Windows 10: Frequent BSOD's in Windows 10

Discus and support Frequent BSOD's in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In the past couple weeks I've been getting more frequent BSOD's. I have run memory checks which find no issues and also run an sfc check resulting in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jonathan Highsmith, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Frequent BSOD's in Windows 10

In the past couple weeks I've been getting more frequent BSOD's. I have run memory checks which find no issues and also run an sfc check resulting in no issues detected. Below is a copy/paste of WhoCrashed, it shows the same information after every BSOD. And I've also uploaded a driverview report to my onedrive located here https://1drv.ms/t/s!AmsTZUs6R1D7kivUzh15Fp_KEmhq

Any Ideas or help would be appreciated I'm at a loss as to what's causing it without starting from a new install of windows.

Crash dump directories:
    C:\Windows
    C:\Windows\Minidump

On Sun 7/29/2018 10:54:21 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\072918-12734-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x17E310)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0x0, 0x8, 0x0)
    Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 7/29/2018 10:54:21 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!ExRaiseStatus+0x6C9)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0x0, 0x8, 0x0)
    Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

:)

Jonathan Highsmith, Jul 29, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 29, 2018
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    Frequent BSOD since forced Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• What are the changes or troubleshooting steps you have make prior to the issue?

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    I would suggest to refer the suggestion given by Zigzag3143, dated july 26, 2013.

Refer the link:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-update/bsod-finding-and-fixing-them/1939df35-283f-4830-a4dd-e95ee5d8669d

For more information, refer the link.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14238/windows-10-troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

I hope the information is helpful and if the error still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Frequent BSOD's in Windows 10

Frequent BSOD

Hello,

As per the title, I am experiencing a range of BSOD errors daily. Perhaps once every 2-3 hours or so, and it seems to crash more often the more program I’m running simultaneously. Though this could be mere coincidence.
    I'll list some of the recent error messages here:

• Win32kfull.sys failed
    • System service exception
    • Werfault.exe failed
    • Page fault in non paged area
    • System thread exception not handled
    • Critical process died
    • Nvlddmkm.sys failed
    • Dxgmms2.sys failed
    • Unexpected store exception
    • Unexpected kernel mode trap
    And I’m sure there are others I haven’t taken the time to log. Clearly something is seriously wrong.

Troubleshooting steps taken include:

• Updating gpu driver
    • Uninstalling 3rd party antivirus software

As per this guide:

BSOD Finding and fixing them

I'm including the following to help diagnose the problem:

• recent .dmp files (only two appear in the minidump folder for some reason)
    • MSinfo output
    • System specs (should be in MSinfo. Ask if you require further details)

You can download these from my onedrive here:

BSOD Nathan items 2-23-2018

I’m not sure what troubleshooting steps to take from here, so any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Nathan

Edit:

I've also taken the following troubleshooting steps:

- Updated Windows

- Updated device drivers, via SDI

Nathan2014, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

Frequent BSOD's in Windows 10

1. Frequent BSOD's in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Frequent BSOD's

2. Please Help! Why am I Frequently getting BSOD all of a sudden?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please Help! Why am I Frequently getting BSOD all of a sudden?: ******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis ** ********************************************************************************ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY beAn attempt was made to write to readonly memory. The...
  3. Please Help! Why am I Frequently getting BSOD all of a sudden?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please Help! Why am I Frequently getting BSOD all of a sudden?: ******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis ** ********************************************************************************ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY beAn attempt was made to write to readonly memory. The...
  4. Please Help! Why am I Frequently getting BSOD all of a sudden?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Frequent BSODs and haven't found a solution.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSODs and haven't found a solution.: I've been getting very frequent bsods, especially when I load up intensive games like helldivers 2 and r6. It crashes when using any application and it crashes at random times. It crashes faster when I load intensive applications though. I have ran sfc /scannow, memory...
  6. Frequent BSODs and haven't found a solution.

Frequent BSODs and haven't found a solution.: I've been getting very frequent bsods, especially when I load up intensive games like helldivers 2 and r6. It crashes when using any application and it crashes at random times. It crashes faster when I load intensive applications though. I have ran sfc /scannow, memory...
  7. Frequent Intermittent BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent Intermittent BSOD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XfIrCSysB1a6_o4T4MwdNzleoy4ipsaH/view?usp=sharingMinidumps for last 5 crashes linked, I believe all while running Driver Verifier. I have had other error codes in the past but the minidumps have been overwritten Secure kernel error, Page fault...
  8. Frequent Intermittent BSOD

Frequent Intermittent BSOD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XfIrCSysB1a6_o4T4MwdNzleoy4ipsaH/view?usp=sharingMinidumps for last 5 crashes linked, I believe all while running Driver Verifier. I have had other error codes in the past but the minidumps have been overwritten Secure kernel error, Page fault...
  9. Random and Frequent BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random and Frequent BSOD: I get a random BSOD error message throughout the day and I can’t figure out what the issue is. It’s like it cycles through different errors each time it happens. The only time I don’t get a BSOD is when I’m playing FiveM, GTAV RP. I could play that for hours upon hours and...
  10. Random and Frequent BSOD

Random and Frequent BSOD: I get a random BSOD error message throughout the day and I can’t figure out what the issue is. It’s like it cycles through different errors each time it happens. The only time I don’t get a BSOD is when I’m playing FiveM, GTAV RP. I could play that for hours upon hours and...