Windows 10: Frequent Disconnections

Discus and support Frequent Disconnections in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For some time now I have been getting frequent disconnections most days. There Are some days when its ok but more often than not I will get several 1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by swarfega, May 26, 2016.

1. swarfega Win User

Frequent Disconnections

For some time now I have been getting frequent disconnections most days. There Are some days when its ok but more often than not I will get several 1 second disconnections a day and then it comes back online.

We recently had an engineer out to modernise our main telephone faceplate as the original one was rather old so I don' think that is the likely cause.

My internet is provided by a powerline 1200 adaptor with gigabit ports. It only connects to my PC.

We have 3 PCs with internet, a few mobile devices which use WiFi and one tv with a powerline adaptor.

Our electrical circuit and associated wall sockets are quite old and I wonder if they may possibly need updating also.

I have the latest stable build.

There seems to be no pattern to the disconnections.

I rely on an stable internet connection for my work so its annoying when I have this issue.

Its rather late here now so I'll check back here tomorrow.

:)

swarfega, May 26, 2016

2. Frequent Wi-Fi Disconnections

Based on the information that you have provided, there is a possibility that the distance of the computer from the router can cause the issue. However, you can also perform the suggested solutions on this

link
    to resolve the issue.

If you are still experiencing the same issue after performing the steps, we recommend that you try to move the computer within at least less than 20 feet away from the router. After that, check if there is a difference with the
    connection status.

Let us know how it goes.

Loraine Mon, May 26, 2016
  3. Frequent Wi-Fi Disconnections

Thank you for replying.

1. The issue has become the most noticeable when I moved to the house I am currently at. My router is on the ground floor and my computer is on the third floor. Thing is my iPad (yuck) can connect just fine up here.

2.. Yes I would experience very infrequent disconnections (Like once a week compared to every half hour here.).

3. No

4. I believe 3-4, so not many

5. It happens in all games and also when I am not gaming

Thank you for helping me!

TheLumpyBananaMan, May 26, 2016
  4. Frequent Disconnections

I had a similar problem, which the technician was unable to fix. After a few months of having to unplug my router and plug it back in, the company repaired some downed lines in my area, and the problem went away. There might be other causes, but that's one possibility.

gregyurkon, May 27, 2016
Thema:

Frequent Disconnections

1. Frequent Disconnections - Similar Threads - Frequent Disconnections

2. Frequent Mouse and Keyboard Disconnection Issue in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent Mouse and Keyboard Disconnection Issue in Windows 11: Hello everyone, I've been experiencing an issue with my mouse and keyboard disconnecting frequently recently. I have confirmed the health of both the keyboard and mouse. The problem is such that both the mouse and keyboard disconnect every few seconds, and I have to wait for...
  3. Frequent Mouse and Keyboard Disconnection Issue in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent Mouse and Keyboard Disconnection Issue in Windows 11: Hello everyone, I've been experiencing an issue with my mouse and keyboard disconnecting frequently recently. I have confirmed the health of both the keyboard and mouse. The problem is such that both the mouse and keyboard disconnect every few seconds, and I have to wait for...
  4. Wifi frequently disconnects from laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi frequently disconnects from laptop: Wifi frequently disconnects from my laptop after being idle for a few minutes and also when sleeping. I tried to change the power management settings for the network adapter but there is no such tab listed. This seems to be a widespread issue for which I've read through...
  5. Wifi frequently disconnects from laptop

Wifi frequently disconnects from laptop: Wifi frequently disconnects from my laptop after being idle for a few minutes and also when sleeping. I tried to change the power management settings for the network adapter but there is no such tab listed. This seems to be a widespread issue for which I've read through...
  6. Wifi connection keeps disconnecting frequently on my Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi connection keeps disconnecting frequently on my Windows 10 PC: My HP PC WiFi connection keeps disconnecting frequently on my Windows 10 PC. My WiFi is working, just my PC keeps disconnecting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-connection-keeps-disconnecting-frequently-on/bf5d9f88-4398-4ccf-b423-fda7e83e54d6
  7. Wifi connection keeps disconnecting frequently on my Windows 10 PC

Wifi connection keeps disconnecting frequently on my Windows 10 PC: My HP PC WiFi connection keeps disconnecting frequently on my Windows 10 PC. My WiFi is working, just my PC keeps disconnecting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-connection-keeps-disconnecting-frequently-on/bf5d9f88-4398-4ccf-b423-fda7e83e54d6
  8. Wifi connection keeps disconnecting frequently on my Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Why WIFI keeps disconnecting frequently?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why WIFI keeps disconnecting frequently?: I always face this problem, I use TP-Link usb adapter and the router is Nokia 5G I searched and literally tried all the ways and nothing has worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wifi-keeps-disconnecting-frequently/d6f11730-b10e-47a5-b730-2df7a2a27c22
  10. Why WIFI keeps disconnecting frequently?

Why WIFI keeps disconnecting frequently?: I always face this problem, I use TP-Link usb adapter and the router is Nokia 5G I searched and literally tried all the ways and nothing has worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wifi-keeps-disconnecting-frequently/d6f11730-b10e-47a5-b730-2df7a2a27c22