Windows 10: Friend needs help porting C++ library from Linux to Windows

Discus and support Friend needs help porting C++ library from Linux to Windows in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A friend of mine is looking for someone who would be able to devote their time into porting libdrc, a Linux library designed for interacting with a Wii... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by warspyking, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Friend needs help porting C++ library from Linux to Windows

A friend of mine is looking for someone who would be able to devote their time into porting libdrc, a Linux library designed for interacting with a Wii U Gamepad (Project: memahaxx / libdrc Bitbucket , Docs: http://libdrc.org/docs/index.html), to work with Windows with him in a co-op project. The only requirement would be that you have windows driver experience.

He hasn't started yet and most everything he's done so far has been research related. He has put the project entirely on pause and said that he wasn't going to get back at it unless he could find someone to help.

He has told me that instead of making a driver that works for libdrc, which would make it practically useless for anybody else, it might be best to add Windows support for hostap, so everyone using hostap will benefit from the work.

Would any of you be willing to devote time and experience into this project? Any help is very much appreciated!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, I'll try my best to answer them to the best of my knowledge.

:)

warspyking, Jul 26, 2016
  2. WinLinLw Win User

Accessing a Linux printer from Windows 10

The printer is attached to a USB port on the (Mint) Linux machine. I configured CUPS on the Linux machine. Turns out that the critical steps that I needed were:

1) come up with IP address/name of the printer and from Windows (add a printer) enter the name as...

xxx.xxx.xx.xx:631/printers/PrinterName ; and

2) open port 631 on the Linux machine.

Once I opened that port, it worked.

WinLinLw, Jul 26, 2016
  3. CraigLong Win User
    toshiba laptop crashed hard drive fried

Like I said you don't need to enter any key. A key will not help you do anything. You need to get a copy of Windows by either downloading and burning an installation disk or borrowing a copy from a friend. Perhaps the library will allow you to download
    Windows 10 and burn to a disk? But you need to ask first.

Just borrow a disk from a friend and return it when you are done. Or burn a disk on a friend's computer. Or take your computer into the shop.

CraigLong, Jul 26, 2016
Thema:

Friend needs help porting C++ library from Linux to Windows

1. Friend needs help porting C++ library from Linux to Windows - Similar Threads - Friend needs help

2. NEED HELP WITH USB PORTS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NEED HELP WITH USB PORTS: Hi. I have a problem with my USB port. I have 3 USB ports and my flashdrive is not detected. But my SD/TC card slot is functioning. I plugged my Flasdrive and opened device manager and the flash drive is not detected also. But with other computers, the same flash drives is...
  3. I need help on Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help on Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error.: It says this after I updated my Laptop Assertion Failed! Program: ...\node-vulcanjs\build\Release\VulcanMessageLib.node File: C:\bid\workspace\CXX-Process\release...\vulcanadapter.cc Line: 390 Expression vulcan_ And then I can only chose Abort, Retry and Ignore buttons....
  4. I need help on Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help on Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error.: It says this after I updated my Laptop Assertion Failed! Program: ...\node-vulcanjs\build\Release\VulcanMessageLib.node File: C:\bid\workspace\CXX-Process\release...\vulcanadapter.cc Line: 390 Expression vulcan_ And then I can only chose Abort, Retry and Ignore buttons....
  5. Need help for a friend in a pickle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help for a friend in a pickle: My friend wants to buy minecraft, he has a MacBook but will soon be getting a Windows PC. Can he buy the game once, and be able to download and play on his MacBook for now, and then download it again without paying on his PC?Basically, is it possible to purchase minecraft...
  6. Need help for a friend in a pickle

Need help for a friend in a pickle: My friend wants to buy minecraft, he has a MacBook but will soon be getting a Windows PC. Can he buy the game once, and be able to download and play on his MacBook for now, and then download it again without paying on his PC?Basically, is it possible to purchase minecraft...
  7. i need help going back to windows 10 from linux

i need help going back to windows 10 from linux: I tried downloading the windows 10 iso from here with usb with exfat, but when i try installing it it says "No device drivers were found". Any way to fix that? I dont have any other devices with Windows but i have a product key....
  8. Friend needs help with removing a microsoft account from their laptop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Friend needs help with removing a microsoft account from their laptop.: My friend got a different microsoft account on their laptop a while ago just to play minecraft bedrock edition on it lol. Now, their grandfather is mad that there's a "random" microsoft account on there, but they can't remove it for whatever reason. How do they go about...
  9. I need help with GPO (Custom Libraries + hidden C:)

in Windows 10 Support
    I need help with GPO (Custom Libraries + hidden C:): Hi, I am having an issue that I need assistance with. I have a group policy which updates the Windows Registry in order to "Hide" the C:-drive. No permissions are changed, it is only the visibility that is changed ("NoDrives" @...
  10. Using Windows libraries from Ubuntu / Linux on Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Windows libraries from Ubuntu / Linux on Windows: I recently brought up Linux on Windows. I chose the Ubuntu distribution. It works well. Really well. Really fast. I'd like to write and build C-language programs in Linux, much the same as I did with Cygwin for many years.But I don't see the Windows header files and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. libdrc without wii u