Windows 10: Frequent BSODs with different causes

Discus and support Frequent BSODs with different causes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; https://i.imgur.com/AO6BgPk.png Picture with general error names Attachment 79858 50368 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by berkuhlee, May 14, 2016.

1. berkuhlee Win User

Frequent BSODs with different causes

berkuhlee, May 14, 2016
  2. Alan B Win User

Continuously receiving different Blue Screen of Death

Frequent and different BSODs is something frequently caused by faulty RAM memory.

Alan B, May 14, 2016
  3. Kris Ver Win User
    BSOD different causes

Thanks for the update.

Since you've already tried performing a clean install and the issue persists, this could be an issue with your hardware. We suggest that you
    contact your device manufacturer to check if they still have an option to perform a hardware diagnostics.

Regards.

Kris Ver, May 14, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi berkuhlee,

Please cleanup your partitions to free up at least 15% space on each partition, this is important to do as Windows needs it to perform background stuff without annoying the user.

Please make sure the firmware of your Sandisk SSD is up to date.

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

Frequent BSODs with different causes [​IMG]
    Warning Programs that claim to update your drivers install either the wrong or corrupted drivers.
    If you have installed any driver with Driver Genius Professional Edition, DriverTalent, DriverDoc or Driver Toolkit, please remove them as it may cause trouble.
    The recommended action to get rid of the changes is by using a restore point prior the use of these programs.

You had several crashes, but there are zero dumps present in the upload.
    If you have cleaned up your system in any way possible, stop doing so as it removes the dumps which have a high priority to have in analyzing.
    If you have not, go to %systemroot%\minidump, right click all dumps > send to > compressed (zipped) folder and upload the created zip file.

Diagnostics Test
    System File Check
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow says "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at %systemroot%\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

5. berkuhlee Win User
    Attachment 79870 here are my minidumps

berkuhlee, May 14, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please update or remove Netlimiter 4, it is causing many BSODs and is probably also the reason why the network drivers are being flagged more.
    Code: fffff803`0c6f6298 fffff800`05584e44Unable to load image nldrv.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nldrv.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nldrv.sys nldrv+0x4e44[/quote]

7. berkuhlee Win User
    Thanks! This might be the problem. Also I ran memtest overnight, it passed 4 times on 16gb of ram over 8 hours. Does it take longer with more ram?

berkuhlee, May 15, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

16GB takes average about 16-20h to complete 8 passes straight, though some have trouble and run 3-4 days MemTest86+ to test 8GB while 8GB should take about 8-10h. Why it sometimes takes extremely long I can't explain.

I've had another look at your dumps to look at the memory because you say you're running mixed memory in your system specs.
    It is not recommended to run mixed memory makes/models in a system, this can cause various of problems. I strongly advice to take out either of the models and use only 1 model at a time in a system.
    Code: [Memory Device (Type 17) - Length 40 - Handle 0042h] Physical Memory Array Handle 0041h Memory Error Info Handle [Not Provided] Total Width 64 bits Data Width 64 bits Size 4096MB Form Factor 09h - DIMM Device Set [None] Device Locator ChannelA-DIMM0 Bank Locator BANK 0 Memory Type 18h - Specification Reserved Type Detail 0080h - Synchronous Speed 1600MHz Manufacturer 0420 Serial Number Asset Tag Number Part Number F3-12800CL9-4GBXL [Memory Device (Type 17) - Length 40 - Handle 0044h] Physical Memory Array Handle 0041h Memory Error Info Handle [Not Provided] Total Width 64 bits Data Width 64 bits Size 4096MB Form Factor 09h - DIMM Device Set [None] Device Locator ChannelA-DIMM1 Bank Locator BANK 1 Memory Type 18h - Specification Reserved Type Detail 0080h - Synchronous Speed 1600MHz Manufacturer 1302 Serial Number Asset Tag Number Part Number 1600 CL9 Series [Memory Device (Type 17) - Length 40 - Handle 0046h] Physical Memory Array Handle 0041h Memory Error Info Handle [Not Provided] Total Width 64 bits Data Width 64 bits Size 4096MB Form Factor 09h - DIMM Device Set [None] Device Locator ChannelB-DIMM0 Bank Locator BANK 2 Memory Type 18h - Specification Reserved Type Detail 0080h - Synchronous Speed 1600MHz Manufacturer 0420 Serial Number Asset Tag Number Part Number F3-12800CL9-4GBXL [Memory Device (Type 17) - Length 40 - Handle 0048h] Physical Memory Array Handle 0041h Memory Error Info Handle [Not Provided] Total Width 64 bits Data Width 64 bits Size 4096MB Form Factor 09h - DIMM Device Set [None] Device Locator ChannelB-DIMM1 Bank Locator BANK 3 Memory Type 18h - Specification Reserved Type Detail 0080h - Synchronous Speed 1600MHz Manufacturer 1302 Serial Number Asset Tag Number Part Number 1600 CL9 Series[/quote]

