Windows 10: Freshly installed W10 all settings open slow

Discus and support Freshly installed W10 all settings open slow in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello. I had this problem each and every time I installed Windows 10, it's freshly installed (finished 10 minutes ago at the time of this post) and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Dutu40, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Dutu40 Win User

Freshly installed W10 all settings open slow

Hello.

I had this problem each and every time I installed Windows 10, it's freshly installed (finished 10 minutes ago at the time of this post) and the settings, photos and pretty much everything related to the apps take a very, very long time to open.

Freshly installed W10 all settings open slow [​IMG]

It stays like this and I don't know what causes it, there is no software that may conflict with it, nor any hardware issues that could cause it. I only use SSDs and my PC isn't half bad either.

Any ideas as to what causes this are appreciated!

:)

Dutu40, Dec 19, 2017

2. Installed Windows 10 and now Google chrome keeps crashing.

I installed google chrome. But it is not opening , it keeps on crashing.I uninstalled chrome several times and downloaded freshly and installed again but no use it is not opening at all.

ShrikantMashelkar, Dec 19, 2017
  3. Windows 10 self destructing AGAIN!

Windows 10 saturates disk with 100% use and runs slow if at all. System appears to be corrupt and becomes more corrupted each time computer is turned on. It results in redundant instances of many windows and Microsoft processes which overload disk. It
    shows 100% disk usage with only Microsoft and Windows processes identified as "normal" running with the result being nothing else can run and just results in a "***** not responding" error. Several months ago a new clean load of W10 was performed to a freshly
    formatted hard drive. W10 worked great for a week then began the deterioration process and now my PC is slower than a Radio Shack TRS-1 again." Ten minutes to open a one paragraph email with no attachments seems excessive. I can't believe a i7 2.4 Ghz processor,
    12G of ram and a 1TB H/D should be this slow. I am hoping there is a solution other than another clean load and manually transferring all my data files from backup. Or is my PC just not up to handling all the unwanted and unneeded garbageware Microsoft has
    decided W10 must have.

DavidKontak, Dec 19, 2017
  4. Freshly installed W10 all settings open slow

Refreshes like to skip corners here and there. For example, there is a tool that will completely remove Microsoft Edge from a computer. Only a full reinstall of Windows will bring it back, not a reset or a refresh.

Does the problem remain if you do a complete format and reinstall of Windows?

Masterchiefxx17, Dec 20, 2017
  5. Dutu40 Win User
    The problem remains indeed.

Microsoft edge is also slow to respond, and takes a while to load.

Dutu40, Dec 21, 2017
  6. You performed a full format of the drive and reinstalled Windows?

Where did you get your copy of Windows from? What is the specifications of your PC?

Masterchiefxx17, Dec 22, 2017
  7. MrHudson Win User
    I get the same thing, when it does that I just close it out then reopen, it opens then.
    Win 10 is not the best OS. I can look in task manager, my CPU is running faster than it should, CPU is duel core 1.6GHz, 2.16GHz max. just having task manager open, shows CPU speed at 1.86GHz. I can open another APP and it will over clock, just max it out.

MrHudson, Dec 22, 2017
  8. Dutu40 Win User

I did perform a full format.

The windows is the original OS downloaded and installed on my stick by microsoft's application. (Windows 10 Pro)

My PC specs are: 16GB RAM, i5-4670K, 970 GTX, 2x Kingston SSDs, 550W Platinum PSU

If I close and reopen the app, the issue remains.

The issue is exclusive to the Microsoft applications, and exclusive to windows 10.

I am logged in with my microsoft account in the windows, it is not a local account.

Dutu40, Dec 23, 2017
  9. MrHudson Win User
    Can you open store to look in Downloads and Updates to see if all the Microsoft APP's have been updated?

MrHudson, Dec 23, 2017
  10. MrHudson Win User
    Freshly installed W10 all settings open slow [​IMG]

These are the Microsoft APP's.

