Windows 10: Fresh install of Windows 10 & now can't scroll?

Discus and support Fresh install of Windows 10 & now can't scroll? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; No not on the activation status, I marked solved because I thought I should change that question in a different area, but couldn't decide where, lol... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by slicendice, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Fresh install of Windows 10 & now can't scroll?

First run Activation Troubleshooter. It might solve your problem.

If not then go to this thread and read it through. TenForums Tread - ShowKeyPlus

If that thread does not help solve your issue, ask for help from @Superfly. He's really good at solving these kinds of issues.

slicendice, Apr 5, 2018
  2. Sixx Win User

Hi there! I'm , brand new here, & wanted to thank you all for letting me join this cool forum!

So I guess I'll just jump right in. Well a friend & I just installed windows 10, from 7, & everything is working great, accept my scroll on the touch pad. I figured I would start here first to get an educated answer before I go trolloping through the internet. Can anyone give me any quick info??

Thanks!

:)

3. Repeated crashing with no reason shown - Win 10 update from Win 7 pro - MSI GE40 notebook

To update, I got the correct key from our IT department & have now activated a fresh installation of windows 10; it has been stable for the last 24 hours, I'll now re-install applications & see what happens.

JonShorten, Apr 29, 2018
  4. Fresh install of Windows 10 & now can't scroll?

BIG PROBLEM

Hello people,

I had my laptop upgraded and it had a fresh install of Windows 10.

All is fine. However, I need to reinstall the full Microsoft Package but I need my password to log in. The problem is this - all my passwords were in Excel, which is now not installed.

I have my registration key, but I can't log in to Microsoft to install it all again. I can't recall which username I used.

I have a problem. A BIG problem. Can somebody help me out?

Thanks Guys and Girls!

Lee.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install & upgrade

HoratioNelson1, Apr 29, 2018
  5. Welcome to TenForums @Sixx

If you are on an Asus laptop you need to go to the Asus support site and download the ATK package (ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities) and then the ASUS Smart Gesture (Touchpad Driver).

After you have first installed the ATK Package, you can then install the Touchpad Driver and all should be working as expected again.

If you are on different hardware, then you need to find similar tools from that particular manufacturer site.

slicendice, Apr 29, 2018
  6. ddelo Win User
    You can go to Device Manager, under Mice and other pointing devices, right click on touchpad and select update driver. Microsoft is pretty good in Win10 with device drivers. If that doesn't work, then you have to follow the advice of @slicendice

ddelo, Apr 29, 2018
  7. Sixx Win User
    Well, I have a Toshiba satellite laptop. Thank you for the input, but I've done all those things and I believe I need syntax pointer device, or something? It doesn't show that at all, I have something else entirely.

8. essenbe Win User

Fresh install of Windows 10 & now can't scroll?

Do you mean a Synaptics Touchpad Driver? It should be in your Toshiba drivers from Toshiba's site for your particular model of laptop.

essenbe, Apr 29, 2018
  9. Navigate to Toshiba Drivers Download Site and enter your computer model in the text box. You will see a drop-down list of multiple Toshiba Satellite models. Pick the right one and hit GO.

From there you should find all the drivers and Toshiba related tools for your computer model.

UPDATE: I can't find squat from that site until I know your exact computer model...

slicendice, Apr 29, 2018
  10. Sixx Win User
    Yeppers.
    @slicendice, I've gone there twice & I know I'm probably doing something incorrect, but I have a Toshiba Satellite:Serial # 1C174037K. Thanks again for your help, I feel like such a noob! *Confused

11. Sixx Win User
    I also am trying to activate my Win 10, but have no product key. Is there a way to get one without purchase? *Redface

12. You can find the latest Synaptics drivers under Windows 8.0 64-bit downloads. (Version15.2.11.1)

Let's take the activation a bit later since it's another beast...

EDIT: If you can't find the link then here is the direct link for the correct page (use filters so you only see the Touchpad Driver):
    Toshiba Synaptics Driver

slicendice, Apr 29, 2018
  13. Fresh install of Windows 10 & now can't scroll?

I see you marked this thread as solved. Is everything working as expected now, including activation status?

slicendice, Apr 29, 2018
  14. Sixx Win User
    No not on the activation status, I marked solved because I thought I should change that question in a different area, but couldn't decide where, lol sorry.

Thema:

Fresh install of Windows 10 & now can't scroll?

1. Fresh install of Windows 10 & now can't scroll? - Similar Threads - Fresh install can't

2. Can't sign in to fresh Windows 10 install

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in to fresh Windows 10 install: Hi,I have multiple account family and one of them can't sign in. All are set to "Can sign in". My daughter's account is available on the lock screen, but for some reason when clicking on "Sign in" the lock screen just returns to it's default state instead of asking for a...
  3. Can't sign in to fresh Windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in to fresh Windows 10 install: Hi,I have multiple account family and one of them can't sign in. All are set to "Can sign in". My daughter's account is available on the lock screen, but for some reason when clicking on "Sign in" the lock screen just returns to it's default state instead of asking for a...
  4. Can't sign in to fresh Windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Just did a fresh install of windows and now can't connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just did a fresh install of windows and now can't connect to the internet: There's just no option to connect to wifi, I've been into device manager I selected show hidden devices and it shows that the network adapters are there but there all greyed out, any help would be appreciated. I also troubleshooted it and windows says they could not find a...
  6. Fresh install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh install of Windows 10: We are always encouraged to do a fresh install of Wondows 10 to avoid issues. I have just done a fresh install of Windows 10 and I am just at the place where it says to setup an account. I am doing the install for a friend and while I know her email address i do not know her...
  7. Fresh Install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh Install Windows 10: Is it really required for me to create a new standard account that lack's admin priv after installing windows? submitted by /u/ntr0v3rt_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ie3h97/fresh_install_windows_10/
  8. Fresh install to Windows 10 Education. Now giving 0xc000007b

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fresh install to Windows 10 Education. Now giving 0xc000007b: So I had Windows 10 Pro, but due to a crytpo currency mining trojan that had embedded itself into a file in my System32. I had to reinstall Windows to Windows Education (I am an Australian NSW Student). I also completely formatted my SSD. This caused many issues including my...
  9. fresh install of windows 10 now steams crashing all the time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fresh install of windows 10 now steams crashing all the time: i have just done a clean install of window 10 on my main gaming pc and steam is crashing and getting this error. vrpathreg.exe - System error. The program can't start becasue MSVCP100.dll is missing from your computer. my pc had been having random lockups , steam was...
  10. Fresh install of Windows 10 64bit and now getting BSOD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fresh install of Windows 10 64bit and now getting BSOD.: Hi, So I upgraded my system. Bought a new motherboard, CPU, CPU Cooler, RAM, PSU & SSD. Installed windows 10, worked fine for the first week. Now when I start my PC in the morning or from when I get in from work, I get a BSOD when the PC Boots first time. When it...