9. berkuhlee Win User
    berkuhlee, May 17, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    There is no way someone can run mixed RAM safely the entire time during the lifetime of either the system or the memory.
    Though there may be others who do nothing else then use mixed RAM, but I strongly recommend against it, I've seen it multiple times being the cause of BSODs where an analyst would ask himself what the relation with the BSODs is.

Thema:

1. Frequent BSODs with different causes - Similar Threads - Frequent BSODs different

2. Frequent BSOD caused by ntkrnlmp.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSOD caused by ntkrnlmp.exe: Please, please, please help me figure this one out. I have been having BSOD for a while now and I haven’t been able to fix it.These are my laptop specs: OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 ProVersion 10.0.22621 Build 22621System Model HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop...
  3. ntoskrnl.exe frequently causes BSoDs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntoskrnl.exe frequently causes BSoDs: So, lately, I've been having increasingly frequent BSoDs, going from once a day to ridiculously frequent. I always get one of a few stopcodes that all, when searched, suggest driver issues, and they all seem to be caused by ntoskrnl.exe. When I check for drivers on Windows...
  4. ntoskrnl.exe frequently causes BSoDs

ntoskrnl.exe frequently causes BSoDs: So, lately, I've been having increasingly frequent BSoDs, going from once a day to ridiculously frequent. I always get one of a few stopcodes that all, when searched, suggest driver issues, and they all seem to be caused by ntoskrnl.exe. When I check for drivers on Windows...
  5. Frequent BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Frequent BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe: HiMy laptop just got BSOD fo 36 times in 3 days because ntoskrnl.exei tried to updating all driver, nothing changehere is my latest bsod dumpfilehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!ApqJX_9NRJGDgm88pidzFg5zRI2_...
  6. Frequent BSODs, different PCs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSODs, different PCs: Hello, I'm having problems with Windows 10 and my two PCs desktop and laptop. Both of them are having frequent BSODs starting early last month, but they are a little different. PC restarts after BSOD, while laptop doesn't. I have tried everything, from new OSes, to running...
  7. BSOD with different causes

BSOD with different causes: i get BSOD fairly regularly this month. everything is running on stock. no overclocking except for RAM xmp enabled. this build is all brand new and built about 2 months ago. can anyone please help me in finding out whats wrong. thank you very much. link to dump files and...
  8. Frequent BSOD with different reasons

Frequent BSOD with different reasons: Lately my computer started to get BSOD every few days. I've uploaded minidumps and system info, and would appreciate your help. https://filetransfer.eu.dentons.com/pickup.php?claimID=pam6SkzP8CWb4c97&claimPasscode=mrpb2RaKyESAQ7PA...
  9. BSOD Frequently with a Number of Different Causes

BSOD Frequently with a Number of Different Causes: I moved my desktop to Windows 10 Ocotober 2015 and all was fine until about 2 or 3 weeks ago, After a Windows update the OS started to behave unpredictably and get BSODs every 5 or 10 minutes for dufferent reasons OAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL,...
  10. Frequent BSODs with different errors

Frequent BSODs with different errors: Hi everyone. I've been having these random BSODs randomly and have been in and out of repair shops with my laptop and still couldn't figure out what's been causing them. I already had it reformatted because the repair guy told me it was probably a virus or a jumbled registry...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to cause different bsods