Windows 10: Fresh install of windows 10 after upgrading?

Discus and support Fresh install of windows 10 after upgrading? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I have upgraded from W7 to W10. But there is all kinds of annoying bugs and problems that my friend who did a fresh install doesn't have. So I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SirChick, Sep 1, 2015.

1. SirChick Win User

Fresh install of windows 10 after upgrading?

So I have upgraded from W7 to W10.

But there is all kinds of annoying bugs and problems that my friend who did a fresh install doesn't have. So I want to just re-install a fresh W10 rather this upgraded version from W7.

How can i do this now that I already upgraded?

:)

SirChick, Sep 1, 2015

2. Fresh install of Windows 10 hangs after update

Please provide more information so that the cause of your problem may be diagnosed.

Please restart your computer and allow 20 minutes for the system to run before uploading information required to help me investigate your problem. When examining Event Viewer log files many, not all, problems show in the period immediately after
    the computer has been booted.

Please provide a copy of your System Information file. To access your System Information file select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+R, type msinfo32
    and click OK . Place the cursor on
    System Summary. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. Click Save.
    Files in the txt file format are preferred.Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file.The system creates
    a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here. If the
    report is in a language other than English, please state the language.

Please upload to your OneDrive and share with everyone a copy of your
    System log file from your Event Viewer and post a link here. Please remove any earlier copies of the logs from your OneDrive.

To access the System log select the keyboard shortcut Win+R, type
    eventvwr.msc and press the ENTER key. From the list in the left side of the window select Windows Logs and System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and
    Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do not provide filtered files.
    Do not place the cursor in the list of reports before selecting Action from the menu. Do
    not clear logs whilst you have a continuing problem.

For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:

gerrys template

Gerry C J Cornell, Sep 1, 2015
  3. AnthonyKW Win User
    Fresh install of Windows 10 hangs after update

I have previously used Windows 10 on my machine for about a year. I recently decided to reinstall Windows. The first time I did it, I used the "Reset this PC" option in the Recovery Options menu, which worked ok except windows stopped recognizing my keyboard
    and mouse even after several restarts. Then I decided to format my disk and reinstall from usb. Windows installed correctly including the keyboard and mouse. The problem occurs as soon as I check for updates, where it will find and install a number of updates
    and drivers. However, once I restart the system will never boot into windows and I just get the spinning circle of dots even after waiting for three hours. I've reinstalled windows several times now and always run into the same issue. On my last attempt, I
    used KB3073930 to hide the cumulative update (3206632) but that didn't help either and the computer still hangs when I restart after installing the other updates.

I've also run chkdsk and there were no issues. In case it matters, this is an older machine that I built myself with an i5-2500K and GT240.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

AnthonyKW, Sep 1, 2015
  4. RWOne Win User

Welcome to the board!

To do that you can go to settings -> update and security - > recovery - > Reset this PC.

then follow the prompts.

RWOne, Sep 1, 2015
  5. SirChick Win User
    Isn't a reset just setting the settings back to the start? Or will it actually format the SSD and clean install ?

My version is just so broken, music mutes when ever i minimize, and i can't resize tiles on my start menu other than "small" and "medium" yet everyone else has 4 size options. IT all just seems totally broken.

SirChick, Sep 1, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Instructions here:
    Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool - Windows Help

Click on "Show all" under the grey "Note" box. Then at the bottom "How to perform a clean installation of Windows".

Make sure and read this note on that page:
    If you upgraded to Windows 10 on this PC by taking advantage of the free upgrade offer and successfully activated Windows 10 on this PC in the past, you won't have a Windows 10 product key, and you can skip the product key page by selecting the Skip button. Your PC will activate online automatically so long as the same edition of Windows 10 was successfully activated on this PC by using the free Windows 10 upgrade offer.

You will NOT need or enter a product key. Click the tiny text that says "Skip" or "Do this later".

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Fresh install of windows 10 after upgrading? - Similar Threads - Fresh install upgrading

2. no sound after fresh install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no sound after fresh install of windows 10: hi - no sound after fresh install onto a ssd of windows 10, initially had an issue activating windows, so i had support help remotely, now thats rectified, the sound doesnt work on my asus MX239H. it was fine before the new windows, updated drivers etc...
  3. making a fresh start after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    making a fresh start after windows 10 upgrade: I want to reset my laptop but i since windows 10 upgrade it seems i can't without a license or a product key. i own an HP pavilion razer 15 gaming laptop .I just got this laptop from my son and know nothing about it. im wanting to reset to learn from the begining. thank...
  4. Windows 10 after fresh install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 after fresh install: As we all know, Windows 10 installation comes with pre-installed apps, automatically starting services. Now just to be clear I want to be in the safe side this time, that's why I'm asking here. What are the applications and services that are unnecessary & doesn't effect...
  5. Fresh install or Upgrade to 10? [Question]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh install or Upgrade to 10? [Question]: Ok, I have read enough articles, many posts here on reddit and have some advices from friends. All are equally split between "just upgrade to 10 already, it's not as it was in the past. Just upgrade from within 7" and "of course you will go to a fresh clean install at some...
  6. Windows 10 S Mode Fresh Install to upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 S Mode Fresh Install to upgrade: Just bought a lenovo idea pad s145 laptop from Amazon in S Mode. When trying to switch from S Mode to home I'm told "you'll need a new app to open this "ms-windows-store" which from research seems to mean its an older version and not compatible. When I check installed apps...
  7. Windows 10 version 2004 corrupts it self after fresh install and after upgrade

Windows 10 version 2004 corrupts it self after fresh install and after upgrade: About two weeks ago , i received Windows 10 version 2004 upgrade in windows update , I was on version 1909 which was working really great and effectively i didnt do a single format using it and didnt have to, after the update ,the second day my pc crashed randomly with green...
  8. BOSD after fresh install of windows 10

BOSD after fresh install of windows 10: Been receiving multiple death screens, and would appreciate some help figuring it out. 090519-4109-01.dmp 9/5/2019 9:10:33 PM UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 0x0000007f 00000000`00000008 ffffce80`9b50b090 dfffce80`9b4f2fe0 fffff803`2adc1cbd ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+1bfcc0 NT...
  9. Random BSODs after Hardware Upgrade and Fresh Windows Install

Random BSODs after Hardware Upgrade and Fresh Windows Install: Hey all, First post here. Apologies if I mess something up. *Redface Going to include all of the information I can at the top and work from there. Current build: Intel Core i7-5820K, EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti, Fractal Design Define R5 (Black) - DT - 's Saved Part List...
  10. Fresh RE-install for free upgrade to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh RE-install for free upgrade to windows 10?: Several months ago I got the free upgrade from Win 7 to 10. I did fresh install onto a blank HDD using a proper ISO and used the key on the bottom of my Toshiba laptop. Toshiba provided no Win 10 drivers, but I got everything working with 7 and 8 drivers. Now the question...