Windows 10: Frequent FPS & CPU Usage Drop

Discus and support Frequent FPS & CPU Usage Drop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having an issue that has almost conflicting parameters. Every 15-30 seconds or so (though it can be every few seconds or once every 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by fuwang, May 26, 2016.

1. fuwang Win User

Frequent FPS & CPU Usage Drop

Hi, I'm having an issue that has almost conflicting parameters.

Every 15-30 seconds or so (though it can be every few seconds or once every 10 minutes) my FPS will plummet and my CPU usage will suddenly drop dramatically. This is confusing to me because I'd think that normally FPS would drop when resources are capped out, but apparently not.

I'm on Windows 10 64-bit and this has been going on for about a week. It isn't game specific, though I've only tested on Dota 2 and League of Legends, I don't think it's an issue with the programs. I've attached a screenshot of Dota 2 with the fps shown and Task Manager's Resource tab. The fan also goes crazy, which doesn't make sense since supposedly the CPU is being used less.

I know this probably isn't a lot to diagnose off of, but could I have some tips for the types of tests I should run and things I should look for?

:)

fuwang, May 26, 2016

2. Windows 10 FPS Low FPS in War Thunder game

Under Windows 10 I have FPS drops to around 20FPS

CPU usage First core 100% all others 18-28% * overall cpu usage 50-55%

In windows 7 all 4 cores 100-95% * overall cpu usage 95-98% 60FPS wits small dips to 59 * Preset High

MY PC spec:

X4 860k @ 4.4Ghz

8GB(2x4GB) 1866 CL9 Ram

Club 3d 7790 @ 1285/1700

Any idea how to convince Win 10 to better utilize CPU in this game ?

In other games I not have this issue example in Witcher 3 I have near to 100% overall CPU usage and decent FPS.

This issue do not exist in Windows 10 beta period.

Cheers

KrzysztofKrólik, May 26, 2016
  3. High cpu usage anf fps drop in cs go

I am using lenovo g580 laptop and it has a intel i3 processor ......i have upgraded my ram to 10 gb and it was working fine .......but after few month my cpu usage goes upto 70% ....but previously it was highly 40%.....and so i cannot play cs go as
    the fps drop from 60 fps to 10-20 fps......pls help .....

wridip sarkar, May 26, 2016
Thema:

Frequent FPS & CPU Usage Drop

1. Frequent FPS & CPU Usage Drop - Similar Threads - Frequent FPS CPU

2. CPU Usage drops to very low frequently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU Usage drops to very low frequently: Hello, I'm on a laptop, and in the past few months I have been having a very strange problem. My CPU frequently drops from around 70-80% usage to 13% usage every few minutes. When this happens, my FPS in any games I am playing drops to 1, and any videos I have playing start...
  3. CPU Usage drops to very low frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Usage drops to very low frequently: Hello, I'm on a laptop, and in the past few months I have been having a very strange problem. My CPU frequently drops from around 70-80% usage to 13% usage every few minutes. When this happens, my FPS in any games I am playing drops to 1, and any videos I have playing start...
  4. CPU Usage drops to very low frequently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. low cpu and gpu usage causing fps drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    low cpu and gpu usage causing fps drops: i have a hp omen gaming laptop with i7-10875h and rtx 3070. my laptop run pretty smooth while gaming and had my gpu usage was 98% and rare fps drop before but now both my cpu and gpu usage fluctuates a lot, and rarely hit above 70%. i have tried a lot of things but no...
  6. low cpu and gpu usage causing fps drops

low cpu and gpu usage causing fps drops: i have a hp omen gaming laptop with i7-10875h and rtx 3070. my laptop run pretty smooth while gaming and had my gpu usage was 98% and rare fps drop before but now both my cpu and gpu usage fluctuates a lot, and rarely hit above 70%. i have tried a lot of things but no...
  7. low cpu usage and fps drop during games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    low cpu usage and fps drop during games: First of all if you can answer my question in Turkish I will be happy. Yesterday I upgraded my GPU and bought new m.2 SSD. after that I installed Win 11. Win 11 automaticly installed AMD software that I never use. Because my gpu is nvidia and I am using that. After that I...
  8. low cpu usage and fps drop during games

low cpu usage and fps drop during games: First of all if you can answer my question in Turkish I will be happy. Yesterday I upgraded my GPU and bought new m.2 SSD. after that I installed Win 11. Win 11 automaticly installed AMD software that I never use. Because my gpu is nvidia and I am using that. After that I...
  9. Frequent FPS drops in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent FPS drops in Windows 10: I have built my own PC some months ago and some time after I did it I started experiencing frequent FPS drops not only in games but overall in whatever I use browser, games or even browsing files. I've tried to re-install windows with formatted disks but the problem occured...
  10. High CPU Usage While Gaming Causing FPS Drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High CPU Usage While Gaming Causing FPS Drops: Hey Guys I've been getting high CPU usage, almost 100% when playing games like Rainbow Six Siege, PUBG, CSGO, Apex Legends causing me to lose a lot of fps ever since I updated to windows 10, a couple of weeks ago and I've never had this problem in windows 8.1. I would...