Windows 10: Fresh Windows 10 upgrade - ntoskrnl.exe & ntkrnlmp.exe

Discus and support Fresh Windows 10 upgrade - ntoskrnl.exe & ntkrnlmp.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just installed windows 10 and I have had constant BSOD's when doing multiple things at once (gaming, surfing web, listening to music, etc). This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by haoleflip, Sep 28, 2015.

1. haoleflip Win User

Fresh Windows 10 upgrade - ntoskrnl.exe & ntkrnlmp.exe

I just installed windows 10 and I have had constant BSOD's when doing multiple things at once (gaming, surfing web, listening to music, etc). This is what WhoCrashed is saying:

On Tue 9/29/2015 7:29:06 AM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\092915-19531-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14E240)
    Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x3, 0xFFFFD001FD8C65D0, 0xFFFFD001FD8C6528, 0x0)
    Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 9/29/2015 7:29:06 AM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x3, 0xFFFFD001FD8C65D0, 0xFFFFD001FD8C6528, 0x0)
    Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
    Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 9/29/2015 1:41:27 AM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\092815-19781-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14E240)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x411, 0xFFFFF6BFFE9022C0, 0xE51000011E43A884, 0xFFFFF68042942470)
    Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.

And below is the requested .zip

Thank you for the help!

:)

haoleflip, Sep 28, 2015
  2. Antoine M Win User

Multiple BSOD, I don't know where to start

Thank you for your quick answer!

I already had a one-year old Windows 10 clean install and already did almost all the steps described in the first link you provided. I ended by a fresh reset from the Settings. So far it worked without issues for 3 days, and I was happily uninstalling some
    bloatware (Candycrush! please no haha) and reinstalling all my software...

But yesterday I got BSODs again "due to Microsot drivers" (ntoskrnl.exe, ntkrnlmp.exe, hal.dll).

I have now exactly the same behaviour as before. I did a full backup of my system before doing a fresh reset, just in case. For the time being, I would like to investigate and understand what software or driver is causing the issue. I couldn't make a connection
    between the software I installed and the first time the BSOD happened.

If you have some time to help me finding the cause of this issue I would be more than happy to provide you all the needed information!

Antoine M, Sep 28, 2015
  3. dktaege Win User
    Windows 10: BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe & ntkrnlmp.exe

1. it was preinstalled when i got the computer

2. i didnt

3. Version 1703 Build 15063.540

dktaege, Sep 28, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi haoleflip,

Welcome to the 10forums.

The memory_management error means that there are problems with your memory.
    Because in both crashes I found no drivers, if the memory test comes out clean please enable driver verifier.

Fresh Windows 10 upgrade - ntoskrnl.exe & ntkrnlmp.exe [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Some windows drivers are blamed in a few crashes, but that usually means that a 3rd party driver is actually the cause.
    Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

Thema:

1. Fresh Windows 10 upgrade - ntoskrnl.exe & ntkrnlmp.exe - Similar Threads - Fresh upgrade ntoskrnl

2. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  3. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: Hi there, My new machine around 8 months old now runs perfectly most of the time. Uptime 3 - 6 weeks at a time. NO issues at all - I am a heavy PC user: Gaming, Audio Work and some 3D modelling, so my machine goes through its paces.Every now and then on boot, I get the error...
  4. Random BSOD ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp executables

Random BSOD ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp executables: I have a Lenovo laptop with the following specs: Intel Core i7-8550U 4C / 8T, 1.8 / 4.0GHz, 8MB Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620 Intel SoC Platform 16GB Soldered DDR4-2400 512GB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 13.9" UHD 3840x2160 IPS 300nits Glossy I started getting random...
  5. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  6. .exe

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .exe: So i was not able to run Amd.exe . To do so i went to regedit and under Hkey class root .exe i changed the value .exe to “%1” %* but the mistake i made was i did not gave a space after “%1”. So after i restarted my pc i am anot able to open any .exe files i tried...
  7. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  8. Windows 10 cannot find rundll32.exe

Windows 10 cannot find rundll32.exe: This problem started when my system did a OS update. I run a windows 10 and since the update of the software, the volume of my system has gone down really low. When I click to open the sounds from the speaker, it gives me the message "windows cannot find the...
  9. BSOD's have returned! [ntkrnlmp, ntoskrnl] HYPERVISOR error

BSOD's have returned! [ntkrnlmp, ntoskrnl] HYPERVISOR error: Hello all, its nice to be back! I've had a couple threads in the forum which regard my issues with BSODs the last being around 5 months ago from now and the other a bit longer. Though generally the errors have been consistent but has dipped in frequency with the help I...
  10. Rundll32.exe Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Rundll32.exe Problem: Hi Everybody as the title shows i want to completely block Windows Host Processes (Rundll32.exe) from being executed and i am very consistent to do so *sarc because its swallowing my cpu all the time *Mad and im sure that its not a virus it just a droll and useless windows...