with chkdsk, sfc and dism. Unfortunately the crashes are still occuring.

The crashes seem to happen at random as soon as I click on something. This could be closing a tab, minimizing a window, closing an application (e.g. HWMonitor). It can literally be anything.

I've tried to Google the error codes, I tried to analyze the minidumps using an online tool, or read related threads on this forum, but unfortunately no luck so far.

If anyone here could point me into the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Sem

PS: I have attached the ZIPs created by both the normal and the beta collection tool. The minidumps of the last 4 BSODs are included, the first 3 already got deleted unfortunately. I did include the text files of the first 3 crashes that were generated by BlueScreenViewer. If I need to attach anything else please let me know.

:)

Semx11, Jul 27, 2018

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Jul 27, 2018
  3. Caring1 Win User
    Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, Jul 27, 2018
  4. qubit Win User

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

Where exactly did you get this "windows pro" key from? If it's off eBay or something, then perhaps you've been sold a dud key. Also, it's not clear if you mean you bought windows 10 pro or an earlier version of windows as there's no such thing as "windows pro".

Do you have an Windows 7 or 8.1? If so, install that, download the ISO with the media creation tool and burn it to disc. Then run it as an upgrade. After that, the components hash of your PC will give you a digital entitlement for a clean install, so just bought off that disc, wipe the partitions and install it clean. It will auto activate over the internet once installed.

qubit, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Frequent BSODs after completely clean Windows 10 Pro install - Similar Threads - Frequent BSODs completely

2. 10 pro after a clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    10 pro after a clean install: I made a clean install Win 10 Pro but it only installed Win 10 home. How can I get Pro? I tried the process of changing product key with the key from before the clean install. Thanks...
  3. 10 pro after a clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    10 pro after a clean install: I made a clean install Win 10 Pro but it only installed Win 10 home. How can I get Pro? I tried the process of changing product key with the key from before the clean install. Thanks...
  4. 10 pro after a clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. BSOD after clean installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after clean installation: Hello all, So i installed windows 10 on new ssd , and it stuck into BSOD loop. Kmode exception not handled is code . Updated all drivers, still getting BSOD. In Safe Mode , it runs ok. OS build 19043.928 , version 21H1 182704
  6. BSOD error after new windows installation with complete C-Drive cleaning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD error after new windows installation with complete C-Drive cleaning: [ATTACH] Hello, I am facing BSOD error even after windows technical support team reinstalled new windows in my pc including completely cleaning my C-Drive. But now also I am getting this blue screen error. Now I checked with a Driver Updater Softwaremicrosoft partner and...
  7. Frequent BSODs even after clean install

Frequent BSODs even after clean install: Hey everyone, Posting here looking for some help, now I'm a pretty tech savvy guy, have been building/ fixing computers for over 8 years, however lately my computer has been giving me nothing but trouble. Basically I am getting random BSODs, several unique ones, also...
  8. BSOD after a clean Windows install

BSOD after a clean Windows install: Hello, I recently bought Windows 10 Pro. I installed it with no problems. After just 10 minutes I received the first BSOD: 'Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart..' After the restart the same BSOD (in about 5 minutes). Before Windows 10 I ran Windows 7 with no...
  9. BSOD after clean window install

BSOD after clean window install: After an SSD upgrade ans a clean windows install, I keep receiving BSOD. The driver causing the problem seems to be dbx.sys. In any case I attach link with the minidumps and ms-info of the laptop. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvFFVidLWquJmEOlAmMbtDRsDxh9 Alternative link here :...
  10. Fresh, clean install- frequent BSOD

Fresh, clean install- frequent BSOD: Hi guys, hate to introduce myself this way but need some help. PC is Lenovo Erazer X510, has fresh, clean installed Win 10 Pro. Getting BSODs. Tried reading the dump with WhoCrashed, not getting any real info: crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\010416-12046-01.dmp This...