Windows 10: Fresh Install Windows 10 - Recovery Partition

Discus and support Fresh Install Windows 10 - Recovery Partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I think you can delete only the Windows system partition and clean-install Windows 10 in the resultant unallocated space. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by crazyfool, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Fresh Install Windows 10 - Recovery Partition

I think you can delete only the Windows system partition and clean-install Windows 10 in the resultant unallocated space.

Matthew Wai, May 22, 2016
  2. OldMike65 Win User

That's why anyone upgrading or doing a Clean Install from their old Windows OS, no matter what version their upgrading should ALWAYS MAKE A Complete IMAGE Backup. Before upgrading to Windows 10. Use a free program like Macrium Reflect, store the image backup on a 2nd drive, or USB stick. Then if anything happens you can reinstall your old Windows OS with no problem at all. Everyone should be making regular image backups!! Would save people so many head ache's down the road.

OldMike65, May 22, 2016
  3. Sheri Win User
    I have made several image backups, including Macrium Reflect and Windows Custom Refresh images - but I have very rarely been able to actually use them either because Windows doesn't 'see' my custom refresh images or because I cannot remember how to get into UEFI and choose the right boot option! I used to be able to use my Custom Refresh images or boot from a recovery disc etc. quite easily before Microsoft forced secure boot on us all! But I'm afraid that I find getting into and configuring secure boot is just one step too many for a 68-year old to master.

Sheri, May 22, 2016
  4. Fresh Install Windows 10 - Recovery Partition

I did not have to make such a backup because I had a Windows 7 installation disk and backups of all personal files.
    Shamefully, I have never made it.

Matthew Wai, May 22, 2016
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    Takes me to make 1 complete image backup of my Windows 10 Pro about 6 to 8 mins. I do have 2 SSD's thou. That is not much time for me to take, for having some insurance and piece of mind incase I have a serious Windows Problem at some point. *Smile
    I would never use Windows 10 to make any image backup, as I have seen too many people have problems when they needed to restore their Windows. That's why lots of us here recommend using Macrium Reflect.

OldMike65, May 22, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Once you upgrade to Windows 10, chances are that you would not be able to use the original HP recovery partition anyway. For example - how would you propose that you could use it after Windows 10 is installed? The manufacturer's recovery partition typically requires the manufacturer's software to restore the computer from it and especially with a clean install of Windows 10 the manufacturer's software to use the recovery partition will be gone, and probably won't work after an upgrade to Windows 10.

NavyLCDR, May 22, 2016
  7. Kyhi Win User
    Use the HP Utility to make a Factory Recovery Drive - FIRST...
    Then perform the upgrade or clean installation of the new OS

8. Sheri Win User

Fresh Install Windows 10 - Recovery Partition

That's true! I But if I made another disc image with Macrium Reflect and stored it on an external drive. Then reinstalled Macrium Reflect after attempting a clean install of Windows 10, would I still be able to use that image to put my system back to its current state (with Windows 10 Upgrade in place)?

Sheri, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Fresh Install Windows 10 - Recovery Partition

1. Fresh Install Windows 10 - Recovery Partition - Similar Threads - Fresh Install Recovery

2. How to Properly Partition Drive for Fresh Installation of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Properly Partition Drive for Fresh Installation of Windows 10?: Hello. Last week, I experienced a catastrophic issue with my old HDD, which has led to it being perpetually stuck in a repair loop. I had already tried everything for the HDD, reaching out to customer support from Microsoft, having already exhausted options from Recover from...
  3. How to Properly Partition Drive for Fresh Installation of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Properly Partition Drive for Fresh Installation of Windows 10?: Hello. Last week, I experienced a catastrophic issue with my old HDD, which has led to it being perpetually stuck in a repair loop. I had already tried everything for the HDD, reaching out to customer support from Microsoft, having already exhausted options from Recover from...
  4. How to Properly Partition Drive for Fresh Installation of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. fresh install of Win10 on SSD but no system reserve/recovery partitions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    fresh install of Win10 on SSD but no system reserve/recovery partitions: Hi After a fresh install of Win10 on SSD, I have no system reserve/recovery partitions on C: - Is this an issue? I am experiencing freezes and boot problems after the freeze until I remove all the drives. I have 2 other SATA HDD's which were not connected at the time of...
  6. USB fresh install or Recovery?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB fresh install or Recovery?: Hi. I had drivers problems and I wanted to reinstall Windows. Is it safe to do it through the recovery? With the option of Reset this PC > 'Remove everything'? Or you should use a USB and delete all partitions and reinstall. Ty submitted by /u/borjahen [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows 10 fresh install is putting recovery partition in front of EFI and C:/drive partitions.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 fresh install is putting recovery partition in front of EFI and C:/drive partitions.: Several months ago my laptop was destroyed by malware and since then I have learned a lot about upgrading and general repair with Windows based PC's. I could have just replaced the HDD but without knowing what I know now I "bricked" it by locking up the BIOS/UEFI so I could...
  8. Windows 10 install recovery from partition

Windows 10 install recovery from partition: This makes 0 sense to me. I booted my installing/recovery from a fixed partition on a usb hard drive using thr bootsect and make partition active feature. My image consists of my ssd wirh the c drive and recovery partitioms rhat were backed up. Upon trying to onstall my image...
  9. Windows 10 upgrade installing on recovery partition.

Windows 10 upgrade installing on recovery partition.: Windows 10 is downloading to my win 8 recovery partition and before it's complete it tells me the recovery partition is full, which it is. I've run disc clean up and still no luck. Any way to get win 10 to download to another partition? 52815
  10. Laptop + Windows 10 Fresh Install + Partitions

Laptop + Windows 10 Fresh Install + Partitions: I have suspicions of issues on my daughters ASUS laptop. It has had some viruses recently and tbh I am just not comfortable with her using it now until I can wipe it and start it all afresh. I upgraded (the free update) from windows 8 to windows 10. Just so everything...