Windows 10: from 4 monitors to 2 after today's update

Discus and support from 4 monitors to 2 after today's update in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Yup from 4 monitors to 2 after today's update. WTF what more can I say. Display only recognizes 2 monitors ACCER monitors NVIDIA GeForce driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Bill413, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Bill413 Win User

from 4 monitors to 2 after today's update

Yup from 4 monitors to 2 after today's update.
    WTF what more can I say.
    Display only recognizes 2 monitors
    ACCER monitors
    NVIDIA GeForce driver 7/15 update
    ASUS 64 bit
    can't seem to download the latest update NVIDIA 10/15 V358.50
    *Mad

:)

Bill413, Oct 9, 2015

2. Family Safety NOT Working

I have same problem. Familysafety stopped working properly 3-4 weeks ago.

Several observations:

1. First it stopped working completely (no limits, no monitoring).

2. Later (after I recreated account and re-joined with Family) it renewed limit constrains, but no monitoring information were transferred to Familysafety page.

3. Today (after another 2 weeks from step 2) it shows monitor information about recent searches and visited sites, but no information about screen time.

On Familysafety page I can see following message in red:

"It’s taking longer than usual to refresh this list. We haven’t lost any info, and we’ll update it here as soon as possible."

Thank you

Libor Hrdina, Oct 9, 2015
  3. Lenovo Desktop with Windows 10 no longer sees Monitor.

I have a 2-3 year old Lenovo desktop. Last summer I upgraded to Windows 10. After a few weeks the monitor no longer seemed to work, so I purchased a new monitor. Everything worked fine. For the last several weeks, I have had to start the computer 2-4 times
    for the monitor to light up. Today, I've tried starting the computer 5 times over the last 6 hours and get no signal to the monitor.

Without a monitor, I can't operate the computer or try fixes. I'm typing this message from my laptop.

Help! What do I do?

SandyMcMahon, Oct 9, 2015
  4. Bill413 Win User

Back to two out of four screens detected.
    I tried a compatibility check on a shortcut and it hosed my workstation.

Anyway anyone know how to get back my 4 monitors?

Bill413, Oct 18, 2015
  5. Kanata Win User
    It could be that the graphics card is old and NVidia are not producing drivers compatible with 4 monitors in Windows 10.
    Try uninstalling the graphics drivers completely and installing the latest ones, rather than updating the drivers.

Kanata, Oct 18, 2015
  6. Bill413 Win User
    Now I installed the Nvidia GeForce Windows 10 driver!!
    But no joy, it can start with 4 monitors but after awhile I lose two which are not discoverable.

Bill413, Oct 28, 2015
  7. Gary Win User
    Why don't you just get two of these Monitors

8. Bill413 Win User

Bwahaha! Very funny $1000 each!

Bill413, Oct 28, 2015
  9. Gary Win User
    One can dream*Smile

10. UKMedia Win User
    Hi

Can you confirm the model numbers of your graphics cards? With W10, there is an issue introduced whereby certain combinations of cards don't work any more. Are you getting a code 43 error within Control Panel?

Regards

UKMedia, Nov 2, 2015
  11. Bill413 Win User
    Thanks UKMedia,

I have two NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 cards, with I hope, NVIDIA Windows 10 v358.50 driver.

Today it was running fine with four screens, acer V233w, full of charts from Ninja Trader, when the trading market opened at 9:30 it all crashed. I couldn't even power off.
    thanks for your time.

Bill413, Nov 2, 2015
  12. acmanten Win User

Wow, then you can put anything and more on them ! ! !!

acmanten, Nov 2, 2015
  13. acmanten Win User

IT will really be interesting to learn why the other two are ot working... tks best2u

acmanten, Nov 2, 2015
  14. UKMedia Win User
    Sorry to hear that and when they crash are you able to check Device Manager?

Also, have you tried un-installing the drivers, rebooting and then clean installing the latest driver?

Regards

UKMedia, Nov 3, 2015
  15. Bill413 Win User
    Crashed again today, this time with no programs running, just four blank screens.

In Device Manager I did notice however an ERROR CODE 31! Ya some clue.
    "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for the device (Code 31)

And actually two screens work and the driver is working for those two. It's the same driver and the two video cards are the same NVIDIA GeForce GT 630s.*Shock

P.S. Oh yes I have been unistalling the drivers, rebooting, and reinstalling NVIDIA's latest, bestist, Windows 10 driver.

I'm getting the idea Windows 10 does not like more than one driver.

Bill413, Nov 3, 2015
Thema:

1. from 4 monitors to 2 after today's update - Similar Threads - monitors today's update

2. Is there a preview update today or not? - 2/27/2024

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a preview update today or not? - 2/27/2024: Usually, a monthly preview update should happen today, right? I just checked as it hit 12 PM the time in which updates appear for me and nothing. Just a security intelligence update and the failing KB5034441 update me and millions of others are having.Is something wrong, or...
  3. Is there a preview update today or not? - 2/27/2024

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a preview update today or not? - 2/27/2024: Usually, a monthly preview update should happen today, right? I just checked as it hit 12 PM the time in which updates appear for me and nothing. Just a security intelligence update and the failing KB5034441 update me and millions of others are having.Is something wrong, or...
  4. Is there a preview update today or not? - 2/27/2024

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Optional Update KB5001391 today 4/28

Optional Update KB5001391 today 4/28: I have seen this update on two systems today.. Anyone else, I did not see it yet mentioned.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optional-update-kb5001391-today-428/87ef319d-985d-4ce8-b3e7-fcd869810a96
  6. 2 Cumulative Updates today Oct. 29

2 Cumulative Updates today Oct. 29: FYI: There are 2 Cumulative Updates today. One is listed as Optional. It is KB4580364. It adds to the taskbar Meet Now and it is very cool, convenient, handy & useful. In other words, suggest you go ahead & take it [ATTACH] Cheers, Drew[ATTACH]...
  7. 2 Different Updaters Today

2 Different Updaters Today: Today I recieved 2 different Updates, There at the bottom and when I tried to use them, the Assistant said I already had this upgrade ! !!! What do I do ?????? [ATTACH]...
  8. upper 2 rows of keyboard not working after today's win10 update 4/14/2020

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    upper 2 rows of keyboard not working after today's win10 update 4/14/2020: Hi, i am using Hair laptop model y11c. after updating wind10 4/14/2020, upper two rows of my keyboard not working. so, give me any solution for this problem....
  9. 4/2 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    4/2 update: all my saved files are NOW missing how do I retreive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/42-update/da2c239b-e159-43b2-b427-532920c9f613"
  10. No restart after today's update

in Windows 10 Support
    No restart after today's update: Only spinning dots for 20 minutes now after restart because of update. Should I reset? Or? 71898