Windows 10: Frequent BSODs of unknown reason. Possibly caused by new PC component

Discus and support Frequent BSODs of unknown reason. Possibly caused by new PC component in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. I have recently upgraded my PC. The upgrade included: A 2GB DDR2 Kingmax RAM stick. A 250GB SATA II Hitachi hard drive, which is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lunateepsilon, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Frequent BSODs of unknown reason. Possibly caused by new PC component

Hi.

I have recently upgraded my PC. The upgrade included:

• A 2GB DDR2 Kingmax RAM stick.
    • A 250GB SATA II Hitachi hard drive, which is a replacement for my old broken hard drive.
    • An NVIDIA GeForce 210.

I performed a clean install of Windows 7 after the hardware upgrade. After that, I upgraded to Windows 10. Since then, I have been encountering BSODs on a daily basis, even during normal computer use.

I think that the BSODs were caused by the new parts, and most likely caused by the new RAM stick, since I have not encountered this many BSODs before the hardware upgrade, when I was still using windows XP. Please help me find out the cause for the frequent BSODs.

I attached the debug file following the posting instructions. Thank you.

:)

lunateepsilon, Sep 19, 2015

2. Frequent BSOD's, possibly MB/GPU related

Have had frequent BSOD's for an extended period of time, which seem to be hardware related seeing as they have persisted through multiple OS installs as well as driver reinstalls. BSOD's occur when browsing online as well as when gaming, with visual artifacting
    followed by BSOD when the GPU hits 70 degrees celsius in games, no pattern for BSOD's when browsing online. Error codes have often referred to drivers, page files, threads, many USB related errors, and general exceptions. A full list of dumps from the past
    month have been compiled into the rar file available at the following link: http://1drv.ms/1Ri6XWx

Expecting to have to replace my motherboard or graphics card, just not sure which (or maybe both) is the issue. Memtest86 and Chkdsk showed no errors, and substituting RAM had no impact.

Thanks in Advance,

Tom Angus

Thomas Angus, Sep 19, 2015
  3. Frequent BSOD's, possibly MB/GPU related

These crashes were related to memory corruption (probably caused by a driver).

Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem. Please run verifier first. You do not need to run memtest yet unless verifier does not find the cause, or you want to.

If you are over-clocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
    In other words STOP!!! If you do not know what this means you probably are not

1-Driver verifier (for complete directions see our wiki here)

2-Memtest. (You can read more about running memtest here)

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Sep 19, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Frequent BSODs of unknown reason. Possibly caused by new PC component

Hi lunateepsilon,

Welcome to the 10forums.

I see you have KMSpico, for what is this used?

5. I apologize for the late reply. I started this thread, but completely forgot about it.

KMSpico was used to circumvent Microsoft Office registration check, and none other than that. My copy of windows is genuine, since I acquired the activation key from Dreamspark.

lunateepsilon, Sep 23, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please uninstall Office and remove KMSpico, this to rule out compatibility problems from cracked programs.

7. Thank you for your reply. Should I re-run the analyzer script and upload the result as well, after uninstalling Office?

lunateepsilon, Sep 23, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

Only if you get another bluescreen.
    It would not be necessary if you don't get another bluescreen.

9. Hi again. The problem persists after I have uninstalled Office and KMSpico. I also get BSODs whenever I wake my computer from sleep state.
    Here is the collected data, again.

lunateepsilon, Oct 2, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    Please remove Avast using the uninstall instructions
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSP.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSP.sys[/quote] Memory problems
    Code: Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote]

Frequent BSODs of unknown reason. Possibly caused by new PC component [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Thema:

1. Frequent BSODs of unknown reason. Possibly caused by new PC component - Similar Threads - Frequent BSODs unknown

2. Frequent BSOD on new pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD on new pc: Recently got a new pc a few months ago and its been in and out of being repaired due to blue screen issues. Whenever i am using unity engine or playing unity games they will crash and unity engine will blue screen when building, pc had a 4090 and people repairing thought it...
  3. Frequent BSOD on new pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSOD on new pc: Recently got a new pc a few months ago and its been in and out of being repaired due to blue screen issues. Whenever i am using unity engine or playing unity games they will crash and unity engine will blue screen when building, pc had a 4090 and people repairing thought it...
  4. Frequent BSODs with no obvious reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSODs with no obvious reason: Hi all,I have been trying to figure out what is going wrong with my computer for the past year and I'm honestly at my limit. It seems every day my PC will BSOD at least once. I have been getting a multitude of error messages and I cannot trace the problem to its source so I'm...
  5. Frequent BSODs with no obvious reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSODs with no obvious reason: Hi all,I have been trying to figure out what is going wrong with my computer for the past year and I'm honestly at my limit. It seems every day my PC will BSOD at least once. I have been getting a multitude of error messages and I cannot trace the problem to its source so I'm...
  6. BSOD due to unknown reason

BSOD due to unknown reason: Had a BSOD while booting while ago. It quickly rebooted so i could not catch the error code . Want to know what caused it. My laptop came from repairs last week. Want to check if something is related to that. Last few months got frequent BSOD due to feature update. Whenever i...
  7. Frequent BSOD with various reasons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Frequent BSOD with various reasons: Hello, I have been getting sporadic BSOD with reasons such as Memory Management or Kernel Security Checks off and on for months. I have tried everything I could find online from updating all my drivers and running the driver verifier to reinstalling windows entirely. As a...
  8. Frequent BSOD with different reasons

Frequent BSOD with different reasons: Lately my computer started to get BSOD every few days. I've uploaded minidumps and system info, and would appreciate your help. https://filetransfer.eu.dentons.com/pickup.php?claimID=pam6SkzP8CWb4c97&claimPasscode=mrpb2RaKyESAQ7PA...
  9. BSOD for unknown reason

BSOD for unknown reason: hello Microsoft Service Team, i bought a brand new pc and it is not working properly i tried to find out why but the BlueScreenView App is not helping. So the bug id code is: 0x00000101 I do not know where to upload my minidump file so i made a screenshot for you. thx...
  10. BSOD (Reason is completely unknown)

BSOD (Reason is completely unknown): So, some days ago i got Random BSOD (i thought Random), first i was thinking "Hmmm Propably some random Software issue" and i didnt even care but now i got almost everyday a BSOD. Just 1h ago i got one while watching Youtube and it didnt creat a dump file at all... Here...