Windows 10: Frequent different BSOD errors after installing win10 on new build

Discus and support Frequent different BSOD errors after installing win10 on new build in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have recently finished my first build and powered it up, installed windows to my SSD and downloaded most of the drivers/Ultility from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by markson, Jul 5, 2018.

1. markson Win User

Frequent different BSOD errors after installing win10 on new build

Hi guys, I have recently finished my first build and powered it up, installed windows to my SSD and downloaded most of the drivers/Ultility from Gigabyte’s website for my mobo. However I am getting very frequent BSOD errors with differeing texts. For example some were DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED or SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. Usually the messages are different. Also they occur much more frequently if I am trying to download a large file, for example I tried installing fortnite and Dota 2, both of which caused a BSOD or a complete freeze of my computer.

The computer itself is all new parts, however the SSD was from my old computer, which I secure erased and then reinstalled Windows 10 to after assembly.
    Thanks for your help in advance.
    DESKTOP-1K8KD2E-Thu_05_07_2018_144841_00.zip

:)

markson, Jul 5, 2018
  2. cplpro Win User

7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile Frequent different BSOD errors after installing win10 on new build :)

cplpro, Jul 5, 2018
  3. trickson Win User
    7 different BSoD

First off this is what I went through once I installed them 11.1 drivers . BSOD till I had to reinstall the OS .
    It seems that some maybe missing the point here this STARTED for you after you installed the 11.1 drivers and then as it would seem you are getting them after a clean install of the old drivers . Correct ? If so have you wiped the HDD and did a clean install of the OS ?
    If not then I would do this before thinking your cards are going out .

trickson, Jul 5, 2018
  4. Smurfmans Win User

Frequent and random appearing BSOD 'internal power error'.

Here are the magician screenshots:

Disk Drive

Frequent different BSOD errors after installing win10 on new build [​IMG]

SMART button:

These tests didn't take long. Perhaps I missed a checkbox?

Also good to mention, I always get this message when starting " Samsung Magician":

I installed the SSD drive during Christmas 2016. I tried different drivers etc, but this message always came back.
    As my PC worked perfectly at that time, I let it rest in the end and used the lastest microsoft driver that windows update installed.

As to the steps in post #22. I did not yet executed these steps, so I cannot give you an update just yet.
    I hesitate a bit, because they seem to bring me in a new level of computer repair&analysis - into an area that is new to me. A bit out of my "comfort zone", and I need time to familiarize myself with these enhanced steps, so that I feel myself capable enough of doing them, without fearing to screw up my PC. Please give me some time for this. Frequent different BSOD errors after installing win10 on new build :) I will try to do this during this weekend.

I also didn't come round into doing steps 10 and 11 from post #8. Should I still do these?

Smurfmans, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Frequent different BSOD errors after installing win10 on new build - Similar Threads - Frequent different BSOD

2. Frequent BSOD's with different error codes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSOD's with different error codes.: I have been having frequent BSODs. Different errors each time. Common errors are irql_not_less_or_equal, system_service_exception, page_fault_in_nonpaged_area. Sometimes it is accompanied by ntoskrnl.exe failed. I have updated all the drivers, ran all tests from the forums...
  3. Frequent BSODs with several different errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSODs with several different errors: Hello. I've been having trouble with my machine for the past few weeks now, getting freezes in applications sometimes and experiencing plenty of BSOD's, surprisingly all of them having a different error message every time. I ran a Memtest but it didn't find anything wrong...
  4. Frequent BSODs with several different errors

Frequent BSODs with several different errors: Hello. I've been having trouble with my machine for the past few weeks now, getting freezes in applications sometimes and experiencing plenty of BSOD's, surprisingly all of them having a different error message every time. I ran a Memtest but it didn't find anything wrong...
  5. BSOD during Win10 Install on new build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD during Win10 Install on new build: Hey there, I finished my new PC and am trying to use the media creation tool to install windows 10, however during the installation process usually early on after copying files I get a BSOD and my system restarts. I can get into the Bios and all my components are shown there....
  6. BSOD during Win10 Install on new build

BSOD during Win10 Install on new build: Hey there, I finished my new PC and am trying to use the media creation tool to install windows 10, however during the installation process usually early on after copying files I get a BSOD and my system restarts. I can get into the Bios and all my components are shown there....
  7. BSOD during Win10 Install on new build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Multiple BSOD intermittently with different errors in new build

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple BSOD intermittently with different errors in new build: Hi there Just hoping for some help with some sporadic BSOD every hour or few hours on a new build with fresh install. Different errors each time including: Clock watchdog timeout DPC watchdog violation APC index mismatch pagefault in nonpaged area Configuration:...
  9. BSODs frequently happening after fresh Win10 install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs frequently happening after fresh Win10 install: DESKTOP-90J7JR8-(2020-12-02_23-19-58).zip I am getting BSODs on my Win10 gaming PC (version 20H2, build 19042.630). I was getting a ton of BSODs a while back and did a fresh install of Win10 in an attempt to easily fix these issues. That very night, the first BSOD occurred,...
  10. Frequent BSODs with different errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSODs with different errors: Hi everyone. I've been having these random BSODs randomly and have been in and out of repair shops with my laptop and still couldn't figure out what's been causing them. I already had it reformatted because the repair guy told me it was probably a virus or a jumbled registry...