Windows 10: Frequent system hangs

Discus and support Frequent system hangs in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; HI: I am seeing frequent hangs of varying times after reboot. Many times a few minutes after boot, often 15 minutes after boot, once as long as 5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Sanssail, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Sanssail Win User

Frequent system hangs

HI:
    I am seeing frequent hangs of varying times after reboot. Many times a few minutes after boot, often 15 minutes after boot, once as long as 5 hours till requested shutdown. Typically most activity freezes things, the mouse might still work but wont respond to a click, sometime screen goes blank, sometimes reboots. On one occasion that I caught " .net optimization service" was compute bound on 1 core showing 100% total disk activity, but no process had any disk activity.
    Hopefully the .zip file attachment is correct, I was a bit confused by the instructions.

:)

Sanssail, Jul 31, 2015

2. Clock/System hangs intermittently but frequently

Well so far I have not gotten an answer from xbox forums. Now it seems they have decided to redo the forums and all the previous stuff I had submitted seems to have disappeared. So much for that! It appears to me that it is a Windows 10 problem as I don't
    have the issue on Win 7. My guess is that if someone would take ownership of this problem it would get resolved. Nothing is gonna happen if you guys keep passing the buck, "not my problem". One thing I have seen is a lot of dissatisfaction with gaming on Win
    10/Xbox. I have had several friends, etc ask me about Windows 10 and I have not given a green light to any of them,simply because of this issue. You want to sell it, fix it!

Tony_McBride, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Clock/System hangs intermittently but frequently

I am getting no where with this issue, is anyone working on a fix or resolution. I checked on the xbox forum side and am not having any luck there either.

Tony_McBride, Jul 31, 2015
  4. jeffryj11 Win User

Frequent system hangs

I am having the same exact issue.
    My system will lock up after boot but not right away.
    Sometimes its 1 hour later and sometimes 3-4 hours later.
    I installed the Windows 10 free upgrade on my windows 7 machine.
    I previously had Windows 10 builds on the same machine up until the last build but with all of the updates the past month, I did a fresh install of Windows 7 until the full release of 10 came out.
    Now with the official release it wont run.
    All prior builds worked fine other than the constant updating.

jeffryj11, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Sanssail Win User
    Hi Jeffryj11:

I notice you have an Nvidia graphics card. There has been a number of issues reported with Nvidia drivers that I have glanced at!!! If you haven't already you might want to look at those reports a bit closer.
    Since I have an ati/amd radeon card I havnt paid a lot of attention to them.

Sansail

Sanssail, Jul 31, 2015
  6. jeffryj11 Win User
    Thank you sir !
    I will look into that.
    Right now I am uninstalling Windows 10 bloatware and prior antivirus and anti-malware now.
    I will let you know what happens and thanks again.

jeffryj11, Jul 31, 2015
  7. Sanssail Win User
    I may have solved my own problem*really I noticed that PANDA SECURITY was trying to run as well as windows defender. Also panda had not been updated to a Windows10 compatible version. I managed to keep system going long enough to uninstal the old Panda, run windows defender in the interim, and install the compatible version of Panda. Touch wood things now seem stable.
    I have also notice the default screensaver in windows 10 WLXPGSS.SCR is crashing quite frequently ???. I will not mark this as solved until I get some more runtime chalked up

Sanssail, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Frequent system hangs

1. Frequent system hangs - Similar Threads - Frequent system hangs

2. Screen distortion and frequent system hangs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen distortion and frequent system hangs: Hello,Recently, my laptop has suddenly had problems with the monitor. After a few seconds after starting it shows random patterns or gray boxes and freezes.After another few seconds, the laptop shuts down and restarts. The hardware checks in the bios were all successful. The...
  3. Screen distortion and frequent system hangs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen distortion and frequent system hangs: Hello,Recently, my laptop has suddenly had problems with the monitor. After a few seconds after starting it shows random patterns or gray boxes and freezes.After another few seconds, the laptop shuts down and restarts. The hardware checks in the bios were all successful. The...
  4. Screen distortion and frequent system hangs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 hanging frequently

Windows 10 hanging frequently: Hlo,i am a user of windows 10 pro version from last some days my pc hangs at frequent intervals from where it cannot recover and i have to force shut down iti did everything disabled startup apps ran virus scan sfc scan dism Scan stopped background appsmsconfig apps disable...
  6. Windows 10 hanging frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 hanging frequently: Hlo,i am a user of windows 10 pro version from last some days my pc hangs at frequent intervals from where it cannot recover and i have to force shut down iti did everything disabled startup apps ran virus scan sfc scan dism Scan stopped background appsmsconfig apps disable...
  7. Windows 10 hanging frequently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Blue Screen and frequent Hangs

Blue Screen and frequent Hangs: Hi, Recently i started getting the BSOD. Here's a link to the dump files: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj8Xm0z90S3u3zH633quvPZ7K40B?e=l2LjK1 TIA. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-and-frequent-hangs/25f1bfcb-2b23-401d-8740-bd8ab4a6e498
  9. Frequent System Hangs any program

Frequent System Hangs any program: HI: I am seeing frequent hangs of varying times after reboot. Many times a few minutes after boot, often 15 minutes after boot, once as long as 5 hours till requested shutdown. Typically most activity freezes things, the mouse might still work but wont respond to a click,...
  10. Increasing frequently Windows Hangs

in Windows 10 Support
    Increasing frequently Windows Hangs: Over the last couple of weeks I have had to use the PC's reset button a number of times because Windows 10 just froze. Using the reset button is something I have not had do for a very long time. System has been stable for a considerable period and no new programs have been...