Windows 10: Frequent CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSODs on Dell XPS 15 9550

Discus and support Frequent CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSODs on Dell XPS 15 9550 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As the title says, I'm getting a bunch of critical process died errors, usually within 30-60 minutes of booting up a game. Sometimes it happens within... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by furbinator, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Frequent CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSODs on Dell XPS 15 9550

As the title says, I'm getting a bunch of critical process died errors, usually within 30-60 minutes of booting up a game. Sometimes it happens within 15 minutes, and sometimes it's not connected to gaming at all. Would greatly appreciate any help!

:)

furbinator, Dec 30, 2015

2. Windows 10 Screen Automatically Extends

No, I have a Dell XPS 15-9550 with the Thunderbold 3 dock.

OlliPetrus, Dec 30, 2015
  3. BSOD win32kfull.sys on Dell XPS 15 9550

Hi James,

Corrupted system files, virus, and malware infection are few examples that may cause this issue. To help resolve the issue, follow the recommended solutions below:

Solution 1: Windows Update

Getting the latest Windows version and build may help avoid the issue. Follow the step below to check for the available update:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Update and Security.
    • Click Check for updates.
    Solution 2: Check for Virus and Malware infection

Using your anti-virus program, scan your computer for possible virus and malware infection. If you are using Windows Defender, click this
    link
    to know how you can protect your computer.

Solution 3:
    System File Checker tool (SFC)

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Dec 30, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Frequent CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSODs on Dell XPS 15 9550

Frequent CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSODs on Dell XPS 15 9550 [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    Frequent CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSODs on Dell XPS 15 9550 [​IMG]
    Clean boot
    Please try the following:
    • Open taskmanager
      • Go to the tab startup
      • disable everything
    • Search msconfig and open it
      • Go to the tab services
      • Check 'hide microsoft services'
      • Uncheck all other services
      • Click apply and click ok
    • Reboot if asked
    See if the problem persist, if the problem does not persist enable in the startup tab in taskmanager 1 item and in the services tab in msconfig also 1 service, reboot and see if the problem persist. Keep doing this until you find the culprit or there is nothing left.
    If the problem still persist, try booting in safe mode and see if the problem still persist

Thema:

Frequent CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSODs on Dell XPS 15 9550

1. Frequent CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSODs on Dell XPS 15 9550 - Similar Threads - Frequent CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSODs

2. Upgrade Old Dell XPS 15 9550 vs Buying New Dell XPS Laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrade Old Dell XPS 15 9550 vs Buying New Dell XPS Laptop?: Hey all. I posted this a while back but did not get a new battery nor get a new computer. My laptop battery is now 2.5 years and about 92% worn out. I had bought a replacement for it 2.5 years ago when the originally battery lasted for 1.5 years. So I mentioned I play online...
  3. Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Stuttering Sound Issues?

Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Stuttering Sound Issues?: I had this laptop for a few years already. Not long ago, when i was playing online poker, that is what I do mostly on it, I notice there was like a stuttering sound and when this happens, my 2 monitors connected to laptop stutters with the sound and many times even closes the...
  4. Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Stuttering Sound Issues?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Stuttering Sound Issues?: I had this laptop for a few years already. Not long ago, when i was playing online poker, that is what I do mostly on it, I notice there was like a stuttering sound and when this happens, my 2 monitors connected to laptop stutters with the sound and many times even closes the...
  5. Dell XPS 9550 TB16 Dock

Dell XPS 9550 TB16 Dock: Greetings I am having difficulty with Windows 10 not recognizing my thunderbolt dock from a cold start. Here are the hardware/OS details: XPS 9550 TB16 Thunderbolt Dock Windows 10 Pro 1903 18362.388 I have 2 Windows 10 installations. An OEM that came with the machine and a...
  6. Dell XPS 9550 TB16 Dock

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS 9550 TB16 Dock: Greetings I am having difficulty with Windows 10 not recognizing my thunderbolt dock from a cold start. Here are the hardware/OS details: XPS 9550 TB16 Thunderbolt Dock Windows 10 Pro 1903 18362.388 I have 2 Windows 10 installations. An OEM that came with the machine and a...
  7. Dell XPS 15 9550 Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell XPS 15 9550 Keeps Crashing: I just bought this dell xps 15 9550 second hand about a week ago and it seems to crash each time i use it for over a couple of hours, blue screen saying your pc ran into a problem, 0% and then restarts immediately with no major issues. Initially thought it was because it was...
  8. Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Turns On But Won't Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Turns On But Won't Start: NewHey all would like advice on this as i'm freaking out. I turned on my dell xps today and when i do, i get that dell logo and then nothing happens, it stays on that logo. I then powered it off and turned it on again few times... same thing, does not load. I have had this...
  9. XPS 15 9550 BSOD Extravaganza

XPS 15 9550 BSOD Extravaganza: I so wanted to give this thread a better title but I just cannot for the life of me determine exactly what's going on. It started happening several days ago. At first it seemed related to whether or not I was on wireless, but that theory got debunked. Sometimes it happens...
  10. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD in Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD in Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop: So I'm getting these random BSOD's in my new Dell XPS 15 9550 laptop with its SSD replaced with an M.2 Samsung 950 Pro 512GB SSD. The weird thing is that when it BSOD's, it's stuck at 0% in the dump process. What I did was to reformat the whole system, installed Windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. constant bsod dell xps 13 critical process died