Windows 10: Fresh Install Win 10 - UEFI Mobo

Discus and support Fresh Install Win 10 - UEFI Mobo in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a question for you all. I did a fresh install of Win 10 Pro 64 bit on a SSD drive. The motherboard is a new ASUS Z170-E with UEFI. I created a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DasDonster, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Fresh Install Win 10 - UEFI Mobo

I have a question for you all. I did a fresh install of Win 10 Pro 64 bit on a SSD drive. The motherboard is a new ASUS Z170-E with UEFI. I created a Fat32 thumb drive, made it UEFI bootable using Rufus, and installed a ISO created with ISODisk. I booted the PC with the thumb drive inserted. I entered BIOS and selected the thumb drive to boot from. It showed it was UEFI. I started the install and then ran through the procedure using Diskpart to clean the drive and format it to GPT. Then had windows create the 4 partitions. Then ran the install. Worked fine.

My question is this. When I right click on the SSD, choose properties, the file system is listed as NTFS. Is this correct?

:)

DasDonster, Jul 16, 2016
  2. c4duser Win User

I will be upgrading the computer before Win10 comes out will this affect the upgrade?

I have an older computer running Win 7. I have my copy of Win 10 reserved. I will be upgrading the computer: new mobo, cpu and ram before Win 10 arrives.

- Will this affect the upgrade?

- Does the upgrade use the computer stats and then check for validity before installation?

- should I do a fresh install of Win 7, including SP1, then redo my reservation/Win10 installation?

c4duser, Jul 16, 2016
  3. Upgrading PC: I bought win 8.1 upgraded it to win 10 and I want to change my motherboard, will I still be able to have win 10?

New mobo=new computer=new license.

You will be able to re-install win 10 IF your win 8.1 license was NOT preinstalled. If it was pre-installed it is tied to the old Mobo

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jul 16, 2016
  4. Fresh Install Win 10 - UEFI Mobo

Thank you topgundcp! My first UEFI Bios Mobo and through a lot of trial and error was I finally able to get the install accomplished. Your answer verified that I finally got it right, as I could not find the answer via search on Google.

DasDonster, Jul 16, 2016
Thema:

Fresh Install Win 10 - UEFI Mobo

1. Fresh Install Win 10 - UEFI Mobo - Similar Threads - Fresh Install UEFI

2. Bugcheck - on fresh Win 10 install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bugcheck - on fresh Win 10 install: Hi Guys and gals, I've encountered my first BSOD after a fresh install of Win10, before it, i was getting consistantly different BSOD's. I will start off by saying, temperatures are fine, RAM is tested and fine (memtest 4.5 hours and Windows memory diagnostic). I'm dying...
  3. Fresh install of Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh install of Win 10: I have an 2014 vintage ASUS Transformer that I would like to wipe clean and buy/install Windows 10. The problem is the original Win 8.1 install seems to be corrupt. It will not update, and if I try to refresh or reinstall, it wants the installation media, which I do not have....
  4. Fresh install of Win 10 or do an update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh install of Win 10 or do an update?: Is this still true - the way Windows is updated for major releases is essentially doing a fresh install into a different folder, then copy over the current registry, user settings etc? Is there any advantage to doing a fresh install from iso? I don't mind reinstalling my...
  5. Fresh windows 10 UEFI install no boot option

Fresh windows 10 UEFI install no boot option: So I have a new ADATA U635 ssd I want to put into my old computer, went through the steps to install Windows 10 from a usb tried using rufus, it is installed on the drive but when I go into bios I can only select the drive if csm is turned on and legacy support is on. It...
  6. Installing win 10 home from usb UEFI or non UEFI?

Installing win 10 home from usb UEFI or non UEFI?: I will be installing win 10 home on a new ssd drive on a new system. I've read Brink's how to on downloading and installing from a bootable usb. Should I opt for a UEFI install or non UEFI? What precautions do I take to make sure my components are compatible with UEFI? Do I...
  7. Internet issues on fresh install of Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internet issues on fresh install of Win 10: Just reinstalled windows on to a new SSD. Everything freshly installed, but I've been enountering problems with my internet connection. And I really can't make sense of it. It happened prior to and after installing the latest driver to my tp-link wireless card. I really...
  8. Fresh Install Win 10

Fresh Install Win 10: My two PC were free upgraded to Win 10 last year. I want to re install the Win 10 on one of that PC due to virus in that PC which is not getting removed. My question is, how to re install Win 10 and how it will be activated. Do I need to note down some thing from this PC to...
  9. Problem with install of fresh copy of win 10

Problem with install of fresh copy of win 10: During install of fresh copy of win 10 got stop clock error on blue screen. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/problem-with-install-of-fresh-copy-of-win-10/ea92da82-94aa-4a2c-91ce-e9092f0eace1
  10. BSOD after fresh Win 10 install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after fresh Win 10 install: Was having various issues with BSOD's for a couple weeks previously, and it all seemed point to being driver related so I reinstalled Win 10 from scratch. After reinstalling, I am having new BSOD's seemingly at random with dxgmms2.sys. Would love to know what I managed to...