Windows 10: Frequent Edge Content Process Crashes

Discus and support Frequent Edge Content Process Crashes in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, For some reason, when checking the Reliability Graph, it shows a lot of crashes of the Microsoft Edge Content Process. I have no idea what... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JohnnyGui, Jan 31, 2018.

1. JohnnyGui Win User

Frequent Edge Content Process Crashes

Hello,

For some reason, when checking the Reliability Graph, it shows a lot of crashes of the Microsoft Edge Content Process. I have no idea what triggers this. Here's the log (Dutch):

Bron
    Microsoft Edge Content Process

Overzicht
    Werkt niet meer

Datum
    ‎1-‎2-‎2018 00:07

Status
    Verzonden rapport

Beschrijving
    Pad naar toepassing met fout: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe

Probleem met handtekening
    Naam van probleemgebeurtenis: MoAppCrash
    Volledige pakketnaam: Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_41.16299.15.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Naam van de toepassing: praid:ContentProcess
    Versie van toepassing: 11.0.16299.15
    Tijdstempel van toepassing: 59cda7cd
    Naam van foutmodule: edgehtml.dll
    Versie van foutmodule: 11.0.16299.192
    Tijdstempel van foutmodule: f93e5331
    Uitzonderingscode: c0000005
    Uitzonderingsmarge: 00000000001b5a1a
    Versie van besturingssysteem: 10.0.16299.2.0.0.256.48
    Landinstelling-id: 1043
    Aanvullende informatie 1: 30b6
    Aanvullende informatie 2: 30b69cb73ceb746bde255ba8a80b4150
    Aanvullende informatie 3: 4b65
    Aanvullende informatie 4: 4b65e61bcb883540137c5ad6c8c64e91

Extra informatie over het probleem
    Bucket-id: 8c288243838e5dc2e694ae0449c029d4 (1627116698828024276)

I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 with the Fall Creators Update. I do notice that this problem is occurring since I have cleanly installed the Fall Creators Update. I have attached the dump file. Doing an "sfc/ scannow" doesn't show any problems.

What might be the cause of this and how do I fix it?

:)

JohnnyGui, Jan 31, 2018
  2. Nadia_Cullen, Jan 31, 2018
  3. multiple MS Edge & MS Edge Content Process running, memory warning.

As I look at Task Manager, there are 3 separate entries for Microsoft Edge in Task Manager. There also used to be 2 separate MS Edge Content Process. I've started nothing else since I restarted the computer, There was a memory warning saying to close
    programs to free up memory, but I've started nothing else but Edge, which has been running for the past 4 hours. I clicked on "End Task" for all MS Edge listings. After a couple of times MS Edge Content Process hasn't returned. Even though I did the same
    for all the Edge entries, it's still open, and all MS Edge listings keep returning. 10 minutes later, one 'Edge is using 145.2 MB memory, the 2nd 72.4 MB, and the last is using 18.3 MB memory. At the time of the memory warning 2 of the 'Edge listing were
    using approximately 300 MB combined. There's nothing else running except for McAfee Scanner service @ 70 MB, which is even in that neighborhood.

Under the Details tab on Task Manager, Microsoft Edge CP #1 is using 150, 322 k, Microsoft Edge CP #2 is using 73,932 k., Microsoft Edge is using 15,276k.

Why the 3 running MS Edge entries? And why, when I ended them in Task Manager, did Edge not close but stayed onscreen and relaunched? Once I closed them and they relaunched with less memory usage, the memory warning disappeared. Should any browser use
    so much memory that it causes a warning?

sam8988378, Jan 31, 2018
  4. Tony K Win User

Hi there. You may want to try this:

Settings app > Apps > Scroll down and right click Microsoft Edge > Advanced option > Scroll down to use repair or reset.

Tony K, Jan 31, 2018
  5. JohnnyGui Win User
    Apologies for the late reply. So I did what you said and so far there are no crashes. But then again, i'ts completely random and I had long periods of time without these crashes. Anyway, so far so good. I'll let you know if the crash happens again.

