Windows 10: Fresh install?

Discus and support Fresh install? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is there a way to do a "fresh install" of Windows 10? Something went wrong with mine (can't find "Recent" folders) and I'd prefer to not continue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SBYH, Jul 20, 2016.

1. SBYH Win User

Fresh install?

Is there a way to do a "fresh install" of Windows 10? Something went wrong with mine (can't find "Recent" folders) and I'd prefer to not continue messing with it. My current User ID is nested under a previous User ID and I'm not sure how the previous one got there. I've had suggestions to edit the registry but am concerned that will lead to weeks of tweaking.

I'd like to completely start over. Is this possible?

:)

2. DEA Fresh Win User

Windows Phone 7 Free Xbox game - has anyone recevied theirs?

It is now now March. It's been over 8 weeks! This is the worst turn around time for any promotion/rebate I haved participated in. If you contact AT&T they say contact the eprize company. They have no phone reps that you can talk to. Only email forms with
    a very generic response that says just keep waiting. By the time we get the game it will be in the platinum hits bin. This has totally turned me off from the Windows 7 platform.

If the games don't show up this week I hope somebody starts a class action lawsuit. I would happily sign my name to it.

DEA Fresh, Jul 20, 2016
  3. Windows cannot play any video/audio file

No, usually i just browse Internet and suddenly find out that all videos can't start to play, as well as local video/audio files. Programs being used are only video player and web browser. That issue only happens when the bluetooth headphone is connected.

But when it already occured, disconnecting the headphone doesn't help anymore.

fresh coffee, Jul 20, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member
  5. SBYH Win User
    Wow, is it really that complicated? The computer in question had Windows 10 installed when I bought it. Does that mean I won't need a product key because one of the following will apply (from the instructions at the link above)?

"If this PC has a digital entitlement available for this Windows 10 on Microsoft's activation servers, then you will not be prompted to enter a product key.

"If this OEM PC has a valid product key embedded in its
    UEFI firmware chip, then you will not be prompted to enter a product key."

6. f14tomcat Win User
    Based on your information, if it had 10 installed on it, you will not need to enter a key. It's really not complicated, just a little time. Make sure you have any and all of your personal files, pics, any data you will need (including other software keys you may have purchased) backed up and disconnected from your laptop. Then follow the instructions in the tutorial NavyLCDR posted.

f14tomcat, Jul 21, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Then maybe this would be easier?
    Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

But, for information, since your computer came with Windows 10 pre-installed, you would not be asked to enter a product key or which version of Windows 10 you wanted to install on a completely clean install booting from a Windows 10 installation USB flash drive or DVD. It would just read the product key from UEFI firmware and use that.

NavyLCDR, Jul 21, 2016
  8. f14tomcat Win User

Fresh install?

Navy, just for my clarity. Reset will use the Asus OEM recovery partition to set it back to fresh factory install, but clean install from a Tech Bench or Media Creation Tool would give a clean 10 without the Asus baggage. Am I correct? This is for my info.

f14tomcat, Jul 21, 2016
  9. SBYH Win User
    That does look simpler. I could be wrong, but thanks!

10. NavyLCDR New Member
    The reset option will restore all of the ASUS software if the original recovery partition is there and reagentc osimage parameter is pointing to it.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Fresh install?

1. Fresh install? - Similar Threads - Fresh install

2. No audio from headset after fresh instal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio from headset after fresh instal: I reinstalled windows 11 and my steelseries arctis 3 headset has no adio despite it being detected in the device manager. Ive tried updating my drivers and rolling back drivers, ive tried unistalling drivers and disabling the devise and renabling it. Updated my bios, did a...
  3. No audio from headset after fresh instal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio from headset after fresh instal: I reinstalled windows 11 and my steelseries arctis 3 headset has no adio despite it being detected in the device manager. Ive tried updating my drivers and rolling back drivers, ive tried unistalling drivers and disabling the devise and renabling it. Updated my bios, did a...
  4. After fresh install of Windows 11 I still get BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After fresh install of Windows 11 I still get BSOD: This is my bug check code 0x1010x8, 0x0, 0xFFFFAA81A9D40180, 0x4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-fresh-install-of-windows-11-i-still-get-bsod/6fb22eec-31a6-465a-a8a7-244fdb872962
  5. After fresh install of Windows 11 I still get BSOD

After fresh install of Windows 11 I still get BSOD: This is my bug check code 0x1010x8, 0x0, 0xFFFFAA81A9D40180, 0x4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-fresh-install-of-windows-11-i-still-get-bsod/6fb22eec-31a6-465a-a8a7-244fdb872962
  6. Just did a "fresh install" and now nothing seems to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just did a "fresh install" and now nothing seems to work: Just reset the come from a Win11 ROM dl and the audio doesnt have sound even though the device is detected, cant even play the test sounds, also the install might have broke some of my game trying to lauch monster hunter world and it keeps crashing....
  7. Just did a "fresh install" and now nothing seems to work

Just did a "fresh install" and now nothing seems to work: Just reset the come from a Win11 ROM dl and the audio doesnt have sound even though the device is detected, cant even play the test sounds, also the install might have broke some of my game trying to lauch monster hunter world and it keeps crashing....
  8. My question is about Aero Peek. How do I make it work after a fresh [Windows 7} install and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My question is about Aero Peek. How do I make it work after a fresh [Windows 7} install and...: Aero Peek changes at times between working and not working for reasons I usually do not know {in fact never know.}. I recently reformatted my Desktop pc 3 times. {Running Windows 7 and not going to update to 10 or 11.} The last reformat was because Aero Peek was not working....
  9. My question is about Aero Peek. How do I make it work after a fresh [Windows 7} install and...

My question is about Aero Peek. How do I make it work after a fresh [Windows 7} install and...: Aero Peek changes at times between working and not working for reasons I usually do not know {in fact never know.}. I recently reformatted my Desktop pc 3 times. {Running Windows 7 and not going to update to 10 or 11.} The last reformat was because Aero Peek was not working....
  10. BSODs, even after fresh windows install

BSODs, even after fresh windows install: Folder containing dumps, dxdiags, etchttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iuCgQsfrdQbidEQro-iqvDDs2Fguls_R?usp=sharingCausesStarted when upgrading old system, components are:i9 14900k - CPUASUS TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI - MOBOKingston 32GB 2x16GB DDR5 6000MHz CL36 FURY...