Windows 10: Fresh Start Not Removing Apps

Discus and support Fresh Start Not Removing Apps in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a recently purchased Dell 9570. I tried to run Fresh Start three times, but the Dell apps are still installed when Fresh Start is complete. All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by katiera_012, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Fresh Start Not Removing Apps

I have a recently purchased Dell 9570. I tried to run Fresh Start three times, but the Dell apps are still installed when Fresh Start is complete. All of the Dell apps (and several other apps as well) are listed in the in the To Be Removed list when Fresh Start is selected. Once Fresh Start is complete, One Drive is the only app in the Removed Apps file. I do not receive any error messages. I have Windows 10 Home version 1709 installed.

What is the best way to get a clean install of Windows 10? Why is Fresh Start not working correctly?

:)

katiera_012, Aug 20, 2018

2. Windows Fresh Start

What I mean by fresh start is, an option found in Windows Defender Security Center -> Device Performance & Health -> Fresh Star

• Fresh Start: "Start fresh with a clean up to date installation of Windows. This will keep your personal files and some windows settings, and remove some of your apps."
    I proceeded to check the disk through the mentioned instructions but no error was found. Any idea what might be causing the issue?

DiegoOchoa1, Aug 20, 2018
  3. Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10  

Hi, @Brink:

My caffeine titer is low, so I must be missing some blatant, basic step to add a shortcut to my account's All Apps list in the Start menu (Option1).
    The new process both for creating shortcuts and for adding/removing items to the Win10 start menu has me flummoxed.
    Your tutorials are always "topnotch", so this must be a cockpit error on my part.

>I would like to follow the suggestion on page 1 of the wushowhide.diagcab tutorial to add a shortcut in All Apps for my account.

I have d/l the wushowhide.diagcab and saved it to my downloads folder.
    I have done Step 1 on Page 1 of THIS tutorial to navigate to the Start Menu Programs folder.
    But HOW do I actually complete Step 3 to create a shortcut and then add it to the Start Menu "All Apps"??

I think I need to first somehow create a shortcut for the .cab file and then add it to All Apps in the start menu???

Please advise.

Thanks!
    MM

P.S. I have been postponing the probably inevitable installation of Class Shell.
    I would rather not have to install a 3rd-party program to be able to perform basic Windows tasks.
    But this new workflow in Win10 for a basic functionality might force me to do it.
    Sigh.

MoxieMomma, Aug 20, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Fresh Start Not Removing Apps

Windows Fresh Start and Removal of Apps

Hi Oreo, if you perform a Fresh Start / Reset of Windows, it will remove all the above Software . . .

Your Acer, should have an Acer Factory Reset, that is the option you should choose, if you wish to retain the Acer Software - you should have an app on your System called Acer Care System, that is where to start the Acer Factory Reset

DaveM121, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

Fresh Start Not Removing Apps

1. Fresh Start Not Removing Apps - Similar Threads - Fresh Start Removing

2. Fresh Start removed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Start removed?: I restored a laptop to its original factory setting, and then updated it to Window 10 version 21H1 May 2021 update. I am wanting to rid this computer of all the bloatware it came with from the factory, and want to use the "Fresh Start" feature to do so. Now, when I follow the...
  3. fresh start

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fresh start: hello im trying to give my computer a fresh start. i took a photo of directions with my phone and it told me what to click on but the part about click on windows defender well i cant click on it because is not there. anyway i tried typing it in next to start and there it is...
  4. Fresh Start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fresh Start: I have a Lenovo notebook pc...Celeron N2930 @ 1.83Ghz...4.00GB 64bit Device ID = A2BA8FA7-2D85-4D4F-8E29-D014EBC7F7B1 Prod ID = 00326-03532-49984-AAOEM This is an older pc that used to have Win 8 on it, but Win10 was added when it was refurbished before I bought it...
  5. Fresh start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fresh start: I recently purchased a new ssd and discovered the fresh start feature. When completing the fresh start do i have to reinstall windows back onto my hard drive or can i install it on the ssd? also if i do a fresh start will i have to buy a new activation key? Many thanks Kyle...
  6. "Fresh start"

"Fresh start": Look at the following image. [ATTACH] What EXACTLY it keeps and removes? Will it improve the performance A LOT? Can I backup things I had before I did it, if I make a mistake?...
  7. Fresh Start

Fresh Start: A friend of mine used Fresh Start hoping to speed up her computer. The result, after an hour and a half or so, was that she couldn't do anything with her keyboard or mouse when she started up (or restarted). I saw that she had a serial port so I found an old serial mouse at...
  8. Fresh Start

Fresh Start: Tried fresh start to alleviate some of the problems on my desktop but now it is stuck in boot up mode. No start screen or password screen my monitor just says LENOVO and will not progress to next screen it has been stuck like this for over an hour....
  9. Fresh Start

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fresh Start: Windows keeps saying to do a fresh start if I do will I need a disc copy of windows 10 or is it on my laptop and to I need the product code. Because I don't have it I got this laptop used and I'm afraid I will mess up my laptop....
  10. fresh start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fresh start: Hi, I did a fresh start yesterday,,, oh my!!! I wish I hadn't. All because I saw that it was recommended. I've been trying to fix my batterey only charging to 58% and it came up so I thought, why not if it needs to. It's wiped my google chrome & my Norton protection to name...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. apps are still listed after fresh start

2. apps which are saved from removing from fresh start