Thanks for the advice!

JohnnyGui, Feb 7, 2018
  6. JohnnyGui Win User
    So after 2 weeks being free of this error, it just happened yesterday again. I must say though that it didn't make the 2 weeks period before. Perhaps the cause is a specific website that I visit?

JohnnyGui, Feb 15, 2018
  7. Have you tried clearing your browsing data. That would be my first step.

What AV product are you using.

You mentioned a possible web site you visit. Is there one that comes to mind, one you haven't been to in two weeks and were at recently?

Caledon Ken, Feb 15, 2018
  8. torre Win User

I receive similar errors in the Reliability Graph and Event Viewer but it does not effect the performance of Edge as I can see.

I share your concern about the Reliability Graph and Event Viewer, but sometimes it is "No Harm, No Foul" imo.

torre, Feb 15, 2018
  9. JohnnyGui Win User
    I alread have cleared my browsing data yes, and the issue didn't occur for 2 weeks. I'm using Windows Defender. Unfortunately I can't think of a particular website, I'm not recognizing any pattern either by looking at my browsing history. Gonna try some Java supported websites.

Kind of an relief that someone else is having this. Perhaps I'm a bit OCD'ish regarding this but the thing is that it occurred quite frequently (sometimes 4 times a day). I wouldn't be bothered with if it just happened once in a while.

JohnnyGui, Feb 15, 2018
  10. Sorry, if you were following Tony K's suggestion that was more than just clearing browser data. So if you just clear browser data does the issue go away or do you have to reset Edge.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Frequent Edge Content Process Crashes - Similar Threads - Frequent Edge Content

2. Frequent Crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent Crashes: I have been recently having to deal with a lot of crashes. I recently updated my hardware, and they got worse, but they were active even before that. I have crashes when running games, and also when launching my pc. When these happen, my screen freezes up, but does not turn...
  3. Chrome and edge crashing frequently

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome and edge crashing frequently: Everything was working fine yesterday, I always use chrome but today when I opened Discord and tried to change the channel the page froze and then chrome closed without any warning the same happens in reddit as it also freezes after being in the page for a moment, I havent...
  4. Frequent crashes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Frequent crashes: Split from this thread. Hello I am facing Problem About Win 10 Pro Installation , each and evry time it get crash. i try everything trick. error Stop code critical processes died. always come this when i final my installation. Please Help me....
  5. Frequent Crashes

Frequent Crashes: Hello, so my computer has been crashing constantly for the past 2 weeks and I have looked online for answers but could not find any. Here is my dmp file- https://1drv.ms/u/s!AocWXEIIIEsMrxosR4kzyXe9_z9b?e=kOTYZa...
  6. Microsoft Edge Content Process has stopped working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Content Process has stopped working in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many programs in Windows use helper processes to make sure they can get the job done earlier. Microsoft Edge uses one such process called Edge Content Process. Such system processes are loaded as soon as you start Windows, and this [...] This post Microsoft...
  7. Frequent Crashes.

Frequent Crashes.: As the title suggests, I'm having a lot of crashes on my new system. I have 4 of the more recent crashes saved in a folder that I'll leave a link to in the post. My system is brand new with all new hardware. Aside from a couple of hard drives that I transferred from my old...
  8. frequent crashing

frequent crashing: why computer freezes and then crashes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/frequent-crashing/b0f14780-c550-4885-9e15-ba20bec8b38f
  9. Frequent crashes

Frequent crashes: My T420s crashes at least once a week. Has been doing so for a long time. I'm sending the analysis files along with this post. Thanks in advance. 45122
  10. Frequent Crashes

Frequent Crashes: Right now I have 3 large monitors. When the crash happens my display freezes on my primary monitor and the other monitors go black. On windows 8 it would go straight to BSOD and on 10 it shows the last thing i was looking at.\ The crash typically occurs when I am using...