MrHudson, Dec 23, 2017
  11. eLPuSHeR Win User
    I have noticed that, after a clean installation, the first time I open Privacy -> "background applications" in settings it hangs and closes. Next time is ok.

eLPuSHeR, Dec 23, 2017
  12. skipgap Win User
    I had a problem with a DELL Latitude e6410 only because they didn't support Windows 10 on the machine and so when I did some research it looked to me that there had to be a certain order to the drivers....like the chipset could pose a problem if the order was out of place...INI files maybe....since then DELL has made a application called "SupportAssist" which seems to find problems and tries to optimize the machine too....your issue reminded me of the problem from months ago.
    Also...event viewer could possible point you in the right direction in there is a issue with multiple errors for one thing.

skipgap, Dec 24, 2017
  13. MrHudson Win User

This HP has same similarity as your Dell.
    HP support assist,
    Intel support assist,
    Microsoft support assist.
    Also has netframeworks for all three.
    Intel security assist.

MrHudson, Dec 24, 2017
  14. Dutu40 Win User
    Hey,

the store says that all Microsoft apps are updated to their latest version (12/21/2017 and 12/20/2017)

Event Viewer doesn't show any errors about the apps, since they do open but just wait a very long time to do so.

Dutu40, Dec 24, 2017
  15. matfx Win User
    Try install latest available chipset driver for your motherboard, lets see if it can improve the performance.

matfx, Dec 24, 2017
Thema:

1. Freshly installed W10 all settings open slow - Similar Threads - Freshly installed W10

2. Fresh w10 install crashes in final stage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh w10 install crashes in final stage: So I have a fujitsu q520 that was running w10 and used a tv screen via dp adaptor and hdmi. i bought a monitor and didn't get an image through that cable so I used a dvi lead and all was good kind of during the changing of leads because i had no screen i had to power off...
  3. Fresh w10 install crashes in final stage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh w10 install crashes in final stage: So I have a fujitsu q520 that was running w10 and used a tv screen via dp adaptor and hdmi. i bought a monitor and didn't get an image through that cable so I used a dvi lead and all was good kind of during the changing of leads because i had no screen i had to power off...
  4. Fresh w10 install crashes in final stage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Global Upload Speed is very slow for all applications on a FRESH Install.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Global Upload Speed is very slow for all applications on a FRESH Install.: Hello all,Really I am so frustrated lately, It's been a month since this issue started and I am using my mobile for any uploads on the same WiFI.I am on windows 10 Pro Fresh Install, did it a few days ago.I cannot upload anything to any website, I tried to fresh install...
  6. w10 setting can't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    w10 setting can't open: Hello. Could someone help me with w10, because when I tried to open the setting it's disappear. My w10 is Update. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-setting-cant-open/7f70094a-e55a-4bad-85de-b5297cc7ef90
  7. Fresh W10 Install on D: Drive?

Fresh W10 Install on D: Drive?: so i have windows 10 installed on my c: drive but it has become unstable, even a reset and countless other "tricks" didn't fix the issues, so i've decided to just go ahead and do a clean install... as mentioned, it's installed on my c: drive but this time around i would like...
  8. Fresh W10 Install on D: Drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fresh W10 Install on D: Drive?: so i have windows 10 installed on my c: drive but it has become unstable, even a reset and countless other "tricks" didn't fix the issues, so i've decided to just go ahead and do a clean install... as mentioned, it's installed on my c: drive but this time around i would like...
  9. Cannot activate W10 after fresh install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot activate W10 after fresh install: Went to Microsoft website and downloaded the ISO image of W10. I have a Lenovo D20 that I have performed a fresh OS install onto a new ssd hard drive. Wanted to make sure W10 ran okay on hardware. After comfortable that W10 was running okay (no device manager complaints,...
  10. Fresh install of W10 on a tablet - W10 thinks its a desktop?!?

Fresh install of W10 on a tablet - W10 thinks its a desktop?!?: Tried the XDA forums and got no where so though someone here might assist? I bought a cheapy tablet called a Ployer MOMO8W, it had W10 working on it all OK but I had to perform a fresh install as the last W10 update wouldn't boot anymore. I used the bios to load from USB a...