Windows 10: Frequent Crash including mouse crash

Discus and support Frequent Crash including mouse crash in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I don't know if this is the right forum to post this in but for the past few weeks my computer will stop working and when I finally get some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ybliku2, May 10, 2017.

1. ybliku2 Win User

Frequent Crash including mouse crash

Hi, I don't know if this is the right forum to post this in but for the past few weeks my computer will stop working and when I finally get some reaction from it there will be a notice at the bottom of the page that says something like "msn has stopped working" then another spot says "Recover webpage". Or at other times I will not move my mouse for a few minutes and then when I try it has shut down making me turn it off and back on. This seems to have started right after an update from Microsoft, but not sure which one because it was when there was several ones coming in succession. I don't know what to do to research it. I have attempted to look around at things in the task manager, but it is pretty much foreign to me. What are some of the troubleshooting tools I can use? I have ran the common ones and it shows that everything is working properly. I am so frustrated with this PC that I feel like tossing it out. I truthfully have had many problems with Windows 10 and I am not real fond of it. I do not use Edge at all because I don't want to feel like something like Cortana is following me around. lol. But, I am not good with figuring out this system and I don't know what most of the technical jargon is. So, for anyone that attempts to assist, you may have your hands full on this one. Sorry. Just want to be honest with you up front so you will know if you want to take this on. Thank you and I hope someone knows exactly what is going on so it will be easy for me and for you.

:)

ybliku2, May 10, 2017
  2. Lego M M Win User

No keyboard, no mouse, no trackpad.

Basically, my device has been crashing, after the latest crash, my mouse and keyboard both failed, my USB mouse worked, so I attempted windows driver troubleshoot. Restarted after troubleshooting, no mouse driver! All of it works in BIOS and "Windows didn't
    load correctly" screen. The Windows not loading screen happens every time it fails to shut down correctly cause of the frequent BSODs.

Laptop specs:

MakerFrequent Crash including mouse crash :Dell

Processor:i7-4710HQ

RAM:16GBs

Storage: 1 TB HDD (boot) 128 GB SSD

GFX: 980M

Lego M M, May 10, 2017
  3. Windows Explorer crashes since most recent Security update

Just letting you know where I stand. I have not had any crashes of any kind, including Explorer crashes. There have been six or seven Microsoft updates since the beginning of the month, so I'm assuming this was actually a known problem (frequent Windows
    Explorer fails) that they fixed. Thanks again for your help.

AbbyManheim, May 10, 2017
  4. Frequent Crash including mouse crash

Hi ybliku2. Welcome to the TenForums @ybliku2.

Lets start with the basics. What version and build of Windows 10 are you using?

Press the Windows Key down, hold and press X. In the menu that opens click on System. Post back Version and Build number. The trouble shooters were relocated between Version 1607 and 1703.

Do the Windows + X again and click on Command Prompt (admin). In box that opens run SFC /scannow. Post back results.
    (If Command Prompt (admin) is not in menu click on PowerShell (admin).

Are you running Wirelessly or wired?

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 10, 2017
  5. ybliku2 Win User
    I am running Version 1703 and Build 15063.332. I will run the scan now and get it posted. Like I said. I have been under the weather and not felt much like being on here. I have had a really bad case of poison ivy. Yuck.
    Thank you so much for getting back to me.
    This computer is wireless.

ybliku2, Jun 10, 2017
  6. ybliku2 Win User
    I am not sure how to post the log file here because it is rather long and this computer is very quirky acting right now. It said it found and fixed some errors. Should I go ahead and try to post to this? Will await your reply.

ybliku2, Jun 10, 2017
  7. I would re-run scan. Should come up clean. Then I would monitor situation.

Glad were doing this electronically. I don't do well with itching. Speedy recovery!

Caledon Ken, Jun 10, 2017
  8. ybliku2 Win User

Thank you and yes, electronically is definitely the way to spare you from the agony...lol. By saying scan should be clean now, what happened and what can I personally do to avoid the same thing from happening in the future? Thank you. Will run again.

ybliku2, Jun 12, 2017
  9. You can't prevent all corruption. It happens so MS built tool.

Now that being said things to avoid or manage.

I use a UPS so power is constant and correct value, a good AV and caution as to what I look at and open, the occasional disk check, patience, if something doesn't happen as it normally does I avoid the reset and power button and most important, use an Imaging tool.

Something like Macrium Reflect. A regular Imaging schedule means you can fall back as required.

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Frequent Crash including mouse crash - Similar Threads - Frequent Crash including

2. Valorant Frequently crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Valorant Frequently crashing: Most two cases1. In the middle of playing game it will randomly crash, and from then on, it will always crash join in the game.2.When my pc at launching theme, it can't launch in main menu and constantly crash.I have already try almost all the methods on reddit or other...
  3. Frequent Crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent Crashes: I have been recently having to deal with a lot of crashes. I recently updated my hardware, and they got worse, but they were active even before that. I have crashes when running games, and also when launching my pc. When these happen, my screen freezes up, but does not turn...
  4. Frequent crashes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Frequent crashes: Split from this thread. Hello I am facing Problem About Win 10 Pro Installation , each and evry time it get crash. i try everything trick. error Stop code critical processes died. always come this when i final my installation. Please Help me....
  5. Frequent System Crashes

Frequent System Crashes: Hi internet tech wizards, I've been getting a lot of blue screens and other issues lately, and I was wondering if there was anything glaringly obvious in thisEvent Log that stands out to you folk. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks...
  6. Frequent Crashes

Frequent Crashes: Hello, so my computer has been crashing constantly for the past 2 weeks and I have looked online for answers but could not find any. Here is my dmp file- https://1drv.ms/u/s!AocWXEIIIEsMrxosR4kzyXe9_z9b?e=kOTYZa...
  7. Frequent Crashes.

Frequent Crashes.: As the title suggests, I'm having a lot of crashes on my new system. I have 4 of the more recent crashes saved in a folder that I'll leave a link to in the post. My system is brand new with all new hardware. Aside from a couple of hard drives that I transferred from my old...
  8. frequent crashing

frequent crashing: why computer freezes and then crashes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/frequent-crashing/b0f14780-c550-4885-9e15-ba20bec8b38f
  9. Frequent crashes

Frequent crashes: My T420s crashes at least once a week. Has been doing so for a long time. I'm sending the analysis files along with this post. Thanks in advance. 45122
  10. Frequent Crashes

Frequent Crashes: Right now I have 3 large monitors. When the crash happens my display freezes on my primary monitor and the other monitors go black. On windows 8 it would go straight to BSOD and on 10 it shows the last thing i was looking at.\ The crash typically occurs when I